Christopher Hugh Martin Fan Club

Animal is a Ram

1 minute ago, Archied said:

Well yes it is silly and controversial if you STATE as fact that Derby offer was pathetic based on A journo saying Bristol offered him a better deal with no facts and figures either , you or I ( journo too ) don’t have the first clue how the two offers stack up against each other , Derby may have better weekly wage but less time to the extent that’s there’s little difference in the value ? So much so that Derby fans may well think less of Martin if they knew the figures , who knows ? Certainly not you or I or some journo come to that 

you have a narrative you need to stick to so post stuff as fact when it’s no such thing ,now that’s foolish

''A big upgrade'' doesn't read that Derby offered a great deal does it? Regardless, I'm done discussing this. I'm not painting any narrative, Bristol offered a better deal than Derby, and now they have a striker with the same number of goal as our club after 3 games. 

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

''A big upgrade'' doesn't read that Derby offered a great deal does it? Regardless, I'm done discussing this. I'm not painting any narrative, Bristol offered a better deal than Derby, and now they have a striker with the same number of goal as our club after 3 games. 

Did Derby offer a pathetic deal or not as you STATED , fact you know or version you prefer? 

Just now, Archied said:

Did Derby offer a pathetic deal or not as you STATED , fact you know or version you prefer? 

Depends on your definition of pathetic. In my view, offering less than another team in the league (not a parachute payment team) for your best striker, is pathetic. 

2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Depends on your definition of pathetic. In my view, offering less than another team in the league (not a parachute payment team) for your best striker, is pathetic. 

Definition of pathetic ? Hmmmmm not sure but not being able to admit you don’t have the first clue of the figures you state to be pathetic would be right up there?

Definition of pathetic ? Hmmmmm not sure but not being able to admit you don’t have the first clue of the figures you state to be pathetic would be right up there?

Nobody knows any of the real numbers. We know what journos report on them, no player has come out and said what they earn. But then again, you don't believe journos do you?

Nobody knows what we offered. Fact.

Nobody knows what Bristol City offered outside of the years he's signed for. Fact.

Nobody knows Martin's feelings and how interested he was in staying. Fact.

But us fans do go by what is said in the media, rightly or wrongly, if we was only to sit here and discuss facts then there would be little point given the undisclosed world we live in.

I'd much preferred it if Martin had accepted the offer made to him and stayed. He could still have played an important part in this season but quite honestly, the way some on here have used every opportunity to bring up his departure has been cringeworthy and at times downright embarassing.

Just now, Andicis said:

Nobody knows any of the real numbers. We know what journos report on them, no player has come out and said what they earn. But then again, you don't believe journos do you?

Yep that I why I have neither claimed Derby offered a pathetic deal or Martin turned down a reasonable from the club he loves for a fraction more money 

can you honestly say that you don’t actually realise the problem with your STATED as fact post ? If so it’s quite stunning unless your under the age of 12

Yep that I why I have neither claimed Derby offered a pathetic deal or Martin turned down a reasonable from the club he loves for a fraction more money 

can you honestly say that you don’t actually realise the problem with your STATED as fact post ? If so it’s quite stunning unless your under the age of 12

You're really hanging on every word posted on a comment on the forum? I cant honestly say I wasn't being all that deep when I posted it. Do we all need to get every comment checked by a lawyer before we post it? Didn't realise I'd be examined. 

5 hours ago, David said:

Don't think anyone is getting wound up are they?

We simply made the decision not to us this forum as another platform for Twitter "ITK" merchants content thats all, Wolfie said earlier in this topic

"I'd rather not be aware of the 1% that might be accurate if it means not giving credence to the other 99% that's tripe"

I agree with him, and I'm sure many others do. We have a lot of tripe as it is coming out the national media to throw Twitter tripe into the mix as well.  

6 minutes ago, David said:

Nobody knows what Bristol City offered outside of the years he's signed for. Fact.

But us fans do go by what is said in the media, rightly or wrongly, if we was only to sit here and discuss facts then there would be little point given the undisclosed world we live in.

Hmmm.

Make your mind up.

6 minutes ago, David said:

I agree to a point David but I do tend to fight back a bit when totaly unsupported stuff is stated as fact and used as a stick to beat the club with , 

if somebody says it’s their opinion that Martin was so vital to the club that Derby should have met his terms to sign no matter what then that’s different altogether, I might not agree but it’s opinions 

5 minutes ago, Andicis said:

You're really hanging on every word posted on a comment on the forum? I cant honestly say I wasn't being all that deep when I posted it. Do we all need to get every comment checked by a lawyer before we post it? Didn't realise I'd be examined. 

If you post as fact stuff you don’t have the first clue about then surely you expect it to be examined?  Having half a clue about the subject isn’t really deep?

10 minutes ago, Archied said:

I agree to a point David but I do tend to fight back a bit when totaly unsupported stuff is stated as fact and used as a stick to beat the club with , 

if somebody says it’s their opinion that Martin was so vital to the club that Derby should have met his terms to sign no matter what then that’s different altogether, I might not agree but it’s opinions 

But it's not unsupported, he has used a journalists tweet which we're all guilty of at times, going off what is said in the media. 

If we was to only discuss facts, we'd be struggling for discussions here.

1 minute ago, David said:

But it's not unsupported, he has used a journalists tweet which we're all guilty of at times, going off what is said in the media. 

If we was to only discuss facts, we'd be struggling for discussions here.

So it’s ok to post opinions on here as fact? It’s your forum but would have thought that would lead to big trouble 

we’ve even had the club accused of constructive dismissal over the Martin issue?

that said it’s probably a bit cruel of me to enjoy watching the wriggle so will leave the pathetic contract subject as it lies with a smile

4 minutes ago, Archied said:

So it’s ok to post opinions on here as fact? It’s your forum but would have thought that would lead to big trouble 

we’ve even had the club accused of constructive dismissal over the Martin issue?

that said it’s probably a bit cruel of me to enjoy watching the wriggle so will leave the pathetic contract subject as it lies with a smile

Who is posting opinions as fact?

41 minutes ago, Andicis said:

That doesn't look like he's claiming it to be facts.

10 minutes ago, David said:

Who is posting opinions as fact?

That doesn't look like he's claiming it to be facts.

Read further back in the thread David it was stated Derby offered him a pathetic deal ,it was like pulling teeth to get to the point you are quoting from