Christopher Hugh Martin Fan Club

Animal is a Ram

5 hours ago, nottingram said:

Think there’s been a global pandemic in the meantime that has drastically affected revenue streams everywhere, which potentially affects our ability to give out new contracts. 

We might have been able to afford Martins contract but we might not have been willing to give him a THREE YEAR DEAL given that in a years time we might have a new manager that doesn’t rate him, although fingers crossed that wouldn’t be the case. 

It might be that if Mel had foreseen this pandemic he mightn’t have committed to Rooney but ultimately no one knows the answer to that and no one saw this coming.

If only it was as simple as ripping contracts up. Unfortunately it quite clearly isn’t that easy. It might well be that the sponsorship income Rooney brings in is absolutely key currently, and Rooney is more important to the team than Martin is, in my opinion. 

I don’t understand why people can’t grasp that he wasn’t let go. He was offered a contract the club felt was fair. For far too long we have been held to ransom by players so I don’t understand why it is such a bad thing that we aren’t willing to bend over backwards anymore.

He has been and is a good player but goodness me, he is not Derby County Football Club. 

Good post , even Wayne Rooney is eclipsed by Martin in the eyes of some ,it’s bizarre 

21 hours ago, Van Gritters said:

Burnley away 2014, I think it was, that’s another one that sticks out for me. He got fouled  in the box stone wall penalty but not needed because I believe Hendrick scored but oh no Mr R. Ectum aka Robert Madley sent Martin off and disallowed the goal. One of the most bizarre decisions I have seen.

It was not bizarre, it was blatant cheating from a pathetic human being who decided he didnt like Chris so gave what he wanted to not what he saw.

I still want his head on a spike outside Pride Park so i can shout "wanka,wanka,wanka" at him everytime i pass it.

(it would have to be a substantial spike to hold his potato head)

?

The record needs addressing once and for all. Chris Martin did not leave Derby County. He was forced out. Reduced terms and length of contract were not an issue. After 7 years of no sausages in the Moor Farm canteen, the poor man could take no more and when it was rumoured that pies and chips were to be removed from the menu then you can understand the distress this caused. I have no doubt that a constructive dismal case will ensue. 

Listening to Eric Steele on the post match analysis,he mentioned that Paul Simpson had joined the coaching staff at Bristol city this season which may help to explain Martin's move there....both would be pretty pleased to be working together I would imagine and simmo certainly knows how to get the best out of Chrissie and also what he can bring to the team if played to his strengths.

Should make for a good partnership.

I've been on the Bristol City forum, they don't think he will be the main guy for them, just a different option to use, they have Diedhiou, Wells, Weimann and Semenyo.

Also good to see Malone on the scoresheet today, he's not exactly loved here but a successful loan spell would enable us to recoup some of the fee we paid for him

1 hour ago, David said:

I've been on the Bristol City forum, they don't think he will be the main guy for them, just a different option to use, they have Diedhiou, Wells, Weimann and Semenyo.

Also good to see Malone on the scoresheet today, he's not exactly loved here but a successful loan spell would enable us to recoup some of the fee we paid for him

I would have thought that was correct,just as he would have been here again I expect but it will be interesting to see how it develops (for Martin fans at least)

I quite liked Malone when he was with us,bar his limited ability to defend but I always preferred Forsyth in the same role which is clearly what Cocu thought too.We may have not seen the last of him or,as you say,we will hopefully recoup our expenses.

1 hour ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I quite liked Malone when he was with us,bar his limited ability to defend but I always preferred Forsyth in the same role which is clearly what Cocu thought too.We may have not seen the last of him or,as you say,we will hopefully recoup our expenses.

Isn't this season his last with us? Today would have shown us his best (limited) ability, wingback not defender imo.

On 04/09/2020 at 09:03, AndyinLiverpool said:

I think you misunderstand. I don't blame Martin for not taking the contract offered. I am just pointing out that saying the club 'let him go' is a statement so inaccurate it should be on the side of a bus.

The fan club will eventually get over a 1 in 3 striker whose best season was 7 years ago but if 'let him go' and 'tantamount to constructive dismissal' help, go ahead.

elsa___let_it_go__by_stevegibson_d7be9ki-pre.jpg

Edited by G STAR RAM

• 2 weeks later...