Warne Out Out

Birdyabroad

It would be foolish to suddenly think everything is rosey again after one performance.

But if tonight was anything to go by then maybe Warne has got the ability to change, adapt and improve us. That was the first time I think I’ve really enjoyed watching us this season. Let’s kick on now and go on a run! 🐏

Edited by Nuwtfly

28 minutes ago, Birdyabroad said:

I’ve been waiting for someone to come on here and rub the ‘Warne Out’ brigade noses in it.

I think it may miss the point.

I actually WANT Derby to win, I would love Paul Warne to be successful, I would want Darth Vader with the emperor as his number 2 to be successful if it meant getting back to the Premier League.

But WANTING someone to be successful and BELIEVING they will are two different things.

If I go to the dentist with a toothache, I WANT them to tell me it’s okay and I can go home and eat a family size packet of peanut M&M’s, but I BELIEVE they’ll most probably tell me I need a filling.

So, am I happy Derby won tonight, absolutely, am I happy Warne won, completely, do I think we’ve turned a corner, we’ll have to wait and see, but I pray we have.

So, whether you’re in the In, Out or Shake-it-all-about camp, I feel we all want the same thing, and that’s a successful Derby County that plays the kind of football we saw tonight.

If this is the launchpad for something better than we’ve been served this season, then I’ll be the first to start the ‘Warne In In’ thread 😎

When you read comments on here prior to the game saying that things will turn toxic if we lose the game tonight then that kind of sums things up.

Unhelpful and unnessary comment I can imagine only to artificially stoke some imaginary fire under Warne.

So please leave off the comments about rubbing people noses in it as there are enough people on here whom do have a sense of proportion after either a good win or a poor defeat. 

32 minutes ago, CongletonRam said:

An opinion to demand the removal of Warne without factoring in the finances is child-like.

It's not though is it, fair enough you don't agree with those actively wanting Warne out, I disagree with most also, but come on... 

Calling it child-like doesn't really allow for any kind of discussion and it's comments like this which gets others backs up and return fire on you. Then we get the reports roll in, the moderators have to get out of bed, put the Pringles down and start removing posts.

I mean, technically I could pull these posts under the personal insults/inflammatory rule, which let's be honest, that's exactly what it is, although it would be nice if this post to you will make you think, ok, fair enough I'll stop now because there is no need. Especially on a night where we've won 4-0 and even the most ardent Warne Out fan would be in a good mood right now. Why ruin that?

Side note, tonight shows why these type of threads are terrible. Lose and everyone gets fired up with their venomous posts, win and the told you so mob come out. 

But yeah, it's a forum for all opinions, respect others even if you disagree, if we all do that, this forum would be a better place to stay online longer and help me buy that super yacht I have my eye on.

14 minutes ago, CongletonRam said:

An opinion to demand the removal of Warne without factoring in the finances is child-like.

And an opinion that we should back Warne 'whatever' without factoring whether he's suitable for the development of the club in long term because you're too focused on the short term goal of promotion is...?

Your failure to see that people's concerns about Warne are based on what happens to us 4-5 years down the line while your only concern is the next 1-2, all the you claim the it's others who are the stupid ones is quite astonishing 

1 hour ago, CongletonRam said:

The reason I believe it's mostly young fans is because i cannot think that any supporter of reasoned mind that would think the owner should sack Warne at this current time.

It doesn't make any financial sense whatsoever and fortunately, our owner knows this.

Well that condescending post of the year award wrapped up.

Congratulations 

Just got back from the game - was that Derby County I just saw ?

Really positive performance, for the first time in goodness knows how long we played with a purpose. Worked hard when we lost the ball and made spaces to pass and move when we had the ball. Washington led by example and had an excellent game !

They were perhaps the worst side I have ever seen, they didn’t press, didn’t make things difficult for us and gave us way too much space.

So I guess I’ve been a moaner but I gave the team and manager my full support tonight - I really hope we have turned a corner - tonight needs to be a benchmark and yes I’ll be moaning again if we can’t reach it !

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

Do you have any evidence to back this up?

It's my understanding that no Championship club in the past few years has been generating an operating profit, but to be fair I can't remember the original source. I know Deloitte have does an annual review on football finances. 

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/championship-revenue-player-wages-2411424

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

It's my understanding that no Championship club in the past few years has been generating an operating profit, but to be fair I can't remember the original source. I know Deloitte have does an annual review on football finances. 

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/championship-revenue-player-wages-2411424

There was a post on hereabouts earlier, someone said that interview in the Athletic said it?

14 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

It would be foolish to suddenly think everything is rosey again after one performance.

But if tonight was anything to go by then maybe Warne has got the ability to change, adapt and improve us. That was the first time I think I’ve really enjoyed watching us this season. Let’s kick on now and go on a run! 🐏

It was a bit strange tonight being 3-0 up and only 25% of us in the South stand wanted to Bounce. I know The cobblers were tragic and probably the most lazy bunch of players I have ever seen , but I think there are still bridges to be built between fans and management.

That's the kind of football we want to see. The vast majority of Warne out posters don't have a personal gripe with him, they just want to see attractive football on a consistent basis.

Northampton were awful though. Playing a high line with barely any press is suicidal.

The proof of the pudding will be, can we play like that against better and/or more aggressive teams.

11 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Do you have any evidence to back this up?

IMG_4935.thumb.png.5a66e96d9fe0dee125b76c8c77430f48.png

This is a Matt Slater comment on a recent Athletic article he wrote after being a guest of Pearce’s at the Exeter game. 

Believe finances around football are very much his matter of expertise. I suspect we are not sustainable in the true sense of the word I.e profit making, but losses will be sensible as far as that can be the case.

Realistically I think in most cases only player trading can make a club profitable. So I do hope we make progress on creating some saleable assets in the squad but understand why we’ve not been able to do much of that as yet. 

27 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

When you read comments on here prior to the game saying that things will turn toxic if we lose the game tonight then that kind of sums things up.

Unhelpful and unnessary comment I can imagine only to artificially stoke some imaginary fire under Warne.

So please leave off the comments about rubbing people noses in it as there are enough people on here whom do have a sense of proportion after either a good win or a poor defeat. 

That being said, we are 100% winning this league

21 minutes ago, Justa said:

They were perhaps the worst side I have ever seen, they didn’t press, didn’t make things difficult for us and gave us way too much space.

I thought in an excellent performance but it is a struggle to look beyond this analysis especially when we had similar games last season.

I enjoyed it a lot but even with such a win the atmosphere was flat and the main noise you could hear was their fans booing - considering they're a newly promoted team who should probably not expect to match up with was quite surprising.

13 minutes ago, sage said:

That's the kind of football we want to see. The vast majority of Warne out posters don't have a personal gripe with him, they just want to see attractive football on a consistent basis.

Northampton were awful though. Playing a high line with barely any press is suicidal.

The proof of the pudding will be, can we play like that against better and/or more aggressive teams.

I’d like to see the ability to play like that AND play in a more….erm…agricultural manner too, plans a and b, eventually maybe a plan c too….but baby steps and all that. 

31 minutes ago, David said:

It's not though is it, fair enough you don't agree with those actively wanting Warne out, I disagree with most also, but come on... 

Calling it child-like doesn't really allow for any kind of discussion and it's comments like this which gets others backs up and return fire on you. Then we get the reports roll in, the moderators have to get out of bed, put the Pringles down and start removing posts.

I mean, technically I could pull these posts under the personal insults/inflammatory rule, which let's be honest, that's exactly what it is, although it would be nice if this post to you will make you think, ok, fair enough I'll stop now because there is no need. Especially on a night where we've won 4-0 and even the most ardent Warne Out fan would be in a good mood right now. Why ruin that?

Side note, tonight shows why these type of threads are terrible. Lose and everyone gets fired up with their venomous posts, win and the told you so mob come out. 

But yeah, it's a forum for all opinions, respect others even if you disagree, if we all do that, this forum would be a better place to stay online longer and help me buy that super yacht I have my eye on.

I agree Dave, and I take that back.

Let's call it frustration of many on here that fail to consider finances. I love discussion, but so many seem to have made up their mind up on PW without wanting to listen to discussion on financial implications amongst other points.

But I do take your point fully.