Frank Lampard

Day

4 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

I'd have him back in a Heartbeat

... Revival. 
He could play the long lost grandson of Sergeant Oscar Blaketon, up from the smoke, looking to get away from his humdrum life in the Met Polis, for something a little more adventurous up in the N. York Moors.  I can see him doing his rounds on a top-of-the range E-Bike.  Get's to stay as one of the boys in blue too, of course!  

Obviously, time will have moved on, so the music won't be as good as the original... and the barmaids skirts won't be as short... but hey, a job's a job... innit, me old China teapot*!

*That's Cockinee rhyming slang for a plate of meat, commonly chicken, or haddock, I believe. 

I thought it was feet China Plates of meat = feet or me owd china. As in the term “how are you me owd China” when asking your feet how they are.

No chance he’d come back here - he’ll be holding out for a middling Premier League job, or maybe even a really easy job elsewhere like Celtic. I’d have him back without a shadow of a doubt though, he knows how to motivate a team, and get them playing good, attacking football. God knows we need some goals right now.

I hold great memories of the one season he had here, and don’t begrudge him the move to Chelsea originally.

2 hours ago, Gritstone Ram said:

I thought it was feet China Plates of meat = feet or me owd china. As in the term “how are you me owd China” when asking your feet how they are.

No.  I think your getting mixed up with China cup, which rhymes with pup.  Pup is a young dog, that rhymes with cog.  You get a cog inside a watch, and a watch tells the time.  The time relates to hour, which rhymes with flower.  So clearly, you meant "Me owd flower".
... which relates to rose... toes!  Et Voila!  Simples!  

Keep up, will yer!  ?

No, absolutely definitely NOT!

A great part of Lampard's strength when he was here was the respect he engendered.

This was obvious with the number of top loanees who were parachuted in to learn from a briliant England International and recent Chelsea Legend.

This influence no longer exists with a failed and sacked Chelsea manager.

Sad but true!

Football is a cruel and unforgiving business.

1 hour ago, Brammie Steve said:

No, absolutely definitely NOT!

A great part of Lampard's strength when he was here was the respect he engendered.

This was obvious with the number of top loanees who were parachuted in to learn from a briliant England International and recent Chelsea Legend.

This influence no longer exists with a failed and sacked Chelsea manager.

Sad but true!

Football is a cruel and unforgiving business.

I think it just goes to show how hard of a job Rooney has here. When it comes down to it Lampard only just made 6th WITH 3 of arguably the best players in the league at the time.

Imo, Lampard would have got mid table without those 3 as those loans just papered over the cracks.

No matter what some fans think, we had/have a bang average, at best squad.

Since Belik has been injured our form has dipped and that's just one player. We are an average side atm and Rooney needs time & backing to build. 

Lampard would have needed a few years too and I think eventually he would have had us competing. Unfortunately he jumped ship.

I don't think he'd come back anyway, if he did I'd support him like i would any new manager.

On 08/03/2021 at 20:34, Mucker1884 said:

No.  I think your getting mixed up with China cup, which rhymes with pup.  Pup is a young dog, that rhymes with cog.  You get a cog inside a watch, and a watch tells the time.  The time relates to hour, which rhymes with flower.  So clearly, you meant "Me owd flower".
... which relates to rose... toes!  Et Voila!  Simples!  

Keep up, will yer!  ?

It's all a bit Fred Karno!*

*Fred Karno's Army........Barmy!

On 08/03/2021 at 08:32, RamNut said:

Not sure where Frank goes next. Fulham? 
i preferred Frank and Jodie but they fail to pass my ‘could you imagine them staying for 5 years’ test.

P.s.

Rooney also fails my ‘could you imagine them staying for 5 years test.

And worse still - I ‘ve already had enough.

I just do not get the devotion of others to this chopping and changing long ball poo. 

Edited by RamNut

2 hours ago, RamNut said:

P.s.

Rooney also fails my ‘could you imagine them staying for 5 years test.

And worse still - I ‘ve already had enough.

I just do not get the devotion of others to this chopping and changing long ball poo. 

I think he’s having to adapt to the players we currently have and position we are in.  Get this season over with and start again.

3 hours ago, Boycie said:

I think he’s having to adapt to the players we currently have and position we are in.  Get this season over with and start again.

Oh please no. Not another season of Rosenior and Rooney. 

2B16537C-8235-44A5-B914-63E402E141BA.thumb.jpeg.5ef58113c14483bc707cdb69c0292849.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/03/2021 at 08:29, Boycie said:

Well if that's true, he's adapting the wrong way.  Our players are best at playing counter attack, passing quick into feet. Which is pretty much the opposite to the slow, defensive, long ball style being used now. 

6 hours ago, Chris_Martin said:

Well if that's true, he's adapting the wrong way.  Our players are best at playing counter attack, passing quick into feet. Which is pretty much the opposite to the slow, defensive, long ball style being used now. 

These lads haven’t got the confidence to pass quick at the moment. Rooney is crying out for them to be brave on the ball, that doesn’t sound like passing slow, defensive or aimless long balls to me?

24 minutes ago, Boycie said:

These lads haven’t got the confidence to pass quick at the moment. Rooney is crying out for them to be brave on the ball, that doesn’t sound like passing slow, defensive or aimless long balls to me?

Didn't Cocu say the same thing? 

2 hours ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

I would like to see Frank as the England U21 manager, much more suited to the role than the current bumbling idiot AB. He’s got a wealth of talent at his disposal and I reckon FL would get far more out of the lads than the current pretender. 

I wouldn't be against it, but:

1) I think he'd see it as a big step down.

2) It would pretty much guarantee him being the next senior England manager. This would make @David right in his prediction, and a world where @David is right is not a world I want to live in.

4 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I wouldn't be against it, but:

1) I think he'd see it as a big step down.

2) It would pretty much guarantee him being the next senior England manager. This would make @David right in his prediction, and a world where @David is right is not a world I want to live in.

You’re already living in it

• 2 months later...

Quick mention for Lampard, must be some mixed emotions going through him.

Sacked 4 months ago, probably thinking that woulda, coulda, shoulda been him.

Still deserves a lot of credit for sticking by Mount, bringing James through. 

Not sure he had the experience to take them all the way and to win the title, sure he would disagree.