Warne Out Out

Birdyabroad

He’s put himself in this position with his overseeing of recruitment. Both Pompey and Oxford had big squad turnovers. They went for younger players wanting to work their way up through the divisions. We went for the tried and tested dross that has got us nowhere in the last 10 years. The signings of Washington, Waghorn and Bradley could have probably got us x 5 players wanting to put their all in for a massive club! 

1 hour ago, IlsonDerby said:

Snap your hand off for Notts County’s gaffer. 

Did you watch their match on TV during the international break. The game where Mansfield 'tore them a new one'. County were awful. They played some of the most slowest and boring football I've seen in years. County can keep their gaffer.

52 minutes ago, Kernow said:

If our budget for next season was £2mil, hypothetically, then I’d rather spend £1.5m of that getting rid of Warne & have a new bloke with 500k, rather than Warne with £2mil.

The season isn’t a write off, we can still easily make the top 6. I think that only happens if he goes.

The impending sale of Cashin and Bird could be used to pay off Warne

5 minutes ago, Yoxoram said:

Did you watch their match on TV during the international break. The game where Mansfield 'tore them a new one'. County were awful. They played some of the most slowest and boring football I've seen in years. County can keep their gaffer.

Yeah - I also watched them pass it through us with regularity before our quality shone through and I saw them achieve 100+ points last year only losing out to multi million pound backed Wrexham. 

3 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Yeah - I also watched them pass it through us with regularity before our quality shone through and I saw them achieve 100+ points last year only losing out to multi million pound backed Wrexham. 

I'll have to bow to your greater knowledge of Notts County. I've only got the game against Mansfield to base my opinion on but I'm calling it how I saw it in that game.

1 hour ago, Rammy03 said:

but has he lost the players?

We know the players can do better cos they have done it in patches this season but its motivation, tactics and pattern of play ( we seem to lack all three) and the manager has a big responsibility. The players are not responding to him. He said we "played well today" - enough said.

21 minutes ago, Yoxoram said:

I'll have to bow to your greater knowledge of Notts County. I've only got the game against Mansfield to base my opinion on but I'm calling it how I saw it in that game.

Aye they were crap but in person when we went there midweek watching everyone of their players being comfortable on the ball and more than that, when the centre backs had the ball they were literally pointing to where the full backs should be to take the easy pass from them - they’d been coached so well in what they needed to do that even their centre backs were taking the ball under pressure knowing their fullbacks would make it to the correct position. 

Its just not fun. At least when we went down with 11 points we knew we were rubbish & it was fun. Getting docked points & fighting for our lives not fun at the time but it was entertaining 

This football that gets served up everyweek is boring, no entertainment & absolute rubbish. Cant even see what he's trying to achieve. If we were playing loads of kids, bringing them through & trying to play the right way then you could see the light at the end of the tunnel. 

He's a pub manager at best 

It's not even just that the football is bad, it's that we seem to score goals when we put the ball on the floor because that seems to be how the players want to play.

If the football was bad but winning games and picking up valuable points, I wouldn't be complaining. If this is "results-based" football, where are the results??

Edited by Tombo

When you want your team's manager to go and be replaced  I always think what is it that you want to see thats different and I've asked this question before of my mates who follow other clubs 

For some winning 1-0 with any fashion of football is ok as long as we're winning, under Rowett i even thought of not going to games as his style was very negative and on the back foot.

For me we are already getting to a situation where top 2 is looking a long way off and all i want to see is some decent football and us trying to control games with a bit of nous from the touchline 

I do not see Warne being able to do that so therefore I am definitely in the Warne out camp now, he tried its not a good fit and more importantly I think he's been given enough time and its just not working, sometimes managers don't suit certain clubs.

It has been seen many times including when Mac came here and took over Clough's team that the correct change can be very beneficial and that ha to happen now in my opinion 

Warne will be ok and do ok at a Rotherham or a Wycombe but he's just not right for us

Clowes has to act or this season could be a write off, seeing the fans reaction today is not good but justified but I will say Hourihane had the guts to go to fans and didn't hide and just walk off

Warnock, Warburton or Eustace now would be my shortlist and maybe would give us the lift we require because it just isn't working, do feel for Warne because he's a decent man but I'd like it now if he walked away and said thanks he tried