Warne Out Out

Birdyabroad

21 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I know I've replied twice to this comment so apologies, but now I e answered your question I'm going to flip it around. 

At what point will the 'Give him timers' run out of patience?

Only Clowes knows if we can afford to sack Warne and his team . But if the players turn on Warne , then I would say “He has to go “.

3 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

I thought you'd need company.

he genuinely sounds surprised that we cant score. I mean who would have thought it considering we had a massive 3 shots on goal.

Not only is the football bad, its ineffective and boring to watch. We now have to put up with the manager being deluded aswell, thinking we play well

What I find hard to fathom is why managers seem to only have one view on how they want the team to play, and don't adapt to use the players they have at their disposal to get the best out of them and the team.

The worrying thing for me was the post match interview where Warne said the players weren't aggressive enough as the main thing that could have been improved in today's performance. There's no mention of getting the ball down and under control and stringing some passes together.

Perhaps he meant we didn't close down the time and space their players had in midfield in particular, but our games have become incredibly scrappy affairs that more aggression without some football being played won't improve, I fear.

3 hours ago, SSD said:

I had such high hopes for the bloke. Great record in this division, couldn't take Rotherham any further I assumed due to budgets. Let's see what he can do at a big club. And I think now we've all seen what he is capable of. Nothing.

The bloke hasn't grasped the size of the job at all. Did he really think hitting the ball wide as early as possible and smashing crosses into the box was going go down well with supporters? The good managers evolve their ideas over time. He is expecting really technical footballers to become athletes who can run half a marathon and bulldoze the opposition on the break. No wonder tactically we are all over the place.

This squad is top 6 easily, any half decent manager could at least be competitive. We have the biggest wage budget in the league. And what this manager has produced is nothing short of something I'd expect on a Sunday morning on Alvaston Park. Pathetic, amateur standard of football where crossing the ball gets clapped at like seals on our bench. Bottom half league one teams can easily figure out our game plan within 5 minutes. We've got all these quality midfielders and we still insist on avoiding them at all costs when we attack. It is painful to watch. Is this really the best this squad has to give? 

I'm done with it. I was so excited to see what he could do with a summer and implement a plan to fire us up the league. Currently, we're firing into the midtable wasteland. It is embarrassing. He's got all these resources at his disposal and quite frankly, he's a rabbit in the headlights facing an inevitable doom.

Lovely man I'm sure. But a football manager who has a clear glass ceiling and has demonstrated he cannot take his work to the next level. 

Did you know sometimes you need a goal" from a set piece" . it's like listening to a parrot listening to Warne.

23 minutes ago, WestKentRam said:

What I find hard to fathom is why managers seem to only have one view on how they want the team to play, and don't adapt to use the players they have at their disposal to get the best out of them and the team.

The worrying thing for me was the post match interview where Warne said the players weren't aggressive enough as the main thing that could have been improved in today's performance. There's no mention of getting the ball down and under control and stringing some passes together.

Perhaps he meant we didn't close down the time and space their players had in midfield in particular, but our games have become incredibly scrappy affairs that more aggression without some football being played won't improve, I fear.

Because many, like Warne, are poor technical coaches. We won’t ever play McClaren esque football under Warne because he doesn’t know how to coach it.

PW’s body language seems to have changed he keeps his eyes down when being interviewed, he also rambles. I think he continues to talk to avoid the interviewer asking him a difficult question.

It’s ok being the nice guy when things are going well but how is he going to handle himself now that the pressure and spotlight are on him.

Edited by Elwood P Dowd

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

Because many, like Warne, are poor technical coaches. We won’t ever play McClaren esque football under Warne because he doesn’t know how to coach it.

That's fair comment.

Weirdly as a League 1 side we seem to have recruited a League 1 manager.

Pep was obviously tied up that day. 

3 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

Only Clowes knows if we can afford to sack Warne and his team . But if the players turn on Warne , then I would say “He has to go “.

About a year ago I arranged a meeting with a customer in a hotel bar close to where Derby were playing that evening. It was a large, open plan area with just the three of us sat around a table with laptops open. A few minutes later Derby County arrived which made things interesting. For a couple of hours it was just us and them to the extent that Richie Barker was holding quite long one to one meetings with players a couple of tables down from us (couldn't really hear what he was saying and have our meeting unfortunately). The thing that concerned me was how flat it felt, the players hardly spoke to each other. I'm not advocating for clowning around whilst representing the club but this felt too far the other direction and strange.

This is only my interpretation, but two hours is a long time to watch a group of people for and it's really nagged at me ever since.

2 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

That's fair comment.

Not all League One managers are percentage hoof merchants. 

Nobody is asking for Pep. 

But somebody who can actually get us playing some entertaining football with a resemblance of a plan would be nice.

Warne football is just rubbish on the eye. It may have worked for him at Rotherham in the same way Phil Brown had success at Hull or Aidy Boothroyd at Watford.

I don’t care if people view me as entitled. I just want my team to play entertaining football, win or lose.

Here are 15 signs of an ineffective football manager:

Consistently poor results: If a manager is unable to achieve positive results on a regular basis, it could be a sign of poor tactics, team selection, or man-management skills.

Inability to recognize bad players: A manager who is unable to identify the strengths and weaknesses of his players may struggle to build a cohesive team.

Over-reliance on wonderkids: While signing young, talented players can be beneficial, relying too heavily on them can be risky and may not lead to sustained success.

Lack of adaptability: A manager who is unable or unwilling to adjust his tactics or team selection based on the opposition or changing circumstances may struggle to achieve consistent results.

Poor communication skills: A manager who is unable to effectively communicate with his players, staff, or fans may struggle to build a positive team culture.

Inability to handle player interactions: A manager who is unable to manage the personalities and egos of his players may struggle to maintain team morale and cohesion.

Lack of attention to detail: A manager who is unable to pay attention to the small details of the game, such as set pieces or individual player instructions, may struggle to gain an edge over the opposition.

Poor man-management skills: A manager who is unable to motivate his players or build a positive team culture may struggle to get the best out of his squad.

Inability to handle pressure: A manager who is unable to handle the pressure of high expectations or a poor run of form may struggle to maintain his composure and make effective decisions.

Lack of a clear vision or strategy: A manager who is unable to articulate a clear vision or strategy for his team may struggle to build a cohesive and successful squad.

Inability to reverse poor form: A manager who is unable to reverse a run of poor form may struggle to motivate his players and get them back on track.

Lack of accountability: A manager who is unwilling to take responsibility for his team's poor performance may struggle to gain the respect and trust of his players and fans.

Poor recruitment: A manager who consistently signs players who do not fit the team's style of play or who are not of sufficient quality may struggle to build a competitive squad.

Inability to develop young players: A manager who is unable to develop young players and give them opportunities to play may struggle to build a sustainable team for the future.

Lack of tactical flexibility: A manager who is unable to adjust his tactics to suit different opponents or situations may struggle to achieve consistent results and may be predictable to the opposition.

It is important to note that these signs are not definitive and may not apply to all managers. Additionally, some of these signs may be more indicative of a manager who is inexperienced or still learning the ropes, rather than one who is inherently ineffective.

5 hours ago, WestKentRam said:

I’d actually agree with Warne there - at least for the first 70 minutes. They wanted it more than we did, and it showed.

We have no problem stringing passes together… across our back line, ad infinitum… or until Cashin eventually plays it forward, and we usually lose it soon afterwards. On multiple occasions we also managed to convert attacking positions (ie halfway into the Shrewsbury half) into defensive passing drills. It’s incredible to watch. A throw-in near their area, skilfully sprayed all the way back to Nyambe, then into Nelson, then Cashin… 🤦🏻‍♂️

Another god dam awful performance followed by the same old drivel from Warne in his interview

Never before now have i been a Warne out but im afraid he as to go, we are a million miles from were we need to be in terms of quality, performances and league position,we are 13 points behind Portsmouth after only 12 games already,just not good enough

I look every week at the two starting lineups and we should be walking this League,take yesterday there was not a single Shrewsbury player i would of selected in front of our team in any position which suggests there is something wrong either on the training pitch or behind the scenes

Yes the Blackpool away win was ok but then to get only 2 point from Cambridge,Cheltenham and Shrewsbury is criminal.

The biggest question is can Clowes afford the pay off and in tern attract someone to take over this mess,i can see at least Bird and Cashin moving on in Jan which will make us worse as a football team

6 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

That's fair comment.

Must have dreamed Schumacher being a league 1 manager last season playing technically good and more importantly effective football on a budget.