Frank Lampard

Day

12 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Well, there's the city of his birth.
The club he supported as a mucky kid.
His 6 year youth (playing) career.
His FA Youth Cup Final goal, where he revealed his "Once a blue, always a blue" tee shirt.
Becoming Everton's second youngest first team starter, and their all time youngest first team goal scorer (*At the time).
Becoming the youngest Prem scorer (*At the time) whilst wearing an Everton shirt.
"That" goal that put a stop to Arsenal's 30 match unbeaten run, (plus others), and the onset of his pro career.
His return as a playing messiah, and "That" goal from his own half, v west ham.

Don't get me wrong, I'd agree with those who opine that he'd be foolish to go back there now, as things stand... but to say there are no links between Wayne Rooney and Everton FC are equally as foolish... in my opinion.  

And where did I say there were ‘no links’? I asked what justified him being linked with the job?  Does all of that you’ve listed justify a job at a premier league team who are in dire trouble? I don’t think it does.  Would be a case Heart ruling head and quite stupid (sorry if referring to his ‘name’ wasn’t enough for you to infer from context what I was getting at) ?

7 minutes ago, LazloW said:

And where did I say there were ‘no links’? I asked what justified him being linked with the job?  Does all of that you’ve listed justify a job at a premier league team who are in dire trouble? I don’t think it does.  Would be a case Heart ruling head and quite stupid (sorry if referring to his ‘name’ wasn’t enough for you to infer from context what I was getting at) ?

Apologies for misunderstanding your context first time around, but I did quote you word for word, and that's specifically what I responded to.
Here it is again...

... So question is, apart from his name, what justifies his name being linked with Everton? Nothing at all...

Having said that, and having now understood your context, from your latest response, I totally agree with you.  EFC would be fools to invite him as their manager, and WR would be a fool for either accepting any offer, or applying for the job.  

Apologies again... etc... etc... 

28 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Well, there's the city of his birth.
The club he supported as a mucky kid.
His 6 year youth (playing) career.
His FA Youth Cup Final goal, where he revealed his "Once a blue, always a blue" tee shirt.
Becoming Everton's second youngest first team starter, and their all time youngest first team goal scorer (*At the time).
Becoming the youngest Prem scorer (*At the time) whilst wearing an Everton shirt.
"That" goal that put a stop to Arsenal's 30 match unbeaten run, (plus others), and the onset of his pro career.
His return as a playing messiah, and "That" goal from his own half, v west ham.

Don't get me wrong, I'd agree with those who opine that he'd be foolish to go back there now, as things stand... but to say there are no links between Wayne Rooney and Everton FC are equally as foolish... in my opinion.  

None of that has anything to do with his ability as a manager, though.

We've had plenty of ex-Derby players manage the club. Apart from McClaren, I'm struggling to think of one that took the club forward.

2 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

None of that has anything to do with his ability as a manager, though.

We've had plenty of ex-Derby players manage the club. Apart from McClaren, I'm struggling to think of one that took the club forward.

Totally agree.
As per the last para you quoted, and my follow-up post.

That's not what I thought I was responding to.  My bad.  

25 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Not his fault - you can only select the players you have - desperate move by Everton 

The only move they have left. Not enough time to sell up, fix FFP issues and invest in the squad to stay up.

Whilst I’m in the “not Frank’s fault” camp, he’s struggling to get anything out of these players he’s been dealt with. They are obviously hoping for a new manager bounce like Villa have had since getting rid of Gerrard. 

For me though that squad is so poor, I can’t see it, where are the goals coming from without a fully fit Calvert-Lewin?

I do understand the final roll of the dice though.

Lampard is better off out of there and will land himself another job in no time. I also don’t get the criticism that he is nothing without Morris, maybe so, yet I bet Paul Warne will say the same without his mates alongside him. Jim Smith when Steve McClaren left….

Every manager needs that number 2 they can bounce off, maybe that was Morris, maybe we will see a reunion at his next gig, although I thought Jody wanted to move into management himself and chose not to follow him into Everton. Either way Frank will find his back room team in time, he’s still new to the managerial game and finding his feet. I don’t believe his time at Everton will blot his CV too much, although he may need to step down to the top end of the Championship for a quick return into the hotseat.

2 hours ago, LazloW said:

Well, there you go. What next for Frank. Rebuild/restart his career lower down or give management up as a bad job and go into tele?

He'll take over at Bournemouth when they go down.  He can spend a year reading the paper while they get promoted without any input then lap up the adulation of his Lazarus like resurrection having done sod all.  

Sad tale, cos I like the guy and wish he’d stayed with us. One of the Chelsea sponsors is Hublot, who make impossibly expensive watches. Their routine is they give the manager 3 watches each season to show off in interviews and on the touch line. When he was sacked, Tuchel readily handed his back. Frank was more difficult to pin down and found it impossible to find time to arrange a meeting involving him, the 3 watches and the sponsor’s rep.   ?