Christopher Hugh Martin Fan Club

Animal is a Ram

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Well who the fook would pay £5m for Waghorn (and another poster said the Blades fans during our friendly were on about him wanting £30k/week when we were in for him as they were too!!!)? But I suppose we'll have to extend his deal or be screwed by P&S.

I don't want £5m for Waggers - I want to keep him thanks

10 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Well who the fook would pay £5m for Waghorn (and another poster said the Blades fans during our friendly were on about him wanting £30k/week when we were in for him as they were too!!!)? But I suppose we'll have to extend his deal or be screwed by P&S.

You should know better than to believe transfer fees banded around! You should also know better than to believe that other fans of other clubs (just like ours) know the ins and outs of our squad’s wage demands.

It's a sad day that he's gone but I'd rather he went out on a high than fade away with us. His goals against both Leeds away and Forest at home provide sweet memories of his last season with us. Also the last time most of us saw him play live he treated us to a brace, although that game also spelled the arrival of one Louie Sibley. The King is dead, long live the King. 

I wonder what people were thinking when Clough signed him on loan in the 12/13 season, what was it 15 games 2 goals, and an absolutely awful haircut. Clough was playing him on the left hand side ??‍♂️

Who would’ve called it then that he’d go on to be the best striker we’ve had in 20 years!   I also agree with Leicester Ram in the type of players we have in the team and particularly the lack of pace in the team means he’s no longer the best option. Clearly we’ve offered him what we felt we could and he’s found a better deal elsewhere and in going to Bristol he’s going to a club at the same level. Fair play to him and hope it works out.  I’m not going to criticise Derby either - we’ve got to do what is best for the club, and they feel they can’t accommodate him for anything more than what we offered.

It is a sad day and it is very much the end of an era, with only Fozzy left now from that McClaren team. However players come and go - I wanted to watch Eranio Baiano Stimac Wanchope Poom and Sturridge forever. It can’t happen unfortunately.

However I’m looking forward to the new era under Cocu, with Bird Bogle Lowe Knight Sibley Holmes Lawrence and Marriott - with hopefully a polish wing wizard to follow. Who is to say this era won’t eclipse the clough/mcclaren team and get over the line?

But all the best Chrissy. You will always be a Rams legend and eclipse most of the strikers we’ve had in my lifetime for the impact you’ve had on the club, probably only behind likes of Davison, Saunders, Goddard, Sturridge, Baiano, Wanchope but ahead of Gabbiadini Johnson Kitson Strupar (only due to injury) Christie, Rasiak, Howard - that ain’t bad!!

1 hour ago, CBRammette said:

Totally fed up with this. Like when Bobby went

Said what I thought about Martin on other threads so won’t repeat it, but this to me is the same feeling I had when we let  Goddard leave us.

Still wish him well, bloody i just can’t help this bottom of the stomach churning feeling, that this wasn’t the best outcome for us.

Anyhow let’s see who replaces him and hope he doesn’t score against us.

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

He's only 31 - same age as that bloke at Arsenal! Why not a 2/3 year deal? FFS It's pathetic we couldn't/wouldn't offer him that. I bet if it wasn't working after a year we'd still have got money in transfer fees for him! 

Have I missed the bit where it’s confirmed what we offered in terms of years or money for the contract because as far as I can see it’s speculation that some have now turned to fact , given he hasn’t attracted a fee for a few years when we had managers that wanted rid I’m struggling to follow the logic that we would get a fee for him another year on if it wasn’t working ? 
whish him the best and fair play to those that struggle To let go but come on 

Goodbye Chrissy ❤️

More than anyone else, he MADE that 13/14 team. His play brought out the best in the others, and his confidence and skill gave them belief.

And what a lovely first touch he had - a true player.

I remember a grim afternoon losing at Watford, when the ball was bouncing of Connor Sammon in every direction. Chris Martin came on as sub and the contrast was immediate. I turned to my friend and we both said - now THAT'S a footballer!

2 hours ago, reverendo de duivel said:

I've acted like a spurned lover.

I been trying to pretend his going doesn't bother me, and it was time to split up, overdue even.

I thought he'd take his crap clothes out the wardrobe, threaten to storm off, but not really mean it.

On your way nobhead, good luck finding another who loves you like me, I thought. 

Knowing all along he'd be back in my arms before long, having spent the night sleepless in a lay-by, cursing his brinkmanship as he slowly snuggled further into the blanket I'd tossed at him as he walked out the door, while nibbling the kendle mint cake I'd packed in the middle as a surprise.

He's called my bluff, fooked off with another partner who's no doubt been whispering sweet promises in his ear, and all I'm left with is tissues and sweet, sweet memories.

Farewell my prince, you've given me more enjoyment than any other player since the Jim Smith days, and I'll always love you.

Steady on that man!  I know we're all mates on here, but probably best to keep some things to yourself!

25 minutes ago, Archied said:

Have I missed the bit where it’s confirmed what we offered in terms of years or money for the contract because as far as I can see it’s speculation that some have now turned to fact , given he hasn’t attracted a fee for a few years when we had managers that wanted rid I’m struggling to follow the logic that we would get a fee for him another year on if it wasn’t working ? 
whish him the best and fair play to those that struggle To let go but come on 

15 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Steady on that man!  I know we're all mates on here, but probably best to keep some things to yourself!

I take them out of the memory box occasionally, and give them a sniff.

Can you guess what they smell of?

That's right my friend, goals! 

So many goals...