Warne Out Out

Birdyabroad

1 minute ago, Srg said:

Does it matter? They’re either not good enough or he’s not motivating them well enough, or both. 

Of course it matters. If he's lost the players then it's over there's no coming back. Losing the fans in reality doesn't matter as long as the players are still behind him. Results can always improve and the fans will be back on side.

1 minute ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

What would it take for you to think Warne needs to go? Surely it can't get any worse than what it is now for you to think he's not suited for DCFC. 

I'm usually glass half full. I don't like to see managers sacked. It'll take a string of poor results for me to decide he has to go. It hasn't got that bad yet but it's simply not good enough.

Have we improved on the football pitch in any way since he arrived? I don’t think so and we are very easy to play against 

when was the last time you heard the crowd cheering especially at Pride Park ? 
For me I have seen some good and very good players leaving to be replaced by inferior quality which is no surprise as the manager just described us a being too pretty at times and clearly doesn’t like that side of the game - you know the entertainment bit 

12 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

One year into a four year contract. He isn’t going anywhere. We just have to be patient. If we played like we did at Blackpool this thread would not exist. 

perhaps the players could bear some responsibility? Just a thought. 

Twice this season..not acceptable!

12 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

One year into a four year contract. He isn’t going anywhere. We just have to be patient. If we played like we did at Blackpool this thread would not exist. 

perhaps the players could bear some responsibility? Just a thought. 

Day and night between where the club is at during the admin season and now. Admittedly it’s easy to back the lads when it’s ‘them versus us’. But Warne is a vampire that’s drained us of any joy or hope.

10 minutes ago, PrideParkhead said:

Get this loser out of my club. Absolutely sick of his tactics his cringeworthy interviews & his range of headwear. Get Nigel Clough back. He's a League 1 expert that at least attempts to play decent football 

You had me in the first half, not gonna lie. 

25 minutes ago, Birdyabroad said:

I feel for the fans, I really do.

It’s a stupid amount of money to travel to away games nowadays, you’d expect a level of competence above what we’re giving as a MINIMUM.

I wasn’t there, but followed Radio Derby and the fan chatter on here and it sounds like we couldn’t make 3 passes for the majority of the match 🤷‍♂️ what the hell is that about?

The ONLY crumb of comfort is that a new manager CAN turn things around very quickly, I again think of Mac when he took over from Clough Jnr.

But, Clowes needs to act and we need to get the RIGHT man, and that’s the million-dollar question, who is right for Derby right now 🤷‍♂️

ps, sorry for the capitals, don’t mean to shout, I’ve let football ruin my weekend, AGAIN!! 😞

Are you not a fan then.

Strange comment being made on a fan forum 

31 minutes ago, I Am Sheep said:

Is Eustace still available?

I mean for real now, is he?

That is a very sensible question and I'm sure the answer is "yes". There is always the problem regarding his remaining contract at Brum, how long left and what was he on.

Of course the last manager unfairly sacked by Birmingham whose next club was yours didn't work out too well. But I think Eustace will prove to be a better coach/manager than Rowett has; and more loyal. It isn't just his impressive time at St Andrews. His Kiddy team played such lovely football they were dubbed "the non-league Barcelona".

I was stupid enough to put a lot of money on you today. I thought you'd blow The Shrews away. Ah well silly me! 

1 minute ago, ROKERITE said:

That is a very sensible question and I'm sure the answer is "yes". There is always the problem regarding his remaining contract at Brum, how long left and what was he on.

Of course the last manager unfairly sacked by Birmingham whose next club was yours didn't work out too well. But I think Eustace will prove to be a better coach/manager than Rowett has; and more loyal. It isn't just his impressive time at St Andrews. His Kiddy team played such lovely football they were dubbed "the non-league Barcelona".

I was stupid enough to put a lot of money on you today. I thought you'd blow The Shrews away. Ah well silly me! 

What remaining contract? He’s in the dole queue. 

2 minutes ago, Srg said:

What remaining contract? He’s in the dole queue. 

I can't imagine his contract ran out on 9th October, 2023. Even if his contract was only till the end of this season that's seven months at a reported £20,000 p.w. that he won't receive if he takes another job. Much will depend on how long and at what rate the contract offered by a prospective new club will be.