Pro Warne

Jram

The points gap is getting alarmingly greater week by week from the top two. If we don’t pick up soon we risk the top 6 gap getting greater.

Results based business and the table doesn’t lie. I was all for giving him time but the financial loss from not going up this season, with the added tv money next and what will lead to loss of ticket money if we stick with him means DC has no choice now but to take the hit and let him go.

I’d wish him all the best wherever he goes next I think he’s a decent bloke but it’s not working out.

Still Warne in but even I am losing faith.

He's got some crucial games coming up and needs a run now to really establish his style.

Go to 5 at the back stick by your guns! Fans dislike him anyway so play the formation and style you recruited for.

Currently we are battling with teams inferior to us. We need to start showing we are better then them by outplaying them

This has been a fascinating read 😂 I was expecting a horde of pro-Warne posters to surge forth but it doesn’t seem like they exist 

Give him time, I say. There’s been good spells, it’s a decent squad, that was our first loss in 8 games. We’ve two games in hand on some of the teams above us (almost all of whom we’ve played), we’ve had some dreadful decisions. We’ve had loads of injuries.

I know people don’t want to talk about the fact we almost died 18 months ago but it’s certainly still a factor- we didn’t spend a penny on transfers in the summer (to my knowledge) and there’s no talent coming through the academy (although in the interests of balance I would say I don’t like Warnes hatred of anyone under 27) 

When I'm being critical for teams, I try and think of something they do well. Wether it's pressing, or counter attacking, or defending set pieces etc.

But I can't think of a single thing we do well under Warne. We don't even do most things decently.

What truly frustrated me beyond belief is hearing Warne try and say we're playing well. "We need to be more aggressive" he says, but what about a bit of creativity or skill? It takes me back to when he first came in and rumours came out that the players were aghast that his tactics were "run more".

Not coming over to the fans yesterday looked like he was hiding, wether he was or not. If he is sacked (and I think he should be) then the new manager needs to be in before December so he can assess the squad and work on targets before to he window opens.

Go get Eustace.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Do you think the fans will keep putting their money into the Club in the same kind of numbers? Do you know that the broadcasting money will be less in league 1 from next season?

Maybe Clowes will decide he can't afford to keep putting money in and will sell up?

the money it will cost to get rid of the rotherham crew will be insignificant compared to the overall damage they are doing to dc's investment if we fail to get promotion.as it stands,dc bought a 3rd division club on its arse,if we get promotion ,not only do we get more revenue,but clowes investment value increases as a well supported championship club.clowes cannot afford to allow his investment to languish in league one or lower,he has to get rid of warne

1 hour ago, deanoakaram4life said:

He has to go for me regardless! The aim this year was top 2. We are in a terrible league this year with distinctly average teams in the division. The very fact Fornah made his 1st touch in the 14th minute speaks volumes to me…. Bypass the midfield…. Get as many crosses in as possible and hope for the best. 

There’s no guile, no patterns of play just end to end garbage. Shrewsbury were by far the better team yesterday and seeing Curtis Nelson launch every throw in into the box made me think “is this all we have got?” 

Come on Clowes! Let’s get John Eustace in, play Bird as a holding midfielder and let’s get marching up the division! 

seeing Curtis Nelson launch every throw in into the box made me think “is this all we have got?” 

i thought it quite comical taking the tallest player out of the box to put a long throw into collins and co

I've been more than eager enough to "give him time".
I was thinking "At least until Christmas, with a review at that stage".

I'm still happy to hang on in there, even missing out this season... as long as we definitely go up next season... which of course, comes with major if not catastrophic potential risks!  😲  I therefore appreciate there are massive flaws to such a plan... potentially at least.

As a fan, I'm now getting twitchy, whilst appreciating the fact it ain't me who makes the decisions!  

32 minutes ago, NorwichExile said:

Go get Eustace.

Getting ahead of ourselves, but... really?

He was working on something at Birmingham; recent results were good and there were signs that something promising could develop. But that's it.

I'm not saying I wouldn't take Eustace over Warne (I would, because the football surely couldn't get worse, nor the fulfilment level of player potential) but I also wouldn't be very surprised if we were saying some very similar things a year down the line.

13 minutes ago, Paultheram said:

David Clowes will not sack him this far into a 4 yr deal.

We need to get behind the team no matter who is in charge.

This league will be close this year as you have got teams beating teams that you expect to beat.

Up the rams!

Well we certainly aren't beating teams we'd expect to beat! 😄 

15 minutes ago, KnowledgeisPorridge said:

Lose on Tuesday you would feel the same? 

Exactly. We were all pleased with the Blackpool result/performance (most of it) and then there was talk that everything was OK really, on the whole. But it only needed the next result to be a bad one for the Blackpool plaster to be ripped off. And we've had two bad results since then. There aren't too many people fighting Warne's corner at the moment but, if we lose to Exeter, there'll be fewer still.

I really want to find some positives...but we're not giving me much to cling to.

Warne thought there wasn't much wrong? Wow.

Long throws into the box. Not for me.

Too easy to pass through our midfield. Worrying.

Missing sitters every week. Dispiriting.

Mid-table after quarter of a season. Unacceptable.

The only reason I have to give him longer is that it's the right thing to do for a decent group of men to gave every chance to turn it round.

I've no real faith that they will though.

3 hours ago, Jram said:

Anyone else still willing to give this time? Don’t seem to be many on the forum.

I'm not sure many will hold their hands up at this stage, even if they did.

Not a criticism, but this topic is already populated by Warne Out members. Any voices in favour would be pissing in the wind now.

I will use the word sadly here, sadly I think his time is up. I'm yet to see a manager come back from this level of criticism in the social media era.

Regardless of style of football, hoofball or keepball, if you're not getting the results to back it your days are numbered.

Fans voices are heard. Yesterday will not have gone unnoticed.

We are in a recoverable situation here with a game or two in hand.

16 minutes ago, David said:

I'm not sure many will hold their hands up at this stage, even if they did.

Not a criticism, but this topic is already populated by Warne Out members. Any voices in favour would be pissing in the wind now.

I will use the word sadly here, sadly I think his time is up. I'm yet to see a manager come back from this level of criticism in the social media era.

Regardless of style of football, hoofball or keepball, if you're not getting the results to back it your days are numbered.

Fans voices are heard. Yesterday will not have gone unnoticed.

We are in a recoverable situation here with a game or two in hand.

I was honestly expecting a lot more support for Warne on the forum. Im genuinely surprised how much people have turned on him. 

I do believe they’ll do enough to get playoffs and it will be very sad if he gets sacked based on the fans’ reaction. 

There’s always a few people calling for managers heads after every defeat but this appears to have gone beyond that. Maybe im missing something but I would not be sacking the manager after 1 defeat in 8 games 

4 hours ago, BuckoBeast said:

Honestly can’t think of any pro Warne arguments other that the obvious financial situation. We haven’t made any progress whatsoever, probably gone backwards. Fans are not happy. The style of football is horrendous. I’ve been to watch Burton Albion on a few occasions and they look far better. With the squad he has we should be most certainly further up the table. Seems that he’s lost the majority of fans. The young players will definitely go next year as we won’t get any where near promotion. I get the “give him time” too but I see NO progress or any sign of it. I’m sorry but he has to go 

Thing is, it is clearly going to be costly to fire Warne, but it's also something to consider that the crowds could theoretically drop to 23k or lower with these performances, and that will come at significant cost to the club too. That has to be factored into the decision making. 

I was vocal at the start of the season that Warne deserved a chance with with a squad with more players that he was able to bring in, and a clean slate. It has become clear however that any progress is minimal or negligible, given the funds he has had available at League One level, it's reasonable to expect much more. 

I think I'd feel differently if it was that we were building a young squad with potentially moving forward, however I just don't see what Warne's vision is from here. We've a squad of quite aging players with little resale and what seems like little potential for promotion with almost no prospect of staying up if it got there. 

It's time to hit reset. As a club, we should pivot to playing possession based football and using academy players and stick to it.