Post Cambridge Warne Out Poll

IslandExile

When should we part with Warne?  

316 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

He's a disgrace to this football club.

I think the fans can put up with midtable if they can see us trying to play actual football & bringing through youngsters & can see progress.

Warne isnt a long or short term solution. His football & tactics are terrible & i have no trust in him to take us forward or have another transfer window.

Its worse than Phil Brown 

Why don't we leave anyone up when the opposition have a corner? It seems as though we are afraid to score a goal.

Warne is massively out of his depth, massively. Stick with him and we are toast this season.

Cambridge were one of the worse teams I have seen and we couldn't beat them.

Curtis Nelson does look a decent player however.

Edited by MackworthRamIsGod

Today was my tipping point. 

He talks a good game but what actually ends up on the pitch is so far removed from that. Pressing? We don’t do it. Pace? Didn’t bother signing any. So what does that leave us with?

First half was ok. Individual errors and pace of play the main issues. However, you could see Cambridge were comfortable pushing us down the sides and knowing our cross would be bad, no one would be in the box or we would turn around and go back. There was no central threat with Waghorn hiding and Collins not moving. No one wanted it and wanted to be creative in there. 

Then the second half hits… he waits 25 minutes to change it despite it being obvious after just 5 minutes of the second half that literally nothing had changed. We were still doing the same thing and still playing slowly. 

The sub he made? Puts our most creative, attacking central player wide left. Absolutely genius move. So not only did it not help, it removed the balance of having an actual wide player out there. Then he kept Korey Smith on until 2 minutes to go despite wanting 3-5 business days on the ball every time he touched it, and the ineffectual Collins ambling about. 

All in all, it’s showed me he’s either watching a different game or cannot put across his ideas, or both. Regardless, that’s me tapping out. I tried, I really did. But I want someone else now. 

1 hour ago, G-Ram said:

He's a disgrace to this football club.

I think the fans can put up with midtable if they can see us trying to play actual football & bringing through youngsters & can see progress.

Warne isnt a long or short term solution. His football & tactics are terrible & i have no trust in him to take us forward or have another transfer window.

Its worse than Phil Brown 

He might not be good for Derby, he might not play the football we all crave, he may not lead us to promotion but to describe him as “a disgrace to this football club” is frankly, a disgraceful thing to say IMO.

50 minutes ago, Srg said:

Today was my tipping point. 

He talks a good game but what actually ends up on the pitch is so far removed from that. Pressing? We don’t do it. Pace? Didn’t bother signing any. So what does that leave us with?

First half was ok. Individual errors and pace of play the main issues. However, you could see Cambridge were comfortable pushing us down the sides and knowing our cross would be bad, no one would be in the box or we would turn around and go back. There was no central threat with Waghorn hiding and Collins not moving. No one wanted it and wanted to be creative in there. 

Then the second half hits… he waits 25 minutes to change it despite it being obvious after just 5 minutes of the second half that literally nothing had changed. We were still doing the same thing and still playing slowly. 

The sub he made? Puts our most creative, attacking central player wide left. Absolutely genius move. So not only did it not help, it removed the balance of having an actual wide player out there. Then he kept Korey Smith on until 2 minutes to go despite wanting 3-5 business days on the ball every time he touched it, and the ineffectual Collins ambling about. 

All in all, it’s showed me he’s either watching a different game or cannot put across his ideas, or both. Regardless, that’s me tapping out. I tried, I really did. But I want someone else now. 

Spot on. I was there and couldn't work out what Collins was doing other than waiting for a cross. We desperately need to have a centre forward that the ball can be played in to, I'm hoping what we have can, but today Derby were so 1 dimensional and it looked quite easy for Cambridge 

We played better tonight than we did at Carlisle.

Bird for Smith when he is fit will help at home.

We just needed one of the CM to take a chance stepping up to the edge of the box when we are pitting crosses in for a weak header or pull back. Also one of the CMs has to be available for a winger or full back when they cut inside.

Take the 2 sitters of headers and its a different day 

Just now, sage said:

We just needed one of the CM to take a chance stepping up to the edge of the box when we are pitting crosses in for a weak header or pull back. Also one of the CMs has to be available for a winger or full back when they cut inside.

That's never going to happen while we only play two midfielders, both of whom have to be aware of their defensive responsibilities. 

I miss 4-3-3! 

1 minute ago, sage said:

Why don't the midfielders do that?

Could it be that the man in charge has told them not to?

Just now, angieram said:

That's never going to happen while we only play two midfielders, both of whom have to be aware of their defensive responsibilities. 

I miss 4-3-3! 

It only meant one of them being 3 or 4 yards forward 7 or 8 times in a game. 

It should be possible.