Serdar Dursun

DcFc Dyycheee

“Whether Serdar #Dursun remains at SV Darmstadt 98 is currently unclear. The English second division Derby County continues to dig hard on the Lilien striker. A transfer should still be difficult”.

The article basically translates to saying that Derby have made up to 3 bids for the player, with no agreement yet to be found.

Darmstadt would be looking for a replacement to be lined up before letting him go elsewhere. One that could go all the way to the deadline on Monday.

11 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

“Whether Serdar #Dursun remains at SV Darmstadt 98 is currently unclear. The English second division Derby County continues to dig hard on the Lilien striker. A transfer should still be difficult”.

The article basically translates to saying that Derby have made up to 3 bids for the player, with no agreement yet to be found.

Darmstadt would be looking for a replacement to be lined up before letting him go elsewhere. One that could go all the way to the deadline on Monday.

Cocu must rate him. Let's hope we can get it done!

8 minutes ago, Topram said:

Looks like no striker in for the weekend then 

Maybe it’s done and they’ll announce first thing? You never know. Can still announce Friday and him play Saturday. 
Deals can be done way before announcements, don’t conflate the two. With him following us and EFL today, I’d say this is pretty much done.

10 hours ago, Topram said:

Looks like no striker in for the weekend then 

After Cocu said a player should arrive early in the week, after it being glaringly obvious we have needed a striker for a long time, after Cocu taking our only fit striker off after 45 minutes, I'd consider it a huge disappointment if we werent able to field a new striker on Saturday.

The recruitment team have done well so far, a couple of gambles in Ibe and Duncan, but on the whole they have done well. The striker position is absolutely key however and as each game ticks by and each point goes begging, the fact we havent yet signed a replacement for Chris Martin renders the other signings as useless as without the striker, it's quite evident we cant set up as Cocu would like.

2 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

After Cocu said a player should arrive early in the week, after it being glaringly obvious we have needed a striker for a long time, after Cocu taking our only fit striker off after 45 minutes, I'd consider it a huge disappointment if we werent able to field a new striker on Saturday.

The recruitment team have done well so far, a couple of gambles in Ibe and Duncan, but on the whole they have done well. The striker position is absolutely key however and as each game ticks by and each point goes begging, the fact we havent yet signed a replacement for Chris Martin renders the other signings as useless as without the striker, it's quite evident we cant set up as Cocu would like.

Probably half a million quid short of an agreement. Hard times and we need to get good deals but also we need to get points. Is Serdar signable after Monday.

2 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Probably half a million quid short of an agreement. Hard times and we need to get good deals but also we need to get points. Is Serdar signable after Monday.

No. International incoming window closes on Monday 5th.

Outgoings can still happen overseas if that country window remains open. That in truth is very few countries.  More those whose season is slightly altered such as Norwich and Russia.

The deadline for European comps is the 6th hence the date of the 5th.

The difference this year is that there is, here anyway, a domestic window that runs until 16th October for EFL and PL clubs. So we can sign players from other EFL and PL clubs regardless of nationality as long as the player registration is already held in this country.

3 minutes ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

Outgoings can still happen overseas if that country window remains open. That in truth is very few countries.  More those whose season is slightly altered such as Norwich and Russia.

I knew Norwich was in the East but I didn't think it was quite that remote........

It's October now we are really taking our merry ducking time to bring a striker in, knowing Derby we will leave it until the deadline miss out on the European strikers then wait until Mid October and sign some donkey on loan to get someone in after not picking any points up by that point. 

1 minute ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

It's October now we are really taking our merry ducking time to bring a striker in, knowing Derby we will leave it until the deadline miss out on the European strikers then wait until Mid October and sign some donkey on loan to get someone in after not picking any points up by that point. 

I would far rather we took the extra fee weeks and got the right player or then a loan that got lumbered with a panic buy.

2 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I doubt we'd play a new striker so soon after signing - If we sign one ever today they wouldn't have had much time with the squad - I'd expect to see Marriott or Rooney up top on Saturday regardless

I also think we need to not being take for a ride - Have you watched the second season of the Sunderland docco and seen what happened with the Will Grigg transfer? Manager very clearly said he was good but but not at any price - Same with Dersun - If we feel like the amount they want for him is ridiculous then it's gonna go down as well as Grigg (or a closer to home example Sammon / Butterfield)

Finally (and the biggest one for me) the problems this season haven't been in the striker department - In consecutive games our midfield have failed to create any chances, our defence showed a lack of organisation and then our midfield were unable to provide any defensive cover - It's not like Marriott has missed a hatful of chances or tried hold up play and failed - We've barely got the ball close to him and had woeful defensive lapses - I'm not sure where the desperation for a striker comes from - Dude could score in every game and we'd still lose at the moment