Warne Out Out

Birdyabroad

40 minutes ago, Justa said:

Totally agree it was very flat - I watched the south stand and even they were pretty quiet and couldn’t start the bounce !

It's almost as if they were scared of being seen to enjoy themselves.

There has been some pretty aggressive bullying of people who don't agree with the Warne out rhetoric at matches - I have witnessed it.

I think the core group of singers, who keep going all match whatever the response, were excellent again last night.

There is quite a good response from some areas of North Stand, too. 

But it was also notable last night that the players were celebrating more amongst themselves than with the fans. They, too, have been subject to some abuse.

If the team can build from here, the atmosphere will come back. But it will take time to rebuild trust on  both sides.

1 hour ago, Eatonram said:

I’ve no problem with you saying my comment was sneering or Barney calling me a bell end (very nice). As I said to him I’ve supported Derby for 55 years and seen these poor runs dozens of times. The Warne Outers have been vile IMO with personal and irrelevant attacks on how he looks, talks and dresses using any reason to get to him and it clearly has. They have moved on from legitimate concerns to a on line bullying and harassment. Last night needing someone else to attack they went back to Collins…..who’d have guessed. 

You've made a lot of generalisations and group a lot of people in with the 'extremists' to make a point. As one of the more vocal "Outers", I'm sure you'll find a number of my posts where I've made "personal and irrelevant attacks on how [Warne] looks, talks and dresses" and following last night's win, the posts where I've been attacking Collins. In fact, since all "Outers" are as you describe, you shouldn't have much problem finding 10 "personal and irrelevant attacks" on Warne or Collins from 10 different people.

50 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

You've made a lot of generalisations and group a lot of people in with the 'extremists' to make a point. As one of the more vocal "Outers", I'm sure you'll find a number of my posts where I've made "personal and irrelevant attacks on how [Warne] looks, talks and dresses" and following last night's win, the posts where I've been attacking Collins. In fact, since all "Outers" are as you describe, you shouldn't have much problem finding 10 "personal and irrelevant attacks" on Warne or Collins from 10 different people.

Imagine my shock when I saw who liked this post. Misery really does love company 😂

(You're right in most of what you say, just thought it was funny) 

The most important thing Warne needs now is consistency. If we played like we did last night, he’d have next to nobody wanting him out, even if we did come off 3-1 losers to Stevenage.

We have showed on a couple of occasions that we can play good football and get good results, if we just revert back to poor football and poor results, it’s even more frustrating.

He deserves credit for the victory last night in the same way as he deserves criticism for games like Saturday. If we just perform hot & cold, we aren’t going to progress. Hopefully it’s something to build on.

On 31/10/2023 at 09:44, Jayram said:

I’m not precious about us being in this league for another couple of seasons. I could live with that if the football was decent and progressive, but it isn’t. It’s absolutely awful, the same thing week in week out. I want to be entertained, to watch creative exciting football, but instead I have to endure Warne’s repetitive hoofball at places like Stevenage where I spent my hard earned yet again to watch the same failings. The mate I was there with was at Shrewsbury the week before watching the same thing again. He’s going through a divorce and money is tight but he goes to matches for a bit of a break from the strain of it all. My dad has terminal cancer and like my friend watching the Rams is a break from the strain of that. This is the point I think some of Warne’s adherents fail to see; football is meant to be entertaining, but Warne’s football philosophy is sucking the life out of the club and turning a lot of Rams fans away. In an era where the cost of living dictates what people spend their money on, the club have to be careful that the unconditional backing of Warne doesn’t cost them revenue that will be badly needed at this level of football going forward. 

Well I'm certainly not 'adherent' to Warne or his style of football, in any way. However Mr Clowes probably has stick with it, considering it was his appointment as well as the decision on the the 4yr contract. I would have been quite happy for Liam to continue, but it has to be remembered that there were plenty of supporters in the stands (and on this forum) moaning big time about the football under LR. 

So we managed to get a much needed win when the pressure was on, albeit against a very poor side (their number 12 at the back should receive the freedom of Derby 😂).

Crewe away, who are doing well this season will be a test but it’s the next league game against Barnsley where we will get a clear indication about where our ambitions lie for this season. Will we see us try to impose ourselves on a promotion hopeful using an easier on the eye style of play or will we see more of the usual local league direct play?

If it’s the latter then Tuesdays win will be an already distant memory.

The stadium needs to be bouncing from the start to give the players no excuse. 

And stop singling players out! 

On 31/10/2023 at 17:10, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

While caving in to fan backlash is obviously wrong, sacking him after Saturday's game wouldn't have necessarily meant he was caving into fan pressure. The pressure is building because we've been crap, which is going to correlate with an increased likelihood of a sacking.

I don't know if it's possible to tell whether a sacking is due to fan pressure or not tbh.

Not related to the above but I see you are trending on Twitter @DarkFruitsRam7

image.png.96f58d5f4ad089d6ddf3df094e86bccb.png

On 31/10/2023 at 13:03, CongletonRam said:

Good job the owner doesn't agree with you. 😀

Eh? I bet if the owner saw what you wrote he’d probably agree that you were talking twaddle about our younger fans. 

Just because he supports his manager doesn’t mean he agrees with your sweeping generalisation of a whole section of the fan base.