Pro Warne

Jram

3 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

What actual evidence do you have that it won’t get better? Neither of us can dip into the future and see.

When you look at how we started the season, we lost two of our first three league games. Since then, we have won four and lost two in nine. We’re recovering, albeit slowly.

Saturday was our first loss in any competition since the beginning of September. The way some are carrying on, you would think we’d lost 10 in 12.

Our current form simply suggests that we’re recovering from a poor start, but that recovery is not yet complete for several reasons - injuries, inconsistencies amongst players, some poor decisions by the manager, a lack of cohesion, a lack of luck in some cases. Obviously we haven’t clicked as quickly as many would have liked, surely including Warne himself.

We can all see performances haven’t been good enough in the main, but it’s a long season and you don’t have to be the finished article in October, November or even January. I would be worried if we were in this position in April and time was running out.

As it is, we have 34 games to play and there is so much life left in the season. There’s no need for so much catastrophic thinking, especially when a team can click very suddenly and often in spite of any evidence pointing to it, and then they look a completely different prospect playing with confidence and belief and riding momentum.

The current standard of football is the most horrendous I've seen bar the games at the tail end of 07/08 in 40 years.  I consider this worse on a par however, as the opposition is average to horrific and any kind of management brain in planning and during a game would see these players rack up points.  Never have I offered my nephews a chance to watch Derby and they don't want to go anymore.  They won't be the only ones.  With so many other entertainment options on the market nowadays, you can't afford to keep serving up s**** turgid football and expect teenagers to keep going regardless.  This blokes rancid excuse for football will cost the club millions in lost revenue over coming seasons as youngsters switch off and pick up other habits.  It's boring as hell, frustrating as hell and an appalling watch.  In the 3rd division.  Watching his 'gas out' bollox is like sandpapering your eyeballs.

18 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

What actual evidence do you have that it won’t get better? Neither of us can dip into the future and see.

When you look at how we started the season, we lost two of our first three league games. Since then, we have won four and lost two in nine. We’re recovering, albeit slowly.

Saturday was our first loss in any competition since the beginning of September. The way some are carrying on, you would think we’d lost 10 in 12.

Our current form simply suggests that we’re recovering from a poor start, but that recovery is not yet complete for several reasons - injuries, inconsistencies amongst players, some poor decisions by the manager, a lack of cohesion, a lack of luck in some cases. Obviously we haven’t clicked as quickly as many would have liked, surely including Warne himself.

We can all see performances haven’t been good enough in the main, but it’s a long season and you don’t have to be the finished article in October, November or even January. I would be worried if we were in this position in April and time was running out.

As it is, we have 34 games to play and there is so much life left in the season. There’s no need for so much catastrophic thinking, especially when a team can click very suddenly and often in spite of any evidence pointing to it, and then they look a completely different prospect playing with confidence and belief and riding momentum.

Jourdan, I respect your positivity, but it's very hard to see. 

If we're honest, people aren't just negative about the results, it's about the football. It's dull as dishwater and it isn't improving and is arguably looking worse every week. We're not losing that many, but we just seem unable to click in a way that would generate a long run, and there isn't one thing we do that I would consider promotion worthy. We're average and meh at plenty, which makes us an ok side but that's it. 

Do you genuinely believe we're better than last year? I don't. I think we're very comparable to that 7th place side, and that's the issue. We should have taken strides forward and we evidently haven't. 

Maybe I'm wrong, but the atmosphere has now turned, and it's very unlikely for a manager to turn it around once that has begun to set in. I can't see Warne lasting November. 

3 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

We found him ladies and gentlemen. The one remaining pro Warne Derby fan.

Does this mean you are David Clowes himself?

I doubt than any of us are happy with the current situation. I might be a waivering member of the Warne happy clapper brigade but I will be shouting for the Rams on Tuesday. I wish I was convinced that you are not hoping for an Exeter win. I hope that I am wrong.

2 hours ago, Jourdan said:

You haven't actually given any evidence there that warne can turn this around.

since losing 2 of the first 3 games, we've won 4 out of 9. In other words less than half. 

Saying our first loss since the beginning of September is just you trying to make it sound better than it is. We only had 5 games without defeat. And 2 of them were the pathetic draws against Cambridge utd and Cheltenham town!

You say our current form suggests we're recovering from a poor start. No it doesn't, it suggests we're carrying on from where we finished last season, if not getting gradually worse.

Yes it is a long season, but pretty soon it'll be over for us. We're already 12 points behind Portsmouth after only 12 games.

You are aware that Plymouth, Sheff Wed, Ipswich barely dropped any points from January onwards last season? By the time we sort ourselves out we could be 20+ points behind. So how do you expect us to make up that ground. 

9 hours ago, Eatonram said:

I’m pro Warne. You speak for no one but yourself. Arrogant or what. 

What has kept you pro Warne? Is it genuinely anything he is doing or is it not wanting to chop and change managers? 

7 hours ago, Jourdan said:

We’ve had 13 months where it feels as though it’s gone backwards. Since February it’s been awful. That’s quite a significant chunk of time to base it on? 

7 hours ago, Yoxoram said:

I doubt than any of us are happy with the current situation. I might be a waivering member of the Warne happy clapper brigade but I will be shouting for the Rams on Tuesday. I wish I was convinced that you are not hoping for an Exeter win. I hope that I am wrong.

I’ve gone from pro-Warne to not bothered if he goes and I suspect the next week could see me shift either way…..based on set-up and performance rather than results.

I’ll be cheering on the Rams tomorrow night and hoping for a win and a decent performance…..maybe with a number 10 playing number 10 and midfielders allowed to play the ball through midfield to feed the number 10…..maybe with a left footed left winger and right footed right winger to have a prayer of getting decent crosses in…..maybe even with a through ball (remember them?) for someone to run one on one with their goalie.

But if we set up like the first half at Shrewsbury I won’t be overly disappointed in the long run with a drubbing by Exeter as it may force a change in set-up, approach or manager.

Something needs to change…..and I don’t just mean a change in luck.

If we win with a joke penalty from a joke ref and play like Saturday then it just papers over cracks.

I’d like to think most fans would want a Derby win tomorrow. A great performance followed by a nice run of results. I hope that in a few weeks or so’s time I’m on here saying “I shouldn’t have doubted Warne, he knew what he was doing and everyone who said he needed time were spot on”

Hopefully nobody wants us to continue to struggle in order to say “I knew he was wrong from the start, look how smart I am”

This isn’t a personal thing. Warne seems like a nice guy, a good person. I just want Derby to win games and crucially to play a style of football that’s fun to watch. (I don’t agree with Radio Derby when they say fans don’t care about performances they just want the team to win. I genuinely care more about watching something enjoyable than being bored for 90 mins and winning.). If that comes under Warne I’d be as happy as anyone. At the moment I just don’t see it unfortunately.

My son-in-law is a huge football fan. 

He told me last night that he can watch most games regardless of quality but that the standard of the Derby game on Saturday was so poor he had to switch off.

I keep hearing what a strong squad we have but I suspect a neutral view would be that we’re a bang average bunch.

I don’t think any new manager will wave a magic wand and turn us into Man City. All we could hope for is an improvement in passing and more attacking intent.

8 hours ago, winktheram said:

Towards the end of the interview Warne commented he knows(knew) what's needed to fix the lack of taking chances (decent striker). Radio Derby then discussed lack of promised funds in the summer was what he was probably getting at.  As we know, none of the Knight money became available (confirmed by Pearce at the fans forum as going into 'operating costs' of the football club) and Jordan Rhodes was in the building but never got over the line and we ended up with bargain basement Washington and then Waghorn by fluke.

As others have suggested, it's where the club is at and that's where we have to shop, at the Washington's store until we shift/contracts run out, of some/all of the high earning Hourahaine, Collins, NML, Barkhausen, Smiths  et al. Or Pearce opens his mini war chest in Jan - as I can't believe we don't have a pot to piss in following good cup runs, AVE 27k last season, 22k season tickets, and the Knight money. If we were that hard up they should have cashed in on Cashin but didn't.

For me things don't add up and if Warne was promised more than he got then I have some sympathy.  Bit only some lol, as the results and general play from the the end of last season to now have been woeful. The lack of a decent striker doesn't forgive general style and shape of the team. It's been pretty grim.

So are you saying it wasn’t PW hinting at promised funds not materialising, it was Radio Derby speculating? If that is the case that puts a whole new light on the issue. 

None of us know what happened with Rhodes. Maybe he was offered a sum within said promised funds but that wasn’t enough to tempt him. 🤷🏻

Regarding Knight, I’m guessing the proceeds of his sale were never promised for the transfer kitty. 

The bottom line is, none of us seem to know exactly what has been said between DC, PW, Pearce, Rhodes etc. but I feel fairly confident that Pearce isn’t running the club as a one man show a la Mel Morris. If indeed PW was promised money and this hasn’t been released then yes, I would also have sympathy for him but I don’t think we know enough to come to that conclusion.

9 hours ago, winktheram said:

Towards the end of the interview Warne commented he knows(knew) what's needed to fix the lack of taking chances (decent striker). Radio Derby then discussed lack of promised funds in the summer was what he was probably getting at.  As we know, none of the Knight money became available (confirmed by Pearce at the fans forum as going into 'operating costs' of the football club) and Jordan Rhodes was in the building but never got over the line and we ended up with bargain basement Washington and then Waghorn by fluke.

But Warne has said that spending £1m on a striker was not the way to do things. So how is what you say relevant? Perhaps more likely the striker he wanted didn't want to come here? Afterall we know that Warne was after several of the Derby squad at Rotherham. 

9 hours ago, Yoxoram said:

It's a position that NO Derby fan wants to be in. But watching the current manager brutalise our football is painful. It's like death by a 1000 cuts. Except every now and again you see a sparkly bit of football played or a good goal scored and you believe again, but that never lasts. These are good players that's why we've not lost more, but why haven't we won more?!

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

My son-in-law is a huge football fan. 

He told me last night that he can watch most games regardless of quality but that the standard of the Derby game on Saturday was so poor he had to switch off.

I keep hearing what a strong squad we have but I suspect a neutral view would be that we’re a bang average bunch.

I don’t think any new manager will wave a magic wand and turn us into Man City. All we could hope for is an improvement in passing and more attacking intent.

I honestly think that's all it would take to get top 6 with the quality of players we have. Top 2 is probably out of reach now regardless.

I think there are tens of thousands of pro-Warne fans, actuallly probably more than anti Warne fans.

Why don't more post on here? Probably for the same reasons as me. For every time they do, they are hit with a barrage from that vocal minority asking to justify their opinion. That barrage can become unpleasant and sometimes rude and occasionally mockingly. Nobody needs or deserves that.

My opinion of PW and DCFC hasn't altered. I understand and respect the opinion of those wanting PW out, but I do not believe they are right.

I have gone into the reasons on another thread but I will say again; I believe that Clowes will be 100% behind Warne irrespective of whether we finish in the top 6 or not. A few disgruntled fans won't make any difference.

The loud minority are in all likelihood made up with a majority of younger fans.

Edited by CongletonRam

2 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

What has kept you pro Warne? Is it genuinely anything he is doing or is it not wanting to chop and change managers? 

We’ve had 13 months where it feels as though it’s gone backwards. Since February it’s been awful. That’s quite a significant chunk of time to base it on? 

My support for Warne is probably down to the fact I think the games this season are a very small sample size (I think it’s unfair to include last season given the squad changes) and we’ve not been as bad as everyone seems to think. People dismiss injuries but we’ve had multiple injuries at any one time and it obviously affects things. People were fuming when Oxford beat us but the performance genuinely wasn’t bad and they’re currently second because you can’t judge a club by its perceived size in this league. 

We are in a very salvageable position with a few wins and I think there’s enough quality with everyone fit to go on a run.

My only worry is that he’ll be sacked because the players will listen to the outside noise and it then becomes a self fulfilling prophecy where they don’t perform for him so we inevitably lose- that’s the only way I can see him being sacked 

4 minutes ago, CongletonRam said:

I think there are tens of thousands of pro-Warne fans, actuallly probably more than anti Warne fans.

Why don't more post on here? Probably for the same reasons as me. For every time they do, they are hit with a barrage from that vocal minority asking to justify their opinion. That barrage can become unpleasant and sometimes rude and occasionally mockingly. Nobody needs or deserves that.

My opinion of PW and DCFC hasn't altered. I understand and respect the opinion of those wanting PW out, but I do not believe they are right.

I have gone into the reasons on another thread but I will say again; I believe that Clowes will be 100% behind Warne irrespective of whether we finish in the top 6 or not. A few disgruntled fans won't make any difference.

The loud minority are in all likelihood made up with a majority of younger fans.

Nope. The majority you talk of are actually Derby fans who feel it is necessary to get behind the manager (any manager of Derby that is).