Warne Out Out

Birdyabroad

I had such high hopes for the bloke. Great record in this division, couldn't take Rotherham any further I assumed due to budgets. Let's see what he can do at a big club. And I think now we've all seen what he is capable of. Nothing.

The bloke hasn't grasped the size of the job at all. Did he really think hitting the ball wide as early as possible and smashing crosses into the box was going go down well with supporters? The good managers evolve their ideas over time. He is expecting really technical footballers to become athletes who can run half a marathon and bulldoze the opposition on the break. No wonder tactically we are all over the place.

This squad is top 6 easily, any half decent manager could at least be competitive. We have the biggest wage budget in the league. And what this manager has produced is nothing short of something I'd expect on a Sunday morning on Alvaston Park. Pathetic, amateur standard of football where crossing the ball gets clapped at like seals on our bench. Bottom half league one teams can easily figure out our game plan within 5 minutes. We've got all these quality midfielders and we still insist on avoiding them at all costs when we attack. It is painful to watch. Is this really the best this squad has to give? 

I'm done with it. I was so excited to see what he could do with a summer and implement a plan to fire us up the league. Currently, we're firing into the midtable wasteland. It is embarrassing. He's got all these resources at his disposal and quite frankly, he's a rabbit in the headlights facing an inevitable doom.

Lovely man I'm sure. But a football manager who has a clear glass ceiling and has demonstrated he cannot take his work to the next level. 

Today was poor, although we did create chances, but again could not take them. Now i was always a massive Liam fan, but a lot on here and in the stadium said his style was to slow and predictable, I disagreed, saying yes we make mistakes playing out from the back but over time that would improve, alot of fans shouted get it forward quicker when Liam was manager, I believe  Liam tactical knowledge was very good and if given the time he would have done a job, our owner wanted someone proven so Mr Warne came along, now if we do get rid of Warne, any new manager will have to be given time, but after today and the fans reaction, can Mr Clowes keep the faith in Warne, for me sacking managers left right and centre does not work, but also how toxic it has been for Warne recently, can he turn it around, the trouble is, this year most DCFC fans expected promotion, thats why our crowds are so good both home and away, it's not turning out how most had expected or wanted, very tough job for the next manager, as he is going to a club who expects good football, winning football, and promotion, not a easy job, and for me who is in our budget to achieve this, but I can see it going really toxic if we lose on tuesday, then Clowes might have no option but to act, for me give Warne this season, but thats my opinion. 

Edited by DerbyAleMan

I’ve been pretty patient so far.

’give him til Christmas’

‘new team with injuries needs time’

but after a 2 week break with players back and fit and still we can’t pull a decent performance together I am starting to lose faith.

the fundamental point is, with the players we have, we should be really tonking very average league one teams. 
maybe not winnng every game. But certainly not losing and playing badly.

does feel a bit end of Clough/start of Mac 1 territory 

i kinda hope Warne pulls it around

but it does, right now, feel like he’s not got any answers. 

Just now, jimtastic56 said:

Home to Exeter on Tuesday . They have lost 5 on the bounce. Their confidence will be lower than ours. A home win must surely give Warne a chance to make a go of it. Or will the Warne outers not be satisfied ?

It will take much more than a laborious, scrappy home win against a rubbish side to change people's minds.

If we go out and dominate them and look good doing it then I hope it's a wake up call for Warne and reminds him that we should be trying to do that every week. Although I thought that about Blackpool away and look where we are...

2 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Home to Exeter on Tuesday . They have lost 5 on the bounce. Their confidence will be lower than ours. A home win must surely give Warne a chance to make a go of it. Or will the Warne outers not be satisfied ?

Oh for goodness sake. Troll on. Make a go of what? What is going to be better now than in the previous year?

39 minutes ago, SSD said:

I had such high hopes for the bloke. Great record in this division, couldn't take Rotherham any further I assumed due to budgets. Let's see what he can do at a big club. And I think now we've all seen what he is capable of. Nothing.

The bloke hasn't grasped the size of the job at all. Did he really think hitting the ball wide as early as possible and smashing crosses into the box was going go down well with supporters? The good managers evolve their ideas over time. He is expecting really technical footballers to become athletes who can run half a marathon and bulldoze the opposition on the break. No wonder tactically we are all over the place.

This squad is top 6 easily, any half decent manager could at least be competitive. We have the biggest wage budget in the league. And what this manager has produced is nothing short of something I'd expect on a Sunday morning on Alvaston Park. Pathetic, amateur standard of football where crossing the ball gets clapped at like seals on our bench. Bottom half league one teams can easily figure out our game plan within 5 minutes. We've got all these quality midfielders and we still insist on avoiding them at all costs when we attack. It is painful to watch. Is this really the best this squad has to give? 

I'm done with it. I was so excited to see what he could do with a summer and implement a plan to fire us up the league. Currently, we're firing into the midtable wasteland. It is embarrassing. He's got all these resources at his disposal and quite frankly, he's a rabbit in the headlights facing an inevitable doom.

Lovely man I'm sure. But a football manager who has a clear glass ceiling and has demonstrated he cannot take his work to the next level. 

Best post on here today. Couldn't agree more 👏 

10 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

It will take much more than a laborious, scrappy home win against a rubbish side to change people's minds.

If we go out and dominate them and look good doing it then I hope it's a wake up call for Warne and reminds him that we should be trying to do that every week. Although I thought that about Blackpool away and look where we are...

We'll play like absolute turd, win 1-0 and Warne will claim "see? Now we win and everything is fine again, that's how fickle football fans are".

We could play like prime Barcelona and win 48-0. I'd still want him gone.

19 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

I know I've replied twice to this comment so apologies, but now I e answered your question I'm going to flip it around. 

At what point will the 'Give him timers' run out of patience?

3 hours ago, Eatonram said:

One year into a four year contract. He isn’t going anywhere. We just have to be patient. If we played like we did at Blackpool this thread would not exist. 

perhaps the players could bear some responsibility? Just a thought. 

Blackpool hit the post and bar. We took our chances better.

We haven't dominated a league game all season.

I remember when Phil Brown was in charge and there was a rendition of ‘You don’t know what you’re doing’ which rang around Pride Park following a substitution. The tide had already turned on Brown after we lost 6-1 at Coventry.

I sense the tide has turned on Warne now. And if we lose midweek, boos will reverberate around Pride Park. It will be toxic.

31 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Blackpool 1 Derby 3...or even a good away win 😉

26 minutes ago, strawhillram said:

Please resign Warne. 

He may not be very good at this game but I don’t think he is stupid. Wait for the chop and kerching, or the “mutual agreement”. Some very average managers  have made a very good living out of it, just swallow your pride and smile when the bank transfer hits the account.

PS: I am not PW agent