Frank Lampard

Day

Assuming he gets the boot before the end of the season I see Frank’s career going two ways: punditry or a job within the England set up (hoping to snake the top job after a few years with the u21’s.)

Always thought leaving us was a mistake but to be fair to him he’s managed Chelsea which I doubt he would’ve done if he had stayed with us. Clearly not tactically smart and with our finances being cut back he really did sneak off at the right time before he could be found out.

50 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Gotta be gone, no? I loved the Lampard / Morris season, but I can't say I'm losing much sleep over his subsequent troubles.

I loved that season too ….. up until I saw the starting XI he picked at Wembley ?‍♂️?‍♂️…  no chance he’ll see the season out. 

He vastly underperformed that season though, in reality. He had 3 of the best players in the league on loan, added to an already play off calibre squad and basically crept into the play offs. Couldn’t buy a win with Mount out injured either. None of his subsequent troubles are a surprise. 

All true, but then there's that Leeds away leg. The Clough era was before my time and that night still rates as one of the best of my life as a Rams fan, despite the ultimate outcome.

In my defence, I actually thought Rowett was OK too and you can't help how you feel, can you? I've no loyalty to him as such, as he showed none to us, but I don't wish him failure either. I'm just not fussed if that's his fate. Feels like ancient history now in any case and it's not something I waste any time thinking about.

2 minutes ago, Turk Thrust said:

Went to the Everton match today. Everton were really poor. Got to be relegated and I can’t see them doing well in the Championship either.  Lampard needs to go, but who would replace him?  Mind you, West Ham weren’t much better. 

Knowing our luck, Paul Warne?

1 hour ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

All true, but then there's that Leeds away leg. The Clough era was before my time and that night still rates as one of the best of my life as a Rams fan, despite the ultimate outcome.

In my defence, I actually thought Rowett was OK too and you can't help how you feel, can you? I've no loyalty to him as such, as he showed none to us, but I don't wish him failure either. I'm just not fussed if that's his fate. Feels like ancient history now in any case and it's not something I waste any time thinking about.

Go Away GIF  

;-)