RamsTV next season

Kernow

Just had a thought with this, but I presume the 1000 games includes the ‘red button’ midweek games for the championship?

Id presume for UK watchers, if we were in League 1 we might still be able to watch on RamsTV in the week, but if we got promoted then Sky have the rights to those games? Can’t remember if this was the case a couple of seasons back or whether you could choose between sky and RamsTV, but yeah I don’t think you’ll see too many changes to what there is now tbh.

2 hours ago, TuffLuff said:

Just had a thought with this, but I presume the 1000 games includes the ‘red button’ midweek games for the championship?

Id presume for UK watchers, if we were in League 1 we might still be able to watch on RamsTV in the week, but if we got promoted then Sky have the rights to those games? Can’t remember if this was the case a couple of seasons back or whether you could choose between sky and RamsTV, but yeah I don’t think you’ll see too many changes to what there is now tbh.

That’s a good point.  With Sky now taking over the broadcasting rights in the UK across the EFL, maybe the red button will also cover L1 and L2 for midweek games?

On 13/04/2024 at 09:02, CBRammette said:

They dont give a 💩about fans who actually go to games and want to support club with a season ticket.  If you work normal full-time working week and travel couple of hours to games any mon- fri evening matches are challenging not just trying to switch hours but extra traffic, higher train fares etc. Same for those on shift patterns sorted in advance of sky cut-off to rearrange matches when they cant change shifts later.
Still undecided re renewing next year entirely due to this deal nothing else. Its a lot of money if you just cant go to a lot of matches

Yeah I am renewing but the lads I go with travel a fair distance and as a result often miss non Saturday games as they can't make it after work.   After a season of this I could see them questioning whether it's worth renewing again - and if they didn't I doubt I'd want to go on my own.   

My son is similar in that he works shifts so if it's not a 3pm saturday ko he often misses out - if he's missing 50% of the games why buy a season ticket? 

Thinking about it i could just share a ticket with him and go when he can't.   I don't want to pay match by match as prices are silly 

Edited by trappatoni

34 minutes ago, trappatoni said:

Yeah I am renewing but the lads I go with travel a fair distance and as a result often miss non Saturday games as they can't make it after work.   After a season of this I could see them questioning whether it's worth renewing again - and if they didn't I doubt I'd want to go on my own.   

My son is similar in that he works shifts so if it's not a 3pm saturday ko he often misses out - if he's missing 50% of the games why buy a season ticket? 

Thinking about it i could just share a ticket with him and go when he can't.   I don't want to pay match by match as prices are silly 

Yep and cant sit with who or where you want, have to remember to buy tickets, etc. Next year we are going to have 3 not this year's 4 hoping 3 of us can make most games and my son is off to uni

On 16/04/2024 at 21:26, FlyBritishMidland said:

That’s a good point.  With Sky now taking over the broadcasting rights in the UK across the EFL, maybe the red button will also cover L1 and L2 for midweek games?

I think the idea is that they'll be online/through NowTV/SkyQ and I think it is going to include L1/L2 games.

What will probably happen is that currently at Saturday lunchtime there is a choice of either premier league on TNT or 1 championship game on sky. What'll happen is that you'll be left for a choice of a premier league game on TNT or a choice of a few EFL games on at lunchtime and there will be a few on in the evening. I believe this will be incredibly unpopular. Don't understand why they don't just leave the games on at 3PM and let you watch them on TV. It's evident so many people watch the games through other means at 3PM so why not just show them? I think people go out to the games for a day out and the atmosphere not because they can't watch them on TV.

As an expat, it looks like I'll still be paying my 20 quid a month for RamsTV and also still get back for around 8 games next season. I'd do more but finances dictate otherwise. I'd never dream of using a dodgy stick for a Rams game. Can't say I'm as honest when it comes to things I can't get over here, things I'm not even allowed to pay for like UK Sky or TNT or ITV, Channel 4 enz.

10 hours ago, CBX1985 said:

Play Man City at home: full house.

Play Morecambe at home: 6,000.  

It’s not been great sitting through all the home losses in the cups this season , but the club is desperate for income as we are losing money . Dodgy sticks don’t help either.

On 13/04/2024 at 09:02, CBRammette said:

They dont give a 💩about fans who actually go to games and want to support club with a season ticket.  If you work normal full-time working week and travel couple of hours to games any mon- fri evening matches are challenging not just trying to switch hours but extra traffic, higher train fares etc. Same for those on shift patterns sorted in advance of sky cut-off to rearrange matches when they cant change shifts later.
Still undecided re renewing next year entirely due to this deal nothing else. Its a lot of money if you just cant go to a lot of matches

Cos I can only really do Saturday games I've decided not to renew, gutted to lose my seat after so many seasons but I can't justify spending all that money on what could turn out to be a dozen games, would work out at £40 a game!! I'll still go but pick up individual match tickets at £24-£29 and some aways.