David Clowes

8 hours ago, Kathcairns said:

Dont think MM ever sat in the north stand.  I heard he wasnt really into football till he got us  dont know how true that is though.

You are correct, Kathcairns, the word is that he allegedly knew absolutely nothing about football at all, although word is that he tried to carry an air of being keen on football.

33 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

Anything but David Clowes is one of our own

I think he knows what he means to the fans without any songs for him. Cant we just shout thankyou David Clowes at the end, prob seems a bit boring though to a lot of fans.

On 23/04/2024 at 10:23, Stive Pesley said:

dons his sunglasses disguise...

image.png.4d98ac12a95524270a8d888b7fc794d5.png

Anyone else notice how much this is playing out like Batman?!.. 

Batman-David Clowes-not the hero we wanted but the hero we needed

Robin-Paul Warne-gimpy sidekick who's clothes are a bit tight but seems to get the job done

2 face-Uncle Mel, lived long enough to become the villain and seemed to flip a coin on the clubs future

The Penguin-Curly Gibson, cos he's a fat little bamford who just needs to eff off

13 minutes ago, bimmerman said:

Anyone else notice how much this is playing out like Batman?!.. 

Batman-David Clowes-not the hero we wanted but the hero we needed

Robin-Paul Warne-gimpy sidekick who's clothes are a bit tight but seems to get the job done

2 face-Uncle Mel, lived long enough to become the villain and seemed to flip a coin on the clubs future

The Penguin-Curly Gibson, cos he's a fat little bamford who just needs to eff off

Not to mention Pride P'Arkham Asylum - full of lesser known villains such as the Poison Dwarf, the Snake, the Ostrich, the Slug and their many henchmen.

Edited by Rample

2 minutes ago, Rample said:

Not to mention Pride P'Arkham Asylum - full of lesser known villains such as the Poison Dwarf, the Snake, the Ostrich, the Slug and their many henchmen.

The joker-the efl-A complete psychopath with no moral compass whatsoever, the Joker, whose real name and identity remain completely unknown

Lifted straight from Google 

On 22/04/2024 at 18:21, DavesaRam said:

You are correct, Kathcairns, the word is that he allegedly knew absolutely nothing about football at all, although word is that he tried to carry an air of being keen on football.

Sorry, I've come into this conversation late. Are we talking about Brit Vegas again?

In fairness, I bet MM knew more than Maxwell.

Or Chris Kirchner.

32 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Sorry, I've come into this conversation late. Are we talking about Brit Vegas again?

In fairness, I bet MM knew more than Maxwell.

Or Chris Kirchner.

In Bris' defence, he had been saying for a while that Derby would get promoted this season.

What a way to get your first correct prediction in 14 years on the forum!

Being a football owner is the toughest gig but days like yesterday are probably priceless I imagine. It was lovely to see his joy, well deserved. Its a fickle business so a day to be cherished that noone can take away from him. I really am pleased this humble man got a little bit of the limelight on the day, as it was all his doing ultimately.