Post Cambridge Warne Out Poll

IslandExile

When should we part with Warne?  

316 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 minutes ago, Miggins said:

I agree although I'm currently on the fence and waiting to see what happens before Christmas. I really like Paul Warne as a person and hope that he can sort things out before it all goes sour. It is sad to see talented players sometimes looking unsure of what they should be doing and their natural talents stifled. I'm really hoping it will all come good.

The fact people look unsure of what they should be doing when the manager has been here for a year should be a massive red flag to everyone.

1 hour ago, davenportram said:

We create a lot more than 3-4 chances in every game we play. A lot more. 

Proper, genuine goalscoring chances where you'd expect the striker to score? Do we?

We we regularly come away from games saying 'if only such and such hasn't missed that chance...' or is it more common that we say blame the ref or say that the 'final ball was lacking', indicating we could/should have created a chance but didn't.

40 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Which is exactly what I said in my final paragraph and doesn't alter the fact that you were referring to the outcome of a poll. Remember, all I said to start this little exchange, is that the number of people who voted was too low to be able to draw any significance from it (or words to that effect).

And as I have said if anything it probably understates the level of dis-satisfaction on the ground. I don’t think I can ever recall such unhappiness amongst Rams fans ever. 

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

We currently rank 15th for key passes per game, 17th from open play.

17th for total shots, 22nd for shots on target, 21st for shots in open play!

Prior to yesterday, we ranked 14th for expected goals in open play (7th with set pieces - 3 expected).

Aren't the alarm bells ringing yet?

Yet we are 7th for chance completion. Yep chances are being made and we will. Get results

IMG_7229.thumb.png.9b7fd4b30217d44b11dd9beefbad7012.png

6 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

And as I have said if anything it probably understates the level of dis-satisfaction on the ground. I don’t think I can ever recall such unhappiness amongst Rams fans ever. 

Did I ever suggest that supporters weren't dissatisfied or unhappy? 

Who would have guessed that a fairly innocent comment questioning the validity of a poll, any poll, which such a low response rate would trigger such a prolonged debate? 🤷‍♀️ A poll incidentally that was about the manager being sacked immediately or in the morning - not about actual happiness/satisfaction levels. Just because some people voted not to sack him right now doesn't mean they are happy or satisfied (me included).

20 hours ago, Rev said:

Once you accept that we're quite a poor team, it becomes easier to cope with such results.

We're going nowhere this season, season two of the plan wasted by October, yet nothing will change.

Maybe Warne will stumble on a solution next season, maybe he won't. 

He's already stumbled on a gem with Ryan Nyambe, would'nt be with us if Rooney, Ward etc were fit. What we need now is a few injuries to the forward line and we might see Dajaune Brown put in the team. And maybe Warne might have stumbled on a goalscorer.

I have only been to two home league games this season despite having a season ticket so I missed the Fleetwood win and it seems that the 1-0 win vs Burton (penalty) last season was the last time I have seen us win since February 🙄 The most disappointing thing is the sheer lack of goals as most games seem to be us netting one goal a game at best before we resort to five at the back to lose the lead😉

19 hours ago, Brammie Steve said:

Remind me someone……

How many did we lose by today?

How negative is our goal difference?

When did we drop into the bottom six?

No team has the divine right to expect three points per game!

We played Cambridge, who missed relegation by one point last season, we should be beating teams of their standards if we want to be in the promotion mix. Especially at home where under Warne we have only won 2 league games since the begining of March. Yes that 11 matches with just 2 wins, both a miserly 1-0 result.

30 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

We played Cambridge, who missed relegation by one point last season, we should be beating teams of their standards if we want to be in the promotion mix. Especially at home where under Warne we have only won 2 league games since the begining of March. Yes that 11 matches with just 2 wins, both a miserly 1-0 result.

precisely-on-schedule-right-on-schedule.gif

3 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

We currently rank 15th for key passes per game, 17th from open play.

17th for total shots, 22nd for shots on target, 21st for shots in open play!

Prior to yesterday, we ranked 14th for expected goals in open play (7th with set pieces - 3 expected).

Aren't the alarm bells ringing yet?

Supports my belief in reversion to the mean and the associated belief that we've actually picked up more points so far than our performances have deserved.

Our performances have to improve significantly in all facets.

33 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

precisely-on-schedule-right-on-schedule.gif

Where is the controversy in what was said? If we are going in to a home tie against a team that narrowly missed relegation last season we should go in as favourites with a reasonable expectation of winning the game.

If we now consider expecting to beat Cambridge United at home as arrogant or out of order then our expectations are far too low and we need to collectively get a grip.

2 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Where is the controversy in what was said? If we are going in to a home tie against a team that narrowly missed relegation last season we should go in as favourites with a reasonable expectation of winning the game.

If we now consider expecting to beat Cambridge United at home as arrogant or out of order then our expectations are far too low and we need to collectively get a grip.

Obviously Cambridge didn't read the script that they should have abjectly capitulated Infront of our home crowd then slunk off to East Anglia after the game 

6 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Obviously Cambridge didn't read the script that they should have abjectly capitulated Infront of our home crowd then slunk off to East Anglia after the game 

Indeed, I imagine they realised they paid us too much respect!

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

Nobody expects opposition teams to capitulate and it's nonsense to suggest that's what I meant.

What I expect is our management team to better utilise the superior budget and squad of players that they have at their disposal. That is not currently happening. I'd be happy to advocate for patience if I had any sign that things are getting better.

11 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Nobody expects opposition teams to capitulate and it's nonsense to suggest that's what I meant.

What I expect is our management team to better utilise the superior budget and squad of players that they have at their disposal. That is not currently happening. I'd be happy to advocate for patience if I had any sign that things are getting better.

I was being facetious with the capitulate comment.

Maybe we should have a match up of the FIFA players rankings cards before the game then our superior squad would win, no need to play the match.

Sorry being facetious again.