RamsTV next season

Kernow

3 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

So that was the part of the brilliant new rights deal that the EFL negotiated that got the price up a tiny percentage was it.

It's a good job ramstv has such a loyal international viewership.

If they don't show it at all, there will be no 'international' coverage.

3 minutes ago, sage said:

If they don't show it at all, there will be no 'international' coverage.

They can offer international coverage, so I guess it depends on the numbers if it's worthwhile. If it's not profitable they may cut it which is a huge shame as ramstv is pretty good.

I'm pretty sure they'll still have the radio Derby coverage.

This is not a step forward at all, it stifles competition and turns it into a closed shop for the benefit of Sky. Shame on the EFL for signing such a deal. and shame on the clubs for agreeing to it also.

I will continue to subscribe to Rams TV, my overseas trips currently cost me £5 per month 🙂 Will sky be showing all matches live like Rams TV does? I doubt it! I won't give my money to Sky TV on principle.

All fans should boycott Sky TV, they are destroying football in my opinion.

Edited by Simmo’s left foot

15 minutes ago, Simmo’s left foot said:

This is not a step forward at all, it stifles competition and turns it into a closed shop for the benefit of Sky. Shame on the EFL for signing such a deal. and shame on the clubs for agreeing to it also.

I will continue to subscribe to Rams TV, my overseas trips currently cost me £5 per month 🙂 Will sky be showing all matches live like Rams TV does? I doubt it! I won't give my money to Sky TV on principle.

All fans should boycott Sky TV, they are destroying football in my opinion.

Is that 2 or 3 trips, with return tickets? I'm paying £20 a month to watch the games over here in Spain. At a 5er I'd be better going over to watch a few games.

Not be long before every man and his dog are on the dodgy sticks. 

Sky, the premier league and the EFL could see illegal streaming as a symptom of what they have created and try to proactively meet fans halfway and come up with a solution that doesn’t harm the pyramid but allows for clubs to still stream. 

Instead they treat illegal streaming as a problem in its own right. 

An example of an idea which will have its obvious flaws but gets a conversation started:

Clubs can stream to fans who have a paid membership. This membership allows fans access to purchasing the stream for a match. 

Membership fees go into a pool to be redistributed across the football pyramid.

Clubs earn their revenue from the sale of the stream not the membership. 

27 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Sky, the premier league and the EFL could see illegal streaming as a symptom of what they have created and try to proactively meet fans halfway and come up with a solution that doesn’t harm the pyramid but allows for clubs to still stream. 

An example of an idea which will have its obvious flaws but gets a conversation started:

Clubs can stream to fans who have a paid membership. This membership allows fans access to purchasing the stream for a match. 

Exactly, am genuinely happy to pay £10 to stream a game when option is available. Is not an option though so can go the vpn route, or a dodgy box.

personally think efl and premier league are nervous of going this route as eventually will be clubs selling direct to fans rather than a package. Man Utd season ticket rather than premier league for example. Makes Sky almost redundant at some point. And then the gap between big and small clubs grows massively and exponentially.

2 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

Agreed with all of that. The illegal streaming is a symptom. It's not like sky is a cheap option.

I wonder if below prem level, it's not that it's even worth it to sky to put on the EFL games, they purely want to have the rights as a device to steer consumers of football content towards the main premier League stuff.

Edited by RadioactiveWaste

2 hours ago, Rich3478 said:

Exactly, am genuinely happy to pay £10 to stream a game when option is available. Is not an option though so can go the vpn route, or a dodgy box.

personally think efl and premier league are nervous of going this route as eventually will be clubs selling direct to fans rather than a package. Man Utd season ticket rather than premier league for example. Makes Sky almost redundant at some point. And then the gap between big and small clubs grows massively and exponentially.

They could change the rules so the club keep a fixed percentage and the rest goes into a shared pot

pinched from the EFL site.

CHANGES TO CURRENT WAYS OF WATCHING 

Will matches still be available to watch via iFollow, or Clubs’ alternative streaming services?

From the 2024/25 season onward, this new deal with Sky Sports will effectively replace the EFL’s domestic video streaming option provided via iFollow and club streaming services

Audio services will remain alongside existing audio-visual arrangements for international audiences.

PRODUCTION VALUES

So will Sky Sports OTT mean single camera production like iFollow? 

The EFL and Sky Sports will continue to work together to innovate, seeking opportunities to improve coverage and take viewers closer to the action

The EFL will be investing significantly in production infrastructure to enhance the viewing experience.

Sky Sports will have a minimum of eight cameras for each game broadcast on existing channels

A minimum of four cameras will be used at Championship and League One matches, and a minimum of two cameras in League Two

For matches available to stream, Sky Sports commentary will also be provided

Wonder what Owen Bradley makes of all this?

More to the point, does this deal penalise the lower league clubs with big paying TV fanbases.

For example, if it was this season, I assume that Derby & Cheltenham would get the same amount per season , but of course would no longer receive the extra income from paying TV viewers. I assume that Derby currently receive a decent income from matchday viewers, certainly a lot more than most League One clubs, and that will be neutralised.

Plus, there will be some who don't bother with a season ticket as so many games will be televised