Post Cambridge Warne Out Poll

IslandExile

When should we part with Warne?  

316 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, sage said:

That, I wouldn't dispute.

Maybe a future Bird and Fornah combo would solve that issue.

Funnily enough, Bird was playing much further forward and getting to the edge of the box earlier in the season. But we were playing three at the back then, I think?

11 minutes ago, angieram said:

Funnily enough, Bird was playing much further forward and getting to the edge of the box earlier in the season. But we were playing three at the back then, I think?

Yes. 3 at the back.

It really isn't a major change. Just getting to some those loose balls on the edge of the box and offering a square pass 22 yards out.

It's just one of them pushing on 3 or 4 yards occasionally.

2 hours ago, G-Ram said:

He's a disgrace to this football club.

I think the fans can put up with midtable if they can see us trying to play actual football & bringing through youngsters & can see progress.

Warne isnt a long or short term solution. His football & tactics are terrible & i have no trust in him to take us forward or have another transfer window.

Its worse than Phil Brown 

Can't have that. We weren't great second half but nowhere near as bad as those last 6 games of Phil Brown. 

2 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Why don't we leave anyone up when the opposition have a corner? It seems as though we are afraid to score a goal.

Warne is massively out of his depth, massively. Stick with him and we are toast this season.

Cambridge were one of the worse teams I have seen and we couldn't beat them.

Curtis Nelson does look a decent player however.

Where have u been for the last 10 years, Nearly every manger weve had for however long does this 

and most teams in the country 

2 minutes ago, Magicman said:

Out of the recruitment this summer only Nelson, Nyambe & Fornah have made their mark . Ward & Wilson in parts due to injury have shown they will be worth keeping but Bradley Elder Waggy and Washington not going to make it. 

Bit early to write off Elder I think. And it wasn't long ago that Waggy was scoring a very fine hat-trick at Peterborough (though he's been well and truly off it these last 2 games).

But Bradley was shot before he came here (on the authority of a Luton fan).

As for Washington, he doesn't look the greatest by any means but I'm not sure what he's meant to do with 20 minutes chasing a hoof or harrying defenders. He'll do both of those things gamely enough but I don't see it leading to much. We were told he is good at running on to through balls and we saw some sign of that in earlier games. But if we're not picking players who play through balls... (?!)

2 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Why don't we leave anyone up when the opposition have a corner? It seems as though we are afraid to score a goal

Back in the Arthur Cox days it was a regular complaint from the fans that we never left anyone up when defending a set-piece. I didn't like it either. Cox defended this tactic with "we attack as a team and we defend as a team". We didn't do too badly under Cox.

We have been like this since Wycombe away last season. I was hoping id seen shoots of a recovery last 2 games but i really didnt. For all the people who say we played well...Wildsmith made more saves than Cambridge's keeper. We have won 2 out the last 14 at home. Burton and Fleetwood. Both 1-0. Burton win was a penalty. Its a year in now and Warne's best players are still the ones Rosenoir brought in or had coached before he became manager. The substitutions today were an absolute joke. For a team sitting deep...what does Washington offer? For Sibley to come on and play wide tells u everything. Barkhuizen taken off??? Why??? I know hes been out a while but...Why???...Bored and see nothing but bland nothingless. Does Stevie Mac fancy Part 3??? That Rosenoir is doing ok too. One for the future that lad. 

27 minutes ago, davenportram said:

Sorry but we played decent stuff just couldn’t score when we had pressure on. Get grip, put your big boy pants on and realise that we have no divine right to promotion because we’re Derby County - big club who shouldn’t be in League 1.

Whatever camp you might be in  to say just couldn’t score when we had pressure on  is delusional , there is far more wrong than that.

50 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Hang on, we had loads of possession today and did lots of short passes, I thought that is what the angry mob were after?

This. Why aren't the 'angry mob' happy?

There were that many crab like (sideways) passes I thought I was having dejevue moments and watching Rosenior's team again! It's not what I want to watch, it just bores the pants off me.