Serdar Dursun

DcFc Dyycheee

1 hour ago, irobinson said:

Great point Carl.

But to be honest I was expecting two in (the second possibly a loan) as you state - form the above

But at least the club should have nailed a Perm (6ft 3er) in this window - especially after letting CM go.

What is it about Chris Martin leaving that people can’t understand?

The club didn’t let him go. 

Don't get how people can comment a lot of things that they're saying, as if they have full knowledge of how transfers work and how long we have been targeting players. 

What's to say we haven't been looking at this guy for a while and he's only just been made available? How do people know what choice target he is?

Transfers aren't simple and don't just happen in the blink of an eye. 

39 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Just be we were first linked with him on Monday doesn't mean that we weren't interested a lot before that?

Maybe Cocu was told last week that Dursun is almost done. Darmstadt want X amount we've offered X amount. We reckon we can get him for this. All being well. Should get that bid in by Monday/Tuesday which they should accept. 

Then all of a sudden Darmstadt have said actually we want this much so we aren't accepting what you thought was enough.

Goalposts move a lot in football. Not managed to get the deal done this week as they probably thought they would.

I don't think it makes any difference anyway. If he'd have signed Wednesday/Thursday would have been a surprise to see him starting. We've got 2 weeks off after. So 2 weeks on the training ground.

He's following us on Instagram. So obviously something is close. They want a certain amount. We obviously are trying to get him for less. Plus he's there star striker so they aren't gonna be mad keen on letting him go.

We've got till 5pm on Monday.

You’re overlooking the reports that say he can’t go until they have a replacement. Bearing in mind we have only 3 days left then things have to move on very quickly

1 minute ago, Arsene Titman said:

You’re overlooking the reports that say he can’t go until they have a replacement. Bearing in mind we have only 3 days left then things have to move on very quickly

No I saw that. It also said that they will have to decide whether to sell now or risk him going for nothing. 

12 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

No I saw that. It also said that they will have to decide whether to sell now or risk him going for nothing. 

And that's why it's probably a game of poker right now between the 2 clubs, which may go down to the wire (Monday).  I'm sure there's shedloads gonig on we don't know about right now. The old swan analogy - graceful above the water, but paddling like buggery below it!

16 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Oh, I must have missed that. The other thing is, if the player really wants the move and his club veto it then they’re going to have an unhappy player on their hands for at least 3 months

6 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

so with Dursun be in the Damstad line up this week end? 

No, he won't be - they play on Monday. Live on BT Sport

I suppose we'll get a good indication then of whether he might be coming or not!

If we don't manage to sign him I can wallow in self pity by watching him play in Germany as the clock ticks down on us.

Edited by Coconut

2 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

What is it about Chris Martin leaving that people can’t understand?

The club didn’t let him go. 

If someone said I could carry on doing my old job but we are only paying you £2.50 from now on,I'd pretty much say that they have effectively let me go.

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

3 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

If someone said I could carry on doing my old job but we are only paying you £2.50 from now on,I'd pretty much say that they have effectively let me go.

Get a grip. If your contract comes to an end and the company offered a new one based on new circumstances and you didn’t take it, it’s not being let go. 

7 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Do you have the specifics of the offer to share with the rest of us please or are you guessing?

Edited by Wolfie20

6 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

The main sticking point was him [his agent] wanting a two year contract and us only willing to offer one year. For some supporters it may only be £1m more in wages to spend, but £1m more than we had until we sold two players. Plus Mel's £30m loan he had to get.

17 minutes ago, Macintosh said:

The main sticking point was him [his agent] wanting a two year contract and us only willing to offer one year. For some supporters it may only be £1m more in wages to spend, but £1m more than we had until we sold two players. Plus Mel's £30m loan he had to get.

And while admittedly things aren’t going well on the pitch, We have now gone x number of weeks without paying said wages. This probably covered what we paid for Byrne. Mel has lost 10 million in season ticket sales. If you consider match day revenue from other sources probably covers match day costs it’s that  £ 10,000,000 that keeps the club running from a cash flow point of view. Have to be realistic