Serdar Dursun

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It wasn't even about money or contract length.

We refused to make him manager, DOF, Chairman and Chief Exec. 

That he could just about swallow, but when we refused to rename the club Chris Martin FC we lost the battle to keep him.

3 hours ago, LeicsRam said:

This whole back and forth on whether we let Martin go or whether he decided to leave reminds me so much of this classic twitter debate.

17FACE27-6948-4066-BCF0-32E4F335EBA3.jpeg

This is literally the same conversation my best mate had with a bouncer in a club in Bromley in 1997, which went something like this...

Bouncer 'How old are you?'

My mate '25'

Bouncer ' Sorry you can't come in, it's over 25's only'

My mate 'But I am over 25'

Bouncer 'No you're not, You're 25.'

My mate 'It was my birthday six months ago.'

Bouncer 'And?'

My mate 'Well obviously I'm over 25.  I'm 25 and a half'

Bouncer 'Still not over 25'

My mate 'Yes I am.  I've been over 25 everyday since the day after my 25th birthday'

Bouncer 'No. You're 25.'

My mate (pointing at me who the bouncer had let in) 'You've let him in.  He's two weeks younger than me.'

Bouncer (possibly swayed by the fact I'm 6'5") asks me 'Are you over 25?'

Me 'Yes'

Bouncer (back to may mate)  'See.  I've let him in 'cos he's over 25.  You're not.'

After five minutes of this I was in absolute stitches.  We never did make it inside the club though.

4 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

Surely by offering him a deal the club made it clear they wanted to keep him 

the fact that someone else are in a better Financial position and can offer him a bigger and longer contract doesn’t mean we didn’t want him.

Before u say well we couldn’t have wanted him that much or else we would have offered him what he wanted 

remember we gave him and many many others what they wanted to join us .... and subsequently we can’t now 

Hence why we’re clearly moving in another direction with free signings and loans ... with the odd relatively low fee even having sold circa 10m of young talent 

Interesting you mentioning Bogle and Lowe. The fees for them essentially  equate to what season season ticket sales Would have brought in but didn’t. 

so in a sense what we are spending and doing now represents a “normal budget” in these strange times. 

23 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

That he could just about swallow, but when we refused to rename the club Chris Martin FC we lost the battle to keep him.

Nope that means we forced him to leave!

1 hour ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Unless we see Dursun shining out of Serdar's backside people will keep going on about it. I feel for the next striker we signed, he'll have 45 mins to prove he's good enough to replace Martin

true , but Cocu won't use him properly either, so people will keep going on about that as well.

2 hours ago, Dean Saunder’s hat trick said:

I imagine after 4 years of different managers sending him out on loan and not starting him he just fancied a new challenge and some consistent football tbh. Nowt like being bitter about a player fancying a change of scene is there? Don’t think you can really hold it against a player wanting the best financial deal available also when they’ve only a few years left before retirement and their income drops drastically. Reckon any of us would do the same. Martin is still a club legend in my eyes. 
But, each to there own and all hey?

G8 post. I couldn’t agree more. For whatever reason he lost form from Christmas onwards during 15/16, then Pearson shat on him, mac pi$$ed him about, Rowett and Frank shat on him also, then Phil gave him a cameo. Yes club legend in my eyes also. If he hadn’t got injured during the 14/15 campaign he’d have took us up. Arrr well good luck to him. 

2 hours ago, Dean Saunder’s hat trick said:

I imagine after 4 years of different managers sending him out on loan and not starting him he just fancied a new challenge and some consistent football tbh. Nowt like being bitter about a player fancying a change of scene is there? Don’t think you can really hold it against a player wanting the best financial deal available also when they’ve only a few years left before retirement and their income drops drastically. Reckon any of us would do the same. Martin is still a club legend in my eyes. 
But, each to there own and all hey?

You’ve missed the point totaly  , the post was / is a clear example of how easy and daft it is to pick a scenario and post it as if it’s fact when actually nobody knows apart from Martin , Derby and his agent , the guff that keeps getting posted on and on by the martinites holds no more water than what I posted ?

13 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Is he still with her? Some woman posted a pic on Instagram with him and it definitely wasn't his wife.

Which is a possible reason why he might have thought a change of area would be good for him.

We will never know, well not unless he writes an autobiography.

1 hour ago, reverendo de duivel said:

That he could just about swallow, but when we refused to rename the club Chris Martin FC 

Have we Not ?

Come on to check the Dursun latest to see we’ve descended down yet another ducking Martin rabbit hole. Jesus Christ, it’s boring. 

Can’t wait until we get murdered at lunch today so we can just talk about that. 

10 minutes ago, Srg said:

Come on to check the Dursun latest to see we’ve descended down yet another ducking Martin rabbit hole. Jesus Christ, it’s boring. 

Can’t wait until we get murdered at lunch today so we can just talk about that. 

you really are a little ray of sunshine this morning.......?

Why are we going to get murdered this lunchtime....have Norwich got Dennis Nielson, Fred West and John "acid bath" Haigh playing for them or summat? ?

1 minute ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

you really are a little ray of sunshine this morning.......?

Why are we going to get murdered this lunchtime....have Norwich got Dennis Nielson, Fred West and John "acid bath" Haigh playing for them or summat? ?

We could hope, at least then it would be over quicker. 

Archived