David Clowes

44 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Nothing reported , a mate of my works at the club and chats with DC on a regular basis . When I mentioned to them about the transfer  budget he said that there was likely to be a new partner to help with the finance.They  Mentioned a couple of other things that might happen if and when we get to the Prem but won’t mention those as they could likely be identified from it. No further info on who it could be or how much it could be worth. 

Cheers Reggie. Much obliged mate. 

The problem with David Clowes is I think he would cringe and be uncomfortable, if we started singing to him on any sort of regular basis.

Better show our appreciation through the tills at Pride Park.

Buy that programme you'll never read, that pint you don't enjoy, that season ticket you'll barely use etc etc. 

If everything is going our way Saturday, a quick burst of "ole, ole, ole, ole David Clowes, Clowes, Clowes", towards the end of the game probably wouldn't embarass him too much, mind.

11 hours ago, Boycie said:

I remember when everyone chanted that MM was one of our own.

But, Mr Clowes deserves his own credit too, invested in Derby when it wasn’t looking a good investment return to the premier league like MM did.

Well done David.

Dont think MM ever sat in the north stand.  I heard he wasnt really into football till he got us  dont know how true that is though.

We sang a David Clowes song in the south stand at the Leyton Orient match.

David Clowes my lord, David Clowes

Oh lord David Clowes.

Saved our club my lord, saved our club

Oh lord David Clowes. 

13 hours ago, Comrade 86 said:

Gadsby?

Only one I can think of 🤔😂

Clowes developments have just teamed up with Wavensmere Homes to develop Friar Gate Goods Yard (£75 million) and Wavensmere are developing the old DRI site (£175 million) so they are heavily invested in Derby. Could be putting two and two together to get five but I'd guess it's more likely than Gadsby.

13 hours ago, hintonsboots said:

Good shout, unfinished business maybe. Not sure re John Bloor and family and their interest in football ? Thread needed after the final game.

I think it's unlikely that John Bloor would amass several hundred million and then at the age of 80 start chucking it at a football club but you never know.

One of the next generation of Kirklands might want on to the board.

3 hours ago, NOTSA74 said:

Clowes developments have just teamed up with Wavensmere Homes to develop Friar Gate Goods Yard (£75 million) and Wavensmere are developing the old DRI site (£175 million) so they are heavily invested in Derby. Could be putting two and two together to get five but I'd guess it's more likely than Gadsby.

It'd be grand if it could be Derby lads (or lasses) retaining full ownership. I think part of football losing its way has been as a result of too many owners who treat clubs like toys for the billionaire boys club. Lose interest and your club that's been around over 100 years is all of a sudden teetering on the edge.

I see Gadsby and even more so, our own David Clowes, as custodian types, as much as owners. Clowes' prime interest was and I think will likely always remain, the longevity and sustainability of the Derby County Football Club. In all honesty, I'm fine with that, though I suspect many won't be.

@Boycie has reminded us that Morris was popular and regarded as 'one of our own' prior to dumping us into admin and he's right. I was very much taken in myself. That said, I can't see any similarities other than their Rams ownership at all. The two men are worlds apart in everything from actions to demeanour. I think it's already safe to assume that Clowes is the owner we needed, arriving precisely when we most needed him to. 

2 hours ago, Comrade 86 said:

It'd be grand if it could be Derby lads (or lasses) retaining full ownership. I think part of football losing its way has been as a result of too many owners who treat clubs like toys for the billionaire boys club. Lose interest and your club that's been around over 100 years is all of a sudden teetering on the edge.

I see Gadsby and even more so, our own David Clowes, as custodian types, as much as owners. Clowes' prime interest was and I think will likely always remain, the longevity and sustainability of the Derby County Football Club. In all honesty, I'm fine with that, though I suspect many won't be.

@Boycie has reminded us that Morris was popular and regarded as 'one of our own' prior to dumping us into admin and he's right. I was very much taken in myself. That said, I can't see any similarities other than their Rams ownership at all. The two men are worlds apart in everything from actions to demeanour. I think it's already safe to assume that Clowes is the owner we needed, arriving precisely when we most needed him to. 

Yep ,, I was taken in by M M too, hugely different situation for clowes becoming our owner 

7 hours ago, Kathcairns said:

Dont think MM ever sat in the north stand.  I heard he wasnt really into football till he got us  dont know how true that is though.

I think it was Brailsford Ram who used to say MM wasn’t really a football man. I think he went to school with him or something.  Brailsford Ram doesn’t post any more.  Shame, I used to like reading them.

6 hours ago, ossieram said:

We sang a David Clowes song in the south stand at the Leyton Orient match.

Oh lord David Clowes.

Oh lord David Clowes. 

Brilliant.  I don’t remember hearing it but it will now be my ear worm for the rest of the week.

19 hours ago, Rev said:

The problem with David Clowes is I think he would cringe and be uncomfortable, if we started singing to him on any sort of regular basis.

Better show our appreciation through the tills at Pride Park.

Buy that programme you'll never read, that pint you don't enjoy, that season ticket you'll barely use etc etc. 

If everything is going our way Saturday, a quick burst of "ole, ole, ole, ole David Clowes, Clowes, Clowes", towards the end of the game probably wouldn't embarass him too much, mind.

Has he ever said he'd dislike it? I know he's not one to seek publicity, but that doesn't necessarily mean he'd hate a song. Correct me if I'm wrong, but just never seen anything myself that would suggest that.