Warne Out Out

Birdyabroad

2 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Simple answer is 💵💶💷💴💰we can’t afford to pay him off. 
I think that’s the top and bottom of it anyway

So the simple answer is then supporters do have to put up with this crap then to paraphrase another poster 

17 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

Why do people like you insist on making pronouncements like this? You haven’t the faintest idea what we can afford. 

Folk don't KNOW what we can/can't afford but, when there's a business plan in place to which we have to adhere and the club was saying we can't afford transfer fees, it does seem to indicate that there's not much wriggle room in the budget. Not much wriggle room in what we may spend according to the business plan. What would paying PW and his staff off cost? We fans have no idea but if we guess at 20K a week for PW, 15K each for Barker and Hammy and 10K for Warrington, the keeper's coach, that's 60K a week which comes to £3.12M a year. Two and a half years left so 3,12 * 2.5 and you have £7.8M. Now, as I've said, I'm only guessing but even if their wages are only half the figures I've used, you're talking the best part of £4M to get rid. Even if we do have that kind of  money floating around, would we be allowed to spend it under the business plan? Again we don't know but it's not a daft thought that we probably can't spend that amount on compo for PW et al.

The poster to whom you replied was making a, not unreasonable, assumption, IMO.

2 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

Folk don't KNOW what we can/can't afford but, when there's a business plan in place to which we have to adhere and the club was saying we can't afford transfer fees, it does seem to indicate that there's not much wriggle room in the budget. Not much wriggle room in what we may spend according to the business plan. What would paying PW and his staff off cost? We fans have no idea but if we guess at 20K a week for PW, 15K each for Barker and Hammy and 10K for Warrington, the keeper's coach, that's 60K a week which comes to £3.12M a year. Two and a half years left so 3,12 * 2.5 and you have £7.8M. Now, as I've said, I'm only guessing but even if their wages are only half the figures I've used, you're talking the best part of £4M to get rid. Even if we do have that kind of  money floating around, would we be allowed to spend it under the business plan? Again we don't know but it's not a daft thought that we probably can't spend that amount on compo for PW et al.

I don’t believe we couldn’t get rid of him. But, if we can’t afford to relieve him of his duties, David Clowes would need to think long and hard why he was given a 4 year contract. 

37 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

So the simple answer is then supporters do have to put up with this crap then to paraphrase another poster 

To a point perhaps but with the added issue of the new TV deal next season if season ticket renewals are affected by PW still being in place at some point the finances of keeping him will be worse

7 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

Fair play to you for going to the trouble to explain the point with some figures and a reasoned argument, but I would simply counter by by saying that we would not have to pay anything like that as a lump sum.  

10 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Big game v Exeter City Tuesday. Talking to a City fan last night about the Wigan game.

Same old. Loads of ball but no real conviction. 2 goals in 6 games.

0-0 written all over it.

Ah another great journey home to look forward to with the inevitable night road closures to add to the fun!

11 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

Crowdfunding? At this point I would happily contribute!

Just now, CBRammette said:

To a point perhaps but with the added issue of the new TV deal next season if season ticket renewals are affected by PW still being in place at some point the finances of keeping him will be worse

We keep coming back to the same point as I'm trying to move this debate away from PW's alleged shortcomings as a manager which I get after reading thread after thread about him to basically if it's that obvious then why hasn't DC also seen this and why hasn't DC done something about the situation?

Which also expands into the comments being made that they're not going to put up with this for another 2.5 years - well if we can't afford to get rid of PW then they're going to have to or like you said not renew their season tickets next season and so on. 

14 hours ago, oodledoodle said:

We'll play like absolute turd, win 1-0 and Warne will claim "see? Now we win and everything is fine again, that's how fickle football fans are".

We could play like prime Barcelona and win 48-0. I'd still want him gone.

So what is the point of continually posting the same opinion on every thread?

The last sentence makes your stance completely clear, its personal, and there is nothing he can do to change your view.

Do you have to remind us all of this every 5 posts on any thread about Warne?

7 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

We keep coming back to the same point as I'm trying to move this debate away from PW's alleged shortcomings as a manager which I get after reading thread after thread about him to basically if it's that obvious then why hasn't DC also seen this and why hasn't DC done something about the situation?

Which also expands into the comments being made that they're not going to put up with this for another 2.5 years - well if we can't afford to get rid of PW then they're going to have to or like you said not renew their season tickets next season and so on. 

We keep coming back to the same point because it seems to be the main point for what now seems like many on here. I have deliberately not looked at the forum as much while we have had no matches for the reasons you mention. As you say if we cant afford to sack him and his team, it will be a long drawn out miserable period for fans

Edited by CBRammette
*his

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

Why have we got Warne then as manager if League 1 are awash with such managers?

Because our owner (as is absolutely his right) wanted this guy with a seemingly golden track record in our division? 

To say there aren’t progressive managers out there for this level just because we’ve got Warne seems a reductive way of viewing it? 

13 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

I don’t believe we couldn’t get rid of him. But, if we can’t afford to relieve him of his duties, David Clowes would need to think long and hard why he was given a 4 year contract. 

Maybe he was thinking it's time for stability and sustainability, I don't know. Maybe he'd set his heart and mind on getting PW et al in which gave PW a solid bargaining position...

3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

So what is the point of continually posting the same opinion on every thread?

The last sentence makes your stance completely clear, its personal, and there is nothing he can do to change your view.

Do you have to remind us all of this every 5 posts on any thread about Warne?

Sorry for saying I'd like him gone in a thread titled "Warne out out". Point taken, I'll do better.

12 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

Fair play to you for going to the trouble to explain the point with some figures and a reasoned argument, but I would simply counter by by saying that we would not have to pay anything like that as a lump sum.  

You may be right. How did you reach that conclusion? Paying off a contract usually means exactly that, in full, doesn't it?

11 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

In the modern business world where your managers are seen to be 'failing', don't you do things like set out an improvement program? Give them every opportunity to succeed. Whilst Clowes is going through the process of finding a replacement (like he did when getting Warne)! 😄

Edited by RoyMac5

Just now, CBRammette said:

We keep coming back to the same point because it seems to be the main point for what now seems like many on here. I have deliberately not looked at the forum as much while we have had no matches for the reasons you mention. As you say if we cant afford to sack him and the team, it will be a long drawn out miserable period for fans

This is where I'm at and again a deliberate reason why I stayed off this forum recently. 

I understand folks dissatisfaction but making the same point an infinite amount of times doesn't make their opinion any more valid and now doesn't add anything at all to the debate.

I'm trying to manage expectations by saying well you may be stuck with Warne for a long time so carping about the same stuff game after game isn't going to change anything. 

2 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Because our owner (as is absolutely his right) wanted this guy with a seemingly golden track record in our division? 

To say there aren’t progressive managers out there for this level just because we’ve got Warne seems a reductive way of viewing it? 

So why didn't DC hire one of these managers which is the point that you don't seem keen on discussing 

Just now, Tyler Durden said:

This is where I'm at and again a deliberate reason why I stayed off this forum recently. 

I understand folks dissatisfaction but making the same point an infinite amount of times doesn't make their opinion any more valid and now doesn't add anything at all to the debate.

I'm trying to manage expectations by saying well you may be stuck with Warne for a long time so carping about the same stuff game after game isn't going to change anything. 

Yes its not a happy fan base but better people to vent on here than keep bottled up.