Serdar Dursun

DcFc Dyycheee

12 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

How do you know we weren't? Not aimed at you but so many people who use this line of complaint act like they could bring in players quicker/easily.

We've known we needed a striker since/before we made the decision on Martin, and yet somehow we've found ourselves with 2 business days to wrap up an international transfer during a pandemic, one that possibly hinges on a team replacing that player in the same timeframe before they will let him go.

Of course we don't always get our first choice, but you move down a list, however long, until you get someone. There are occasions you can defer until the next window when an option is available, but we don't have that luxury.

Strikers capable of playing in this system should have been identified and scouted for 12 months, and as soon as the Martin decision, the EFL decision, or the Bogle/Lowe sale, whichever was the catalyst to allow us to start making moves, we should have gone down that list and got someone in and settled ASAP.

If/when someone does come in now, they will come into a new team, in a run of bad form, facing a schedule of incredibly tough games, and possibly not speaking the language. 

Not including the need for players to build fitness and adapt to Cocuball which apparently can take over a year.

5 minutes ago, Rample said:

We've known we needed a striker since/before we made the decision on Martin, and yet somehow we've found ourselves with 2 business days to wrap up an international transfer during a pandemic, one that possibly hinges on a team replacing that player in the same timeframe before they will let him go.

Of course we don't always get our first choice, but you move down a list, however long, until you get someone. There are occasions you can defer until the next window when an option is available, but we don't have that luxury.

Strikers capable of playing in this system should have been identified and scouted for 12 months, and as soon as the Martin decision, the EFL decision, or the Bogle/Lowe sale, whichever was the catalyst to allow us to start making moves, we should have gone down that list and got someone in and settled ASAP.

If/when someone does come in now, they will come into a new team, in a run of bad form, facing a schedule of incredibly tough games, and possibly not speaking the language. 

Not including the need for players to build fitness and adapt to Cocuball which apparently can take over a year.

Give Derby a call mate, you clearly have much more of a clue on how to run a club than those useless clowns running Derby. They’ll probs give you the job hey

3 minutes ago, ram1964 said:

Positive that this deal is taking time to get over the line, probably shows DCFC are being vidulent and playing hard ball in negotiating ,rather than just splashing the cash.

Bargain basement signing out of necessity.

We're playing hardball because we can't afford to go higher.

We've already emptied our pockets on the table and found just under £1m in cash, a few euros left from our holiday, a post office receipt, a button, a conker, and an extra strong mint covered in fluff. 

4 minutes ago, Rample said:

..and you want us to sign someone further down the list than the supposed bargain basement option? Shall we scrape the barrel, or do you want to go even lower than that just to say we signed someone?

We'll have to start raising the dead from 6 feet under at that rate!

2 minutes ago, Rample said:

We've already emptied our pockets on the table and found just under £1m in cash, a few euros left from our holiday, a post office receipt, a button, a conker, and an extra strong mint covered in fluff. 

Thats all well and good, but your forgetting the seeping from its wrapper Locket that Mel's secretary gave him when he had a sore throat last December. We all find one of them in a winter jacket. That could clinch it

46 minutes ago, Rample said:

The Big Bang Theory Reaction GIF

If we don't sign Dursun or another forward before the looming international transfer window deadline, the next cutoff becomes 16 October before which time Premier League clubs and EFL clubs can trade or loan players. Because there are limits on squad sizes, I'd expect there will be decent strikers to choose from, who would be available on loan.

10 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

If we don't sign Dursun or another forward before the looming international transfer window deadline, the next cutoff becomes 16 October before which time Premier League clubs and EFL clubs can trade or loan players. Because there are limits on squad sizes, I'd expect there will be decent strikers to choose from, who would be available on loan.

Great point Carl.

But to be honest I was expecting two in (the second possibly a loan) as you state - form the above

But at least the club should have nailed a Perm (6ft 3er) in this window - especially after letting CM go.

3 minutes ago, irobinson said:

Great point Carl.

But to be honest I was expecting two in (the second possibly a loan) as you state - form the above

But at least the club should have nailed a Perm (6ft 3er) in this window - especially after letting CM go.

Marriott’s 6’3” on his CV ?

I was quite excited at the thought of Dursun joining in time to watch him on TV.

I just hope we can turn things around and make DCFC a more attractive proposition.

Winning builds momentum and confidence. I think the team needs a new talisman.

1 hour ago, Rample said:

Yeah, cos signing Johson, Butterfield, Blackman and Olson for over inflated fees on closing day worked last time didn't it?

As for 'out of necessity' - one really would hope all signings are this.

As for Darmstadt needing a replacement before they sell - well, that's their call, if it breaks the deal then it does

As for us playing hardball - well, that's our call, if it breaks the deal then it does.

22 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

My thoughts exactly, the most influential players at Derby over the past few years have come to us past the closing of the transfer window.

1 hour ago, Rample said:

When we spend big on players we are irresponsable, when we try and negotiate we are skint and scrapping around in the bargain bin.

At what point will fans ever be happy? The club can't win. It's no wonder they want to stop information leaking out as much as possible because the club will be crucified by it's own fans either way.

21 hours ago, cheron85 said:

That's next season

4 year plan

Year One - Get rid of the dead wood, start blooding the youngsters

Year Two - Start assembling the squad and get everyone used the the playing style

Year Three - Playoffs

Year Four - If Year Three unsuccessful then win the league, if Year Three successful stay in the PL

Ye sounds good when put like that - 

however, season 1 was littered with crap football.

were in season 2 and have less points than we did in season 1. The performances have again been crap and all with better players coming in and the team having a year around Cocu. I don’t see us challenging next year, we seem well behind that plan 

8 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

I don’t think Durson can be our number 1 target. 

Someone said we were only linked with him on monday?

Cocu said after the Blackburn defeat that we would have a player in early this week? Looks to me like what Cocu was hoping for hasn’t worked out 

Just because it was only in the press then, doesn't mean there was nothing going on before then. 

18 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

Ye sounds good when put like that - 

however, season 1 was littered with crap football.

were in season 2 and have less points than we did in season 1. The performances have again been crap and all with better players coming in and the team having a year around Cocu. I don’t see us challenging next year, we seem well behind that plan 

I'm not sure any part of the plan mentions spectacular football in Year 1 or a specified number of points after 3 games in Year 2

The performances haven't been great so far but we started the season with all our senior attacking players injured - We also have significant senior players to get up to match fitness

Lawrence, Waggers, Ibe and Bielik still getting back to fitness, Rooney and Holmes still gaining match fitness, Jozwiak brand new to the UK never mind Derby

I've mentioned this a couple of times - Having a decent pre-season somewhat (or totally) relies on having players who are actually fit - Oddly enough you can't work on things as a team with players who aren't in team training...

25 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

I don’t think Durson can be our number 1 target. 

Someone said we were only linked with him on monday?

Cocu said after the Blackburn defeat that we would have a player in early this week? Looks to me like what Cocu was hoping for hasn’t worked out 

Just be we were first linked with him on Monday doesn't mean that we weren't interested a lot before that?

Maybe Cocu was told last week that Dursun is almost done. Darmstadt want X amount we've offered X amount. We reckon we can get him for this. All being well. Should get that bid in by Monday/Tuesday which they should accept. 

Then all of a sudden Darmstadt have said actually we want this much so we aren't accepting what you thought was enough.

Goalposts move a lot in football. Not managed to get the deal done this week as they probably thought they would.

I don't think it makes any difference anyway. If he'd have signed Wednesday/Thursday would have been a surprise to see him starting. We've got 2 weeks off after. So 2 weeks on the training ground.

He's following us on Instagram. So obviously something is close. They want a certain amount. We obviously are trying to get him for less. Plus he's there star striker so they aren't gonna be mad keen on letting him go.

We've got till 5pm on Monday.

1 hour ago, irobinson said:

Great point Carl.

Should have? Still 3 days to go and we didn't let CM go - he decided to go, based on the offer we made to him (which I'm sure nobody on here knows exactly what that offer entailed). I wish he had stayed but he didn't.