Warne Out Out

Birdyabroad

2 hours ago, Rambam said:

I think the fact we are now below Burton Albion is a line in the sand. 
Yeah, I know we have games in hand, but the fact is, yesterday afternoon, between 3pm and 5pm, they scored as many home goals as we have ALL SEASON. 

We have not played Bristol Rovers at home yet. I'd say they should be a much easier proposition than Wigan, Oxford and Portsmouth. 

Just now, Tyler Durden said:

So why didn't DC hire one of these managers which is the point that you don't seem keen on discussing 

Because seemingly he felt that with Warne he was getting as close to as sure thing he in terms of results that exists at this level which really couldn’t be argued with based on previous record. 

I think promotion and the extra what £8-10m n revenue that it brings was too tempting for him to risk it on someone without the track record a Warne brings. 

It was an admirable strategy but it was doubted at the time by the NTT20 podcast who know more about Warne than we do and up to now they’ve been proved to be quite right. 

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

In the modern business world where your managers are seen to be 'failing', don't you do things like set out an improvement program? Give them every opportunity to succeed. Whilst Clowes is going through the process of finding a replacement (like he did when getting Warne)! 😄

That doesn't translate to the world of fixed term contracts does it though Roy from the real employment world.

If Warne fails on his improvement targets then DC will still be picking up the bill for bulleting him so why bother.

In the real world the person would be dismissed without any severance pay. 

1 minute ago, IlsonDerby said:

Because seemingly he felt that with Warne he was getting as close to as sure thing he in terms of results that exists at this level which really couldn’t be argued with based on previous record. 

I think promotion and the extra what £8-10m n revenue that it brings was too tempting for him to risk it on someone without the track record a Warne brings. 

It was an admirable strategy but it was doubted at the time by the NTT20 podcast who know more about Warne than we do and up to now they’ve been proved to be quite right. 

I'm not trying to be argumentative for once but DC I imagine recruited PW on his track record of 3 promotions from this division.

I also hear that PW wasn't DC preferred candidate but we couldn't afford to release the Bolton manager from his contract. 

Anyway given all of that what guarantee will we have that the same person making the same decision will get a better or worse manager in then PW. 

31 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

Folk don't KNOW what we can/can't afford but, when there's a business plan in place to which we have to adhere and the club was saying we can't afford transfer fees, it does seem to indicate that there's not much wriggle room in the budget. Not much wriggle room in what we may spend according to the business plan. What would paying PW and his staff off cost? We fans have no idea but if we guess at 20K a week for PW, 15K each for Barker and Hammy and 10K for Warrington, the keeper's coach, that's 60K a week which comes to £3.12M a year. Two and a half years left so 3,12 * 2.5 and you have £7.8M. Now, as I've said, I'm only guessing but even if their wages are only half the figures I've used, you're talking the best part of £4M to get rid. Even if we do have that kind of  money floating around, would we be allowed to spend it under the business plan? Again we don't know but it's not a daft thought that we probably can't spend that amount on compo for PW et al.

The poster to whom you replied was making a, not unreasonable, assumption, IMO.

I'd be amazed if they are on half that as a total.   

10 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Yes its not a happy fan base but better people to vent on here than keep bottled up. 

Yes guess it's cathartic for some to continue progressing the same mantra on here, can't think of any other reason.

Not sure if it is helping them vent though as the number of such comments and threads don't seem to be diminishing any. 

32 minutes ago, oodledoodle said:

Sorry for saying I'd like him gone in a thread titled "Warne out out". Point taken, I'll do better.

You've made it clear in pretty much every thread, on mulitple occasions that you want him gone no matter what, do you think that there is anyone left on the forum that is unaware of your thoughts on it?

I'm just not sure why you think everyone wants you to repeat it over and over again?

You know how you think Warne's football is boring....

Derby lost to the mighty Shrews…

I lost £40, betting on a the Rams at 5/6, which I thought were decent odds given our starting line-up…

England snatched defeat from the jaws of victory in the rugger…

England suffered a humiliating defeat against SA in the cricket…

My sons U15 footy team just lost 4-6 to a local rival that they have never lost to…

I very nearly captained Salah in my fantasy team, but didn’t…

If my mighty Miami Dolphins lose to Philadelphia tonight, I’m gonna curl up in a ball under the duvet and re-appear next weekend…

And then it all starts over 😎

As a sports fan, it really is the hope that kills you.

P.S. Get your money on Philly 😉

6 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

You've made it clear in pretty much every thread, on mulitple occasions that you want him gone no matter what, do you think that there is anyone left on the forum that is unaware of your thoughts on it?

I'm just not sure why you think everyone wants you to repeat it over and over again?

Fair point. I do try to flesh out my opinions a bit, but I totally understand people being sick of the Warne out stuff. Honestly I am too, I wish we had something else to talk about.

37 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I'm not trying to be argumentative for once but DC I imagine recruited PW on his track record of 3 promotions from this division.

I also hear that PW wasn't DC preferred candidate but we couldn't afford to release the Bolton manager from his contract. 

Anyway given all of that what guarantee will we have that the same person making the same decision will get a better or worse manager in then PW. 

Well if we wanted a.n.other manager before Warne that says it all. 

ps there are NO guarantees in life.

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

Every decision made by anyone in business is to some extent a risk and football is no different in that sense. 

It fills me with confidence that Evatt was choice #1 though as he has impressed at more than 1 club which suggests Clowes does have the right idea. Obviously a second choice of someone with 3 promotions at this level can’t on paper be criticised. 

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

And you’ve posted whingeing about people whinging about Warne. You’re just as boring as us. 

1 minute ago, IlsonDerby said:

There were 2 or 3 ardent Warne out voices at the start. The quantity of posts is increasing as more and more fans fall one side of the fence or the other.

Theres certainly more now but it still tends to be the same 10 or 20 posters posting the same thing over and over and over again...

3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Theres certainly more now but it still tends to be the same 10 or 20 posters posting the same thing over and over and over again...

10 or 20?? It was that number 3 weeks ago. Luckily now it’s X4 that at least. 

Don’t stop chanting for Warne out until you’re worn out. I think there’s a chant in there somewhere ready for Tuesday night.