RamsTV next season

Kernow

And don't forget, I believe that every weekend 5 Championship games will be shown live and 5 from the combined Leagues One & Two

That'll be Friday night, Saturday lunch & evening, Sunday afternoon & Monday nights.

Brilliant !?!?!

Dare to say it but if we don't get promoted this season just imagine how many Derby games will be chosen for live weekend coverage next season

Edited by SamUltraRam

59 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

They could change the rules so the club keep a fixed percentage and the rest goes into a shared pot

Yeah is something that needs to be done, hard to get big clubs to agree though. Think Spanish clubs sell their own rights. Is billions up for grabs, the status quo are going to try and protect their stake. The future of English football not really entering into their thinking at all.

Presume this is what’s driving the independent regulator idea, letting the clubs/businesses govern themselves is unethical and immoral at best. Parachute payments will never go as an example, the other 14 clubs in the prem giving themselves a safety net and best chance to return.

8 minutes ago, SamUltraRam said:

And don't forget, I believe that every weekend 5 Championship games will be shown live and 5 from the combined Leagues One & Two

That'll be Friday night, Saturday lunch & evening, Sunday afternoon & Monday nights.

Brilliant !?!?!

Dare to say it but if we don't get promoted this season just imagine how many Derby games will be chosen for live weekend coverage next season

Yeah would think us and Wrexham be on most weeks.

even if promoted is almost a 50/50 chance you’ll be on sky that weekend.

9 minutes ago, SamUltraRam said:

Brilliant !?!?!

………..plus.

All opening, final day, and midweek fixtures in the Sky Bet EFL will be shown live, as will all games played on Bank Holidays including Easter, Boxing Day and New Year's Day alongside the matches played in Sky Bet League One and League Two during international breaks.

7 minutes ago, SamUltraRam said:

Brilliant !?!?!

Whichever the case is, we'll be changing our KO times on a regular basis. In the Championship 10 teams will be affected every weekend, that's almost half the division, so every other weekend. In Lg 1, it'll be 6 to 8 teams affected every weekend, if we stay down, we'll be affected most weekends.

Sky TV is f****** s***.

It’s ruined the game as we know it. The benefit goes to parasitic agents, for reasons I have never understood (why don’t the players pay them - why the clubs?) and players exorbitant wages whilst those of us who actually go to the matches are merely ignored and inconvenienced at the whim of a TV schedule. 

Football is nothing without the fans they all said during Covid. What a load of s*** that was. Sky TV can f*** right off as far as I am concerned. 

2 minutes ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

………..plus.

All opening, final day, and midweek fixtures in the Sky Bet EFL will be shown live, as will all games played on Bank Holidays including Easter, Boxing Day and New Year's Day alongside the matches played in Sky Bet League One and League Two during international breaks.

Wow that's just bat sh!t crazy, Folks will be thinking shall I buy another ST when I already pay for Sky 😬

If derby get promoted I would expect 75% of our games to be on TV or streamed next season under this deal. 

I hope rams tv continues next season as it is but if there's no domestic streaming wouldn't be surprised if it's cut down a bit.

The EFL completely bottled it with this deal.

I would say though that piracy (dodgy firesticks and the like) probably help lead to this outcome. If they were responsible for their own revenue the risk is just very high that people use that over paying for an EFL product.

I think they could have partnered with Amazon or YouTube and got them broadcasted on their platforms that people were familiar with.

They probably thought that they didn't want an ITV Digital style collapse either that puts them all at risk.

5 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Agreed with all of that. The illegal streaming is a symptom. It's not like sky is a cheap option.

I wonder if below prem level, it's not that it's even worth it to sky to put on the EFL games, they purely want to have the rights as a device to steer consumers of football content towards the main premier League stuff.

Yes I agree with that. Very few neutral supporters even want to watch PL games outside the 'elite' clubs (Man$hity, Manure, Ar$enal, Liverpool, Spurs, Newca$tle) never mind Ch'ship or below. It's just a case of Sky hoovering up the left overs. 

I think it's a good move, commercially. The EFL have long been unable to market their own product adequately and this amount of coverage can only be good for the league. The more coverage the EFL can get on their product the more it will grow, because it's a very good product in it's own right which is why I really dislike the hat in hand approach to the Premier League. 

Realistically, the amount of coverage around the top 6 is driving more and more young people in their direction so the only way to combat it is to sell the soul to the proverbial devil and get content under the noses of people.

4 hours ago, GeneralRam said:

Everyone has been using a dodgy box for years now anyway…. Makes no difference.

Dodgy boxes pick up Rams TV international or ifollow broadcasts, if there aren't any there's nothing to pick up other than the games Sky are covering

14 hours ago, ram59 said:

Whichever the case is, we'll be changing our KO times on a regular basis. In the Championship 10 teams will be affected every weekend, that's almost half the division, so every other weekend. In Lg 1, it'll be 6 to 8 teams affected every weekend, if we stay down, we'll be affected most weekends.

They dont give a 💩about fans who actually go to games and want to support club with a season ticket.  If you work normal full-time working week and travel couple of hours to games any mon- fri evening matches are challenging not just trying to switch hours but extra traffic, higher train fares etc. Same for those on shift patterns sorted in advance of sky cut-off to rearrange matches when they cant change shifts later.
Still undecided re renewing next year entirely due to this deal nothing else. Its a lot of money if you just cant go to a lot of matches