Frank Lampard

Day

On 30/01/2022 at 18:48, Bris Vegas said:

I thought any competent manager would have got our 18/19 side to the playoffs. I mean our biggest competitors that season for a top six spot was Bristol City and Boro who were both pretty crap.

Does help when you’re cheating as well…..according to Mr Gibson.

7 hours ago, Turnstile said:

I recon this is a recipe for disaster ,who the hell would want to employ clement.Harry may come in as advisor on how to lose your fortune.No wonder football is in such a mess.

Clement has an outstanding record in the role he’s just been given ??‍♂️ 

3 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Clement has an outstanding record in the role he’s just been given ??‍♂️ 

Not in this country. Only under very experienced (defensive minded)managers where he was working (supervising training)for world class players.I don’t think Everton have many of those !! We will see how they go on.

Edited by Turnstile

38 minutes ago, Turnstile said:

Not in this country. Only under very experienced (defensive minded)managers where he was working (supervising training)for world class players.I don’t think Everton have many of those !! We will see how they go on.

Was he not a success under Ancelotti at Chelsea? 

• 4 weeks later...
On 03/12/2021 at 17:01, Boycie said:

Also having no contact with Chelsea until after the final, even though he’d spoken to them in April about the possibility of loans for the next season.

Thought the telling part was he glossed over and quickly moved on when asked when he first spoke to Chelsea , he didn’t remember , move on ??‍♂️

I think he could still keep Everton up. Their away performances have been abysmal, but they've seemed alright at home under him. Couple of dominant wins against Leeds and Brentford (in the cup), and a Man City game where they held their own and were perhaps a bit unlucky not to have got something (especially with the not given handball call). Think it will be close between Everton, Burnley and Leeds for that last relegation spot, though. No prizes for guessing which one I'd rather see go down.

Vested interest in Lampard doing well at Everton.

Firstly, the better Lampard does at Everton, the less likely they are to come sniffing for Rooney in the near future. It's not to say that Rooney won't be headhunted by another side, but I think he'd find it harder to turn Everton down again.

Secondly, Everton and Leeds won't both go down. And we all want Leeds to go down, so that means we all want Everton to stay up.