Frank Lampard

Day

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Martin would have put away most of the chances Nugent squandered. As we all know you have to provide your strikers with chances for them to be effective. What was Martin's goals per minutes played in his last season for us? At one stage best in Championship.

Lampard wanted to play a pressing game. Martin never has and never will be that type of player.

The style of play under Cocu was very different and suited Martin much more

3 hours ago, AGR said:

No offence but I couldn't care less about Martin's stats when he was on loan. I don't need stats to tell me that Martin would've been a better option as back up for Nugent that season who scored 2 goals in one of the greatest championship teams of all time. There's nothing that Nugent did that season that Martin couldn't do

edit

ignore me thinking of the wrong season 

Edited by Coconut's Beard

• 1 month later...

I’m mixed on Lampard. He’s clearly a smart guy and extremely likable. I can see how he could bring a dressing room together and create positivity. But I don’t really rate him as a coach.

I thought any competent manager would have got our 18/19 side to the playoffs. I mean our biggest competitors that season for a top six spot was Bristol City and Boro who were both pretty crap.

Our form when Mason Mount was out injured was worrying too. 

Then at Chelsea you can see the difference Tuchel has made with the same players. Lampard’s teams are so open, they concede so many soft goals. Tactically naive.

I don’t know what Everton are thinking based on Lampard’s CV so far. Somebody like Graham Potter would be a far better choice if they want a young manager to build with.

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

I don’t know what Everton are thinking based on Lampard’s CV so far. Somebody like Graham Potter would be a far better choice if they want a young manager to build with.

You think the Everton fans want to wait/build? They want instant success and think they'll get it with Lampard. 

Paul Clement as assistant? ?

He is also piecing together his coaching team, with former Derby County and Swansea City manager Paul Clement - who worked with former Everton manager Carlo Ancelotti at Chelsea, Paris St-Germain, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich - in contention to move to Goodison Park along with Chelsea coach Joe Edwards