David Clowes

Couldn’t find a standalone Clowes thread, so started this one. As someone who was very much in the Warne Out camp and thought Clowes was making a mistake for keeping him on, I have to hold my hands up and say he was bang on to hold his nerve and not be swayed by an increasing amount of hostility.

I still have my thoughts on how the club should be run differently, but we can save those for another day. I may have missed it, but this man needs a proper song ASAP.

🙏🏻 agreed. We are on the verge of being promoted. And another step closer to the prem. We were so close to there not being a DCFC anymore, only for David to save us. He deserves the credit and all the sentiment he gets. We should have a song for him of course. And we should all be eternally grateful for his sacrifice. He deserves this more than anyone 

18 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Surely we're creative enough to choose a different tune🤣@therams69 work your magic

His name is David, Mr David Clowes

He bought the Derby

When he sold his thousandth house 

Da da da da da da etc

5 hours ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Talk of a partner joining David Clowes next season to provide extra financial backing. Don’t know anything further or who. 

Has it been reported Reggie? Had a quick peep but can't find anything to confirm or deny.

As @Kathcairns says, it'd be grand if DC has found a kindred spirit with deep pockets though, as funding a Championship season off his own back, with a major re-build of the playing roster to bankroll, may be a step too far for the Clowes family alone. Irrespective, it's always a nice dream to muse on over the summer break.

20 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

Has it been reported Reggie? Had a quick peep but can't find anything to confirm or deny.

As @Kathcairns says, it'd be grand if DC has found a kindred spirit with deep pockets though, as funding a Championship season off his own back, with a major re-build of the playing roster to bankroll, may be a step too far for the Clowes family alone. Irrespective, it's always a nice dream to muse on over the summer break.

Nothing reported , a mate of my works at the club and chats with DC on a regular basis . When I mentioned to them about the transfer  budget he said that there was likely to be a new partner to help with the finance.They  Mentioned a couple of other things that might happen if and when we get to the Prem but won’t mention those as they could likely be identified from it. No further info on who it could be or how much it could be worth. 

Edited by Reggie Greenwood
removed a bit to hide the identity