Frank Lampard

Day

I've just checked the calender...nope not April 1st.

I remember him getting it wrong imo with the starting 11 at Wembley(you're only as good as your last game)I remember him being on holiday with his entourage somewhere hot, I remember him stringing the talks so PC had very little time to settle into his managers job here.

No just a Spiv imo.

First notional Rooney Out thread.

Tongue in cheek or not it wouldn’t be posted if our last two performances weren’t so bad.

We’ve taken a step back and in truth Rooney faces a real test of motivation and leadership to get them going in the right direction again.

A couple more games like those two and people will be saying he’s not experienced enough.

I’m a Rooney fan. I think he’ll sort us out.

1 hour ago, dcfc4ever said:

Is he still available ?
Bit of fun but I’d have him back in a heart beat

decent football,goals,decent signings,decent loans and vocal on touch line.Articulate to the press and fans.

Best live game ive seen in my 40 years following the Rams against Leeds Away and of course a visit to Wembley.

GIF by Giphy QA

1 hour ago, dcfc4ever said:

Is he still available ?

decent football,goals,decent signings,decent loans and vocal on touch line.Articulate to the press and fans.

Best live game ive seen in my 40 years following the Rams against Leeds Away and of course a visit to Wembley.

Absolutely........

NOT!!!!

Got it wrong more often than right, signed some dross, and relied heavily on Mount, Tomori and Wilson...reckon Phil Brown would have gotten us to the playoff's with them 3 loanees. Wasn't even a big fan of his bounce...no thanks. 

1 hour ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

The signings, by and large, were dross.

This made me think about signings in particular, and I realised we haven't really had decent recruitment since Clough. I remeber at the time people bemoaning his loyalty to his back room staff, that they weren't at this level, and his brother as head of recruitment. But I honestly can't think of any signings since that compare with the likes of Martin, Bryson, Russell, Keogh, Eustace for longevity and effecriveness. Even Mac's success was built around Clough's signings, and any other memorable players we've had in the intervening years have come from the academy.

2 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Different football world now though 

Well we couldn’t afford £6 million on Waghorn £3 million on Malone and joflo £5 million on Marriott £700,000 on Holmes was it but we did get £500,000 back on what we paid for Evans not to mention the huge loan fees to Liverpool and Chelsea. He did have a decent captain and centre half in Keogh at the time as well as experienced Bryson and Johnson as well as Huddlestone.

I wonder how he would get on with yes nothing to spend next season basically  

Everyone seems to be forgetting he did sell Vydra to raise those transfer funds

I'd have him back in a Heartbeat

... Revival. 
He could play the long lost grandson of Sergeant Oscar Blaketon, up from the smoke, looking to get away from his humdrum life in the Met Polis, for something a little more adventurous up in the N. York Moors.  I can see him doing his rounds on a top-of-the range E-Bike.  Get's to stay as one of the boys in blue too, of course!  

Obviously, time will have moved on, so the music won't be as good as the original... and the barmaids skirts won't be as short... but hey, a job's a job... innit, me old China teapot*!

*That's Cockinee rhyming slang for a plate of meat, commonly chicken, or haddock, I believe. 

6 hours ago, dcfc4ever said:

Is he still available ?

You seem to remember leeds away and not Bolton, Rotherham, villa. Also only seem to remember mount tomori and Wilson and not Josefzoon waggy etc. bUt He BoUnCeD