Christopher Hugh Martin Fan Club

Animal is a Ram

3 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Dont think there’s too much between them to be fair, but there’s a chasm to Marriott.

I tend to judge strikers on their ability to finish. Martin is a really good finisher, no question. Where as finishing is Waghorn's weakness. 

5 minutes ago, europia said:

I tend to judge strikers on their ability to finish. Martin is a really good finisher, no question. Where as finishing is Waghorn's weakness. 

True, but there’s more to a striker than just that. Waghorn offers energy and movement where Martin offers more technical passes. Different strengths. Would argue Waghorn’s finishing is only poor one on one, his instinctive finishing is actually pretty good.

8 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

True, but there’s more to a striker than just that. Waghorn offers energy and movement where Martin offers more technical passes. Different strengths. Would argue Waghorn’s finishing is only poor one on one, his instinctive finishing is actually pretty good.

Just comes down to opinions. We were linked on and off with Waghorn for quite a few years. So I was expecting something special, a player who would make the difference. It's been disappointing overall. Just my perspective, though...

23 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Dont think there’s too much between them to be fair, but there’s a chasm to Marriott.

Correct.  Martins getting on a bit now and Waghorn is adequate out wide but can't take a penalty or finish one on one. There's a chasm between him and Marriott in finishing ability and the Bristol channel between Marriott and Martin.

2 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

It's ok I understand @SaintRam why you're putting all the Chris Martin chat in here. You're missing him as much as the rest of us Martinis aren't you? Put it all in one place and it's easy to avoid. I'm here for you when you're ready to talk. Trust me the hurt will subside eventually. ?

You're right. I miss him as much as I miss Conor Sammon. 

On 16/09/2020 at 20:57, Andicis said:

Oh what's that, we offered him a pathetic one with only one year.

Oh what’s that , you know what wages were offered v contract length , please enlighten us as you must be fully in the know to STATE we offered pathetic, funnily enough I’m certain that anything which didn’t MAKE Martin stay is considered pathetic in your eyes ,so come on tell us the details of contact length and wages re Derby and Bristol , betting you don’t though? as usual when caught posting guff

2 minutes ago, Archied said:

Oh what’s that , you know what wages were offered v contract length , please enlighten us as you must be fully in the know to STATE we offered pathetic, funnily enough I’m certain that anything which didn’t MAKE Martin stay is considered pathetic in your eyes ,so come on tell us the details of contact length and wages re Derby and Bristol , betting you don’t though? as usual when caught posting guff

I know I'm living in your head rent free, but you don't need to reply to every single thing I post on this forum.

On 16/09/2020 at 21:53, CBRammette said:

Of course he will - any true fan would Get behind our new striker and be a huge fan of anyone scoring goals for us but that doesnt stop those of us  that did always being a huge Chris fan too and wishing things had turned out differently with him part of it.  No different to people who thought Hughes, Bryson, Russell, Vydra, Keogh even Malone shouldnt have gone when they did but have still supported their replacements.  Your comment suggests Chris fans arent Derby fans first and foremost which is daft

What you call daft non cult members call borderline ?

14 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I know I'm living in your head rent free, but you don't need to reply to every single thing I post on this forum.

Erm not an answer , do you know the figures or not ,as for rent free I absolutely enjoy calling out guff posted as fact ,opinions are there to be debated guff is there to be outed 

1 minute ago, Archied said:

Erm not an answer , do you know the figures or not ,as for rent free I absolutely enjoy calling out guff posted as fact ,opinions are there to be debated guff is there to be outed 

No, but I'll defer to the journo saying Bristol offered the better deal. I never claimed to know exact figures. Even when I post an opinion, you call it guff. You're not outing anything, you're frequently making yourself look foolish. As you did the other day, and backtracked. 

12 minutes ago, Andicis said:

No, but I'll defer to the journo saying Bristol offered the better deal. I never claimed to know exact figures. Even when I post an opinion, you call it guff. You're not outing anything, you're frequently making yourself look foolish. As you did the other day, and backtracked. 

But did you not STATE Derby offer was pathetic , now you quote a journo who has no figures either , if you consider me being able to re evaluate posts and accept being wrong foolish I kind of think that says something about us both ?

2 minutes ago, Archied said:

But did you not STATE Derby offer was pathetic , now you quote a journo who has no figures either , if you consider me being able to re evaluate posts and accept being wrong foolish I kind of think that says something about us both ?

Based on what journalists say, yeah. I did say that. We don't know any of the inner workings of football, we can go off what journos say. I choose to do that, it's not controversial is it? Except, all of your posts are written in the same manner which makes you look silly if you get it wrong.

2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Based on what journalists say, yeah. I did say that. We don't know any of the inner workings of football, we can go off what journos say. I choose to do that, it's not controversial is it? Except, all of your posts are written in the same manner which makes you look silly if you get it wrong.

Well yes it is silly and controversial if you STATE as fact that Derby offer was pathetic based on A journo saying Bristol offered him a better deal with no facts and figures either , you or I ( journo too ) don’t have the first clue how the two offers stack up against each other , Derby may have better weekly wage but less time to the extent that’s there’s little difference in the value ? So much so that Derby fans may well think less of Martin if they knew the figures , who knows ? Certainly not you or I or some journo come to that 

you have a narrative you need to stick to so post stuff as fact when it’s no such thing ,now that’s foolish