No replays in the FA Cup from the First Round.

Next season there will be no replays in the FA Cup from the First round onwards. Potentially financially devastating for non- league and poorly supported league clubs not being able to earn that money earning replay at a large club that could potentially keep it alive or bankroll it for a couple of seasons. 
Very poor from the FA in my opinion .

24 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Next season there will be no replays in the FA Cup from the First round onwards. Potentially financially devastating for non- league and poorly supported league clubs not being able to earn that money earning replay at a large club that could potentially keep it alive or bankroll it for a couple of seasons. 
Very poor from the FA in my opinion .

But we have too deal with the massive fixture backlog for all those teams in Europe playing home and away against some team who won the Cypriot cup, or 20 games to win the Champions league they qualified for by finishing 4th.  Don't forget the 4 preseason games going to Saudi to play against Al Hilal and some other randoms as well.  Rochdale can feck right off with their 200k extra gate money.

3 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

The devaluing of the cup competitions has been a long standing project of the rich clubs who don't want to lower themselves to having to play football matches against randomly drawn teams who are likely from lower down the pecking order.

It's been further devalued by VAR at some games and not at others.  

2 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Not surprising, given how cup match crowds have fallen in recent years.

I do apportion a lot of that to say West Ham or Villa, more so the top end clubs, putting out such weak sides against others in the first few rounds, particularly the League cup.  The pull factor is greatly reduced from the get go.

The sooner the European Super League happens, the better. Maybe we'd get a competitive league, and winning the FA Cup or League Cup might mean something.

Or the value of the whole EFL would crumble without the 'Big Six'...

Money ruins everything...I wish I had more of it.

If the PL don't want replays, perhaps they can agree to forfeit the right to progress in the competition if they don't win the tie. Win and you're through, lose or draw and the non-PL team progresses - if two PL teams play each other they can toss a coin for all I care.....(which is an appropriate method given that this decision has shown them to be a bunch of tossers)....

1 minute ago, Gaspode said:

If the PL don't want replays, perhaps they can agree to forfeit the right to progress in the competition if they don't win the tie. Win and you're through, lose or draw and the non-PL team progresses - if two PL teams play each other they can toss a coin for all I care.....(which is an appropriate method given that this decision has shown them to be a bunch of tossers)....

They don't want their 30 million pound players getting carved up on a ploughed field greatly increasing the chance of shock results and draws.  I'd bet my arse that the next gambit will be we don't want you too financially miss out, so we'll pay a fee and you can come directly to our crown green bowling lawn for a one of game pretty much guaranteeing a piss easy progression for a couple of rounds.

Change the League Cup to teams that aren't playing in a European competition that season. You qualify for Europe by winning it, so will give more varied winners, more fans a chance to see their team win a trophy, fewer games for the big boys.

I think it's pretty poor that the EFL and all clubs were just ignored, why do the FA think that only PL clubs should decide how it's organised, especially in rounds where PL clubs don't even enter. If there was a vote for Derby to boycott it, I'd support it.

The obvious solution to the FA Cup is simple. 

Prior to kick-off, ask teams whether they want a one-off game or the possibility of a replay.

A one-off game can only ensue if the decision is unanimous in favor of a one-off game.

Most PL and Championship teams will favor one-off games so you will get plenty of all PL one-off ties but it gives the smaller clubs a bigger chance of a payday.