Pro Warne

Jram

12 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Personally I’m still in the pro-Warne camp.

We will win 3-0 on Tuesday and the fans will be singing Warne’s name for the right reasons again.

Whilst I think that is still a possibility, how many believe in the long-term with Paul Warne? How many now believe in where he seems to be heading the squad and Club?

30 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Whilst I think that is still a possibility, how many believe in the long-term with Paul Warne? How many now believe in where he seems to be heading the squad and Club?

This is what it boils down to.  If results were mixed but there were signs of a plan, a project, some sort of identity for the clubs style long term, then I think you’d have more fans on his side.  I see no sign of it, nobody wants to turn up week in week out for us to create 1-2 chances the entire game and maybe score one of those if we’re lucky.

I also don’t buy this “we’re just not taking our chances” - I know not everyone agrees with xG but we have an xG of 1.32 per game and we’ve scored 1.5 per game so we’re scoring more than our expected goals.  We’re not missing great chances, we’re just not creating them.  We’re led to believe we are and then we focus on the one or two chances we missed and think that’s the problem.  Every team misses chances but the good teams create enough to convert them.  We create very little.  No team has a 100% conversation rate on chances.  We simply do not create anywhere near enough and it shows because barely anything happens to get fans off their seat.  Football is an entertainment business and we’re not being entertained.

I wen’t off on a tangent there but in short, there’s little excitement and mixed results.  Unbeaten in the 5 previous league games sounds good, but we only won 2 of them so that’s now 2 wins in 7 league games, that’s poor by anyone’s standards.

Not been in the play offs positions so far this season. Yes, it’s still early on the season but there’s been no progression since he came. His interviews gives me the impression that he’s very good at cricket as he loves batting every question away. The sooner the dinosaur is out of the club as well as Pearce then we can move forward. 

I’m not saying I’m pro or anti Warne, but yesterday was a 3rd division side beating another 3rd division side on their own turf. I don’t subscribe to the ‘we should be beating these teams’ view either. Why? We’re a recent train wreck without a pot to pee in. Aging, injury prone players who I’m sure Warne doesn’t instruct to play wayward passes or squander chances. 
Warne was appointed on his recent successes, which a lot of people are given jobs for in any industry. 

23 minutes ago, JohnoDCFC said:

Not been in the play offs positions so far this season. Yes, it’s still early on the season but there’s been no progression since he came. His interviews gives me the impression that he’s very good at cricket as he loves batting every question away. The sooner the dinosaur is out of the club as well as Pearce then we can move forward. 

Dinosaur? Has Warnock been appointed already? 😀

I can think of many things to call PW but dinosaur isn’t one of them. Also, what has Pearce got to do with anything? If you’re alluding to his time under Mel’s tenure, this has been discussed at length and I think most accept that if DC feels he’s worthy of keeping on we should respect that decision. It seems odd to lash out at him right now.

6 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

I’m not saying I’m pro or anti Warne, but yesterday was a 3rd division side beating another 3rd division side on their own turf. I don’t subscribe to the ‘we should be beating these teams’ view either. Why? We’re a recent train wreck without a pot to pee in. Aging, injury prone players who I’m sure Warne doesn’t instruct to play wayward passes or squander chances. 
Warne was appointed on his recent successes, which a lot of people are given jobs for in any industry. 

Problem is though that we have a lot of players that proven at championship level, Bird, Sibley, Hourihane, Cashin, Nelson, Elder, Smith, Waghorn, Barks, Laing, Forsyth, Bradley, Washington, Thompson, Nyambe. 

I’m not saying we should be winning every game but we should be looking far more competitive then we currently are. 

I would be delighted to be Pro Warne. But since we beat Morecambe 5-0 at the start of February we have lost 11 out of 30. And thats with a full pre season and transfer summer sandwiched in between!! I dont see any improvements...I dont see any shape or pattern of play. Its the most bored ive been watching Derby. Take away Peterborough and Blackpool away and its been absolutely dreadful. Beating Exeter wont do anything for me because i know theres a lacklustre performance just round the corner. 

47 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I can think of many things to call PW but dinosaur isn’t one of them. Also, what has Pearce got to do with anything? If you’re alluding to his time under Mel’s tenure, this has been discussed at length and I think most accept that if DC feels he’s worthy of keeping on we should respect that decision. It seems odd to lash out at him right now.

How is Warnock a dinosaur? 

His teams have all played in different ways, to suit the players at his disposal. Dinosaurs don't make Adel Taarabt the centrepiece of a championship promotion winning team, I'd suggest as one example.

Equally, what makes you state PW isn't a dinosaur so assuredly? 

I see no evidence in his years work so far that he's a modern, progressive tactical coach capable of outthinking his opponents.

Bypass midfield, hit the channels, get crosses in, win second balls, score, seems to be the extent of his  coaching so far.

If you think a why wall, mugs for scoring, pestering players via WhatsApp etc make Warne a modern man, they're just variations of tools managers old and new use to motivate.

52 minutes ago, DazzaRam said:

I would be delighted to be Pro Warne. But since we beat Morecambe 5-0 at the start of February we have lost 11 out of 30. And thats with a full pre season and transfer summer sandwiched in between!! I dont see any improvements...I dont see any shape or pattern of play. Its the most bored ive been watching Derby. Take away Peterborough and Blackpool away and its been absolutely dreadful. Beating Exeter wont do anything for me because i know theres a lacklustre performance just round the corner. 

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

Pearce holds the purse strings. Did you not listen to the radio Derby interview? Warne hinting he hadn't been given what was promised. 

46 minutes ago, Rev said:

How is Warnock a dinosaur? 

His teams have all played in different ways, to suit the players at his disposal. Dinosaurs don't make Adel Taarabt the centrepiece of a championship promotion winning team, I'd suggest as one example.

Equally, what makes you state PW isn't a dinosaur so assuredly? 

I see no evidence in his years work so far that he's a modern, progressive tactical coach capable of outthinking his opponents.

Bypass midfield, hit the channels, get crosses in, win second balls, score, seems to be the extent of his  coaching so far.

If you think a why wall, mugs for scoring, pestering players via WhatsApp etc make Warne a modern man, they're just variations of tools managers old and new use to motivate.

Well the comment about Warnock was a joke in bad taste because of his age and I apologise for any offence it may have caused. 

As for Taarabt, he was a talented “resource” available to Warnock upon his arrival at. Who is to say any manager taking over at QPR at the time wouldn’t have done exactly the same?

Regarding Warne, we may not like the way he operates, we may not think he’s the right manager for Derby but of all the less than complimentary things we might say about him, describing him as a dinosaur wouldn’t be on my list and this is the first time I’ve heard him called one by even his most ardent critics on this site.

To clarify, my comments weren’t intended as a defence of PW (if that’s what has upset you). I was found it odd to describe him as a dinosaur of all things.

Edited by Tamworthram

15 minutes ago, winktheram said:

Pearce holds the purse strings. Did you not listen to the radio Derby interview? Warne hinting he hadn't been given what was promised. 

You mean trying the manage the clubs finances reasonably within its means rather than splashing the cash? I must confess I haven’t heard the radio Derby interview to which you refer. What exactly did he say to indicate he had been promised money that was not forthcoming? (Genuine question )

5 hours ago, TINMANTED said:

seeing Curtis Nelson launch every throw in into the box made me think “is this all we have got?” 

i thought it quite comical taking the tallest player out of the box to put a long throw into collins and co

That saved me a post. They aren't even particularly long throws, they barely reach the 6 yard area.

9 hours ago, Jram said:

Anyone else still willing to give this time? Don’t seem to be many on the forum.

I don’t think we’ve been that bad (albeit I wasn’t there yesterday). Sounded like we had some good spells in the game though and we’ve had some brilliant performances (Peterborough, Blackpool)

Big squad turnover in the summer so willing to give it chance to come together. We’ve had some bad luck with injuries and decisions which will hopefully turn. 

I think some of the anti-warne sentiment is the immediate anger of losing to so-called lesser clubs but, unfortunately, we were always going to lose games across a 46 game season so no need to panic 

the-sound-of-silence-simon-and-garfunkel