Frank Lampard

Day

• 2 months later...
5 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Big defeat in US pre season game.

Could be Franks last season in management before retiring to the TV studios?

It was always going to be a difficult job for him there. The squad isn't good enough and financially they are a mess. Poorly run football club over recent years

They were decent at Goodison Park towards the end of last season and it will probably be a similar story this season.

No chance they will go down with Fulham, Bournemouth and Forest in the league.

But he will be under pressure if they ate languishing around 15th - 16th spot.

• 5 months later...
12 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Fully expected him to be gone by the time I finished work today so a bit surprised to see its not happened yet.

Maybe the Everton owner is weighing up who the fans will blame more as they don't seem very popular.

Probably struggle to pay him off this fresh into his contract, unless he agreed no compo to get the position.

38 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Probably struggle to pay him off this fresh into his contract, unless he agreed no compo to get the position.

My postman is an Everton ST holder he's not happy with him and wasn't happy when he signed, Most of his mates don't like him either, Fan discontentment is the worry he said, Plenty of boos from those that were still there last night and a lot aimed at Lampard who made a very quick exit when the whistle blew.

He says it's affecting the players even more so now that relegation is beckoning

Edited by The Last Post

Surprised Fat Frank is still in post as I type. I feel he's a bit of a shield for the board, so maybe that's the reason until they have a replacement ready.

He was oh so lucky to get the job in the first place, after Rooney turned it down to stay with us. And he should never have jumped ship from us for Chelski when, had he stayed at Derby and learned the job, the role there would have continued to be available to him at any point in the future. Now I reckon his managerial career is over, with Derby the highlight.

Career won’t be over at all, Lampard will be fine. Plenty of worse managers are still on the merry go round. 

Calvert-Lewin has only played 8 games, always seems to be injured these days, with Maupay being signed as his backup and not exactly hit the ground running, Everton were always going to struggle. Not sure a new manager comes in and manages to get much more out of that squad.

4 hours ago, The Last Post said:

My postman is an Everton ST holder he's not happy with him and wasn't happy when he signed, Most of his mates don't like him either, Fan discontentment is the worry he said, Plenty of boos from those that were still there last night and a lot aimed at Lampard who made a very quick exit when the whistle blew.

He says it's affecting the players even more so now that relegation is beckoning

I've been to Everton a fair few times and sat with them in their end.  The above is standard whether they're in a champions league spot or 3rd from bottom.  They whinge like fook about everything and have a habit of booing any returning player even if they spent years there, turned down countless moves, won 5 player of the seasons and made them twice the purchase fee.

The small comfort for me if Forest don't go is that they'll take their place .  I'd piss myself.

9 minutes ago, David said:

Career won’t be over at all, Lampard will be fine. Plenty of worse managers are still on the merry go round. 

Calvert-Lewin has only played 8 games, always seems to be injured these days, with Maupay being signed as his backup and not exactly hit the ground running, Everton were always going to struggle. Not sure a new manager comes in and manages to get much more out of that squad.

There's always Bournemouth home of the bewildered and overhyped manager.  Uncle Arry can get him a cushty earner. He'll have to wait till they're relegated back to the championship where you can throw darts at some photos of the players to pick a side and still put out a 100 million quids worth of talent.  When he gets promoted, all his chums can throw him a party and people can go on about how great he is.  Till he gets sacked after a 5-0 drilling by Brentford a few months later anyway.

The other option is Fulham usually but seems there staying up this year.  Scott Parker can be his assistant.

2 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I've been to Everton a fair few times and sat with them in their end.  The above is standard whether they're in a champions league spot or 3rd from bottom.  They whinge like fook about everything and have a habit of booing any returning player even if they spent years there, turned down countless moves, won 5 player of the seasons and made them twice the purchase fee.

The small comfort for me if Forest don't go is that they'll take their place .  I'd piss myself.

For Everton, read Gumps, ManUre or just about any football crowd. You're only 'one of us' when you're one of us.