Your next manager would be?

RYRAM

All the talk of Warne out. 

Who would be your next man in the hot seat? 

Also realistically if they are at a club the compo etc 

Who would come window shut work with what we have 

I know he gets a lot of stick from some clueless fans but I would have Gary Rowett back (he fell out with Mel Morris which is why he was forced to leave).

He did wonders at Millwall with a very low budget and got them to the play offs a few times. Not the most exciting style of football but effective and is currently without a club so would cost nothing in payoffs. He knows how to wheel and deal so could be a good fit in our current situation.

9 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I know it was a joke, but we can only dream of beating Blackburn, and scoring 6 goals in 2 games 

Well, them not being able to call on Szmodics might have made a difference. Also, if Warne had let a 3 goal lead slip against Cambridge, this place would have been, er, exactly like it is every f***ing day recently.

Ideally I'd want a progressive coach who would get us playing some football & develop a style that is scalable at higher echelons of Championship - Mark Warburton has always impressed me in that respect.

Realistically I think we're in a dogfight & given relegation is absolutely unthinkable, we may need to be pragmatic for a season or two until Academy products start to mature & our foreign investments start to yield big profits. The obvious choice is Gary Rowett, someone who built 2 very effective sides at Small Heath & Millwall with relatively low quality squads in the Championship, much the same situation we are in now. Yes, he was nominally in charge when Small Heath went down in May but that could hardly be pinned on him given how late he arrived & the mess he inherited.

In all honesty, think this thread is a bit premature though - Warne will get until mid-October at the earliest even if we lost the next 3 games.