Pro Warne

Jram

30 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Well the comment about Warnock was a joke in bad taste because of his age and I apologise for any offence it may have caused. 

As for Taarabt, he was a talented “resource” available to Warnock upon his arrival at. Who is to say any manager taking over at QPR at the time wouldn’t have done exactly the same?

Regarding Warne, we may not like the way he operates, we may not think he’s the right manager for Derby but of all the less than complimentary things we might say about him, describing him as a dinosaur wouldn’t be on my list and this is the first time I’ve heard him called one by even his most ardent critics on this site.

To clarify, my comments weren’t intended as a defence of PW (if that’s what has upset you). I was found it odd to describe him as a dinosaur of all things.

I thought it might be light hearted, and age related, with regards to Warnock, and I take no offence with any of your post. 

However, I do think dinosaur is a decent description of Paul Warne and his methods so far. 

He's not a big scary T-Rex though, more a gentle herbivore dino, so he can't quite beat the footballer out of the squad he's both inherited and built.

As a consequence, we've ended up with a ineffective hybrid playing style, where ballers still want to ball, while trying not to displease the boss by running around to no real effect. 

His style can work, but he needed to inherit a squad far closer to his ideal than he did, and he hasn't made enough progress to change that squad.

I hoped, on his appointment, that he'd been held back from a more pleasing style of football by the circumstances at Rotherham, and we perhaps offered an opportunity to really build from the ground up a more aesthetically pleasing yet successful football team. 

That was a false hope.

He's a fitness coach, who lucked into management in the first place, had some success, equalled by failure every time, was handed the opportunity of a lifetime here, because let's be honest were any other clubs beating down his door, and he's squandered it, through tactical ineptitude and the inability to adapt to the squad he has, or to build the squad he wants.

6 hours ago, TINMANTED said:

seeing Curtis Nelson launch every throw in into the box made me think “is this all we have got?” 

i thought it quite comical taking the tallest player out of the box to put a long throw into collins and co

I don’t think we’ve even won a header from one yet. Waste of time.

7 minutes ago, Mick Brolly said:

Spoke to plenty of fans on the way back from Shrewsbury who are pro Warne 

No doubt all along the lines of:

'Can't keep sacking managers' - when did we sack the last one?

'Can't afford to sack him' - can't afford to keep him more like!

'Needs his own team' - two transfer windows and 10 signings?!

'He's proven at this level' - but not at this club

Any more that I've missed? None of them positive about his football I bet?! 

Edited by RoyMac5

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Any more that I've missed? None of them positive about his football I bet?! 

Get out a bit a find out for yourself

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Any more that I've missed? None of then positive about his football I bet?! 

Attention seeking, repetitive, I've been watching Derby for 50 years and the current fans are just drunk/drugged up and don't know anything, no guarantee the next manager will be any better, we need to be grateful just to have a club, we can't spend a fee on players, we've been unlucky with injuries, can't judge us so early in the season, bet you'd have wanted Clough/smith/Alf Ramsay sacked too, are you willing to pay him off yourself.

I've probably missed some. All solid arguments as to why we should just keep on being awful then 🙄

1 minute ago, Mick Brolly said:

No definitely derby fans 

I was only making a crap joke. Plenty of people want Warne to stay, and that's entirely a valid opinion. You have to wonder if these people would call 999 if their house was on fire though, or just wait for things to get better.

1 minute ago, oodledoodle said:

Attention seeking, repetitive, I've been watching Derby for 50 years and the current fans are just drunk/drugged up and don't know anything, no guarantee the next manager will be any better, we need to be grateful just to have a club, we can't spend a fee on players, we've been unlucky with injuries, can't judge us so early in the season, bet you'd have wanted Clough/smith/Alf Ramsay sacked too, are you willing to pay him off yourself.

I've probably missed some. All solid arguments as to why we should just keep on being awful then 🙄

No young and old fans with different opinions I know it's hard for you to believe but not everyone is of the same opinion as yourself