Warne Out Out

Birdyabroad

7 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

I’ll be honest - my problem is not Warne and has never been Warne. My problem is performances and that more often than not we still feel along way away from what he thinks his football should look like at full flow yet he’s had 3 transfer windows and a very healthy budget to work with. 

I’m pretty sure that our budget is higher than any of the Rotherham sides he took up. 

If we were playing the football I think he envisages his teams playing then yeah it’d be a bit of a change from the possession based stuff we were a bit more used to but ultimately it’d still be entertaining to watch but in a different way. 

Having seen Derby play against a warne Rotherham enough times and the added extras of his side on TV I know I didn’t want to watch his kind of football and unfortunately he is very consistent in how he approaches his kind of football which doesn’t come close to what I want to watch - let’s be clear I hope we get promotion this season and I also hope he moves on elsewhere when the season ends and we can approach football in a more appealing way.

It’s great where we are sitting in the league and PW will be around for a while regardless of results imo.

Do I enjoy watching this style of football…absolutely not but I still hope we get promoted and then I’m pretty sure we would have to change our management and football style to have a chance of staying up in the championship.

Im not anti PW , I just don’t like the football his team is playing.

I do not find it entertaining except for a few matches where the style seemed to change and we looked fluid in attack and really clicked.

I also think this football style has contributed to the reason Jason Knight and Max Bird wanting out of the club to play football more suited to their qualities.

So fingers crossed for a win tonight and keep the pressure on the top teams and let’s hope we can get promoted this season out of this league and get back to playing real football again .

2 hours ago, Jortat said:

It’s great where we are sitting in the league and PW will be around for a while regardless of results imo.

Do I enjoy watching this style of football…absolutely not but I still hope we get promoted and then I’m pretty sure we would have to change our management and football style to have a chance of staying up in the championship.

Im not anti PW , I just don’t like the football his team is playing.

I do not find it entertaining except for a few matches where the style seemed to change and we looked fluid in attack and really clicked.

I also think this football style has contributed to the reason Jason Knight and Max Bird wanting out of the club to play football more suited to their qualities.

So fingers crossed for a win tonight and keep the pressure on the top teams and let’s hope we can get promoted this season out of this league and get back to playing real football again .

Just listened to the interview- sounds like Pearce thinks Warne is “Gods gift to football”. I can see Paul seeing out his 4 years no matter what happens on the pitch.Pearce says Warne is an amazing people person - so those Rams fans who find Paul irritating , are out of sinc.

@Birdyabroad as the topic creator, would you be happy for me to close this topic, moving forward with a topic simply called “Paul Warne”.

We’re seeing similar posts depending on the result in both. A singular place to discuss the manager under a neutral title. 

The same question will be asked in the alternative threads.

1 hour ago, David said:

@Birdyabroad as the topic creator, would you be happy for me to close this topic, moving forward with a topic simply called “Paul Warne”.

We’re seeing similar posts depending on the result in both. A singular place to discuss the manager under a neutral title. 

The same question will be asked in the alternative threads.

With the 2 alternative topic creators in agreement, I have decided to go ahead now anyway.