Post Cambridge Warne Out Poll

IslandExile

When should we part with Warne?  

316 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

13 minutes ago, David said:

Is it not time to put an end to these post match in or out polls, if you're going to swing either way based on a single result? I'm not sure what to say.

There was a famous vote a few years ago, many didn't get the result they wanted and wanted to vote again until they got the result they wanted.

This kinda stinks of that now.

Voted in the first poll, haven't voted since as the time period specified in my first vote hasn't elapsed yet.

Would rather spend my energy getting behind the team.

6 minutes ago, David said:

If I have beans on toast one Monday, that doesn't mean I want beans on toast every Monday.

The poll I created had not previously been done, I chucked out a couple more to show how pathetic they are. What has followed is nothing short of embarrassing.

Weekly in out polls? Come on.

It sounds like is that we need a poll to decide if we should keep making polls each week.

9 minutes ago, David said:

If I have beans on toast one Monday, that doesn't mean I want beans on toast every Monday.

The poll I created had not previously been done, I chucked out a couple more to show how pathetic they are. What has followed is nothing short of embarrassing.

Weekly in out polls? Come on.

There was a second poll a few weeks later done if good faith. All subsequent ones were trolling designed to muddy the waters and stifle debate.

I agree, pathetic. Embarrassing.   

8 minutes ago, sage said:

There was a second poll a few weeks later done if good faith. All subsequent ones were trolling designed to muddy the waters and stifle debate.

I agree, pathetic. Embarrassing.   

Stifle debate? Behave, Paul Warne's position is the only thing that's being discussed on this forum, daily.

Haven't been arsed to come on myself since the Cambridge game as I know it would be the same repetitive "debates".

The last few weeks have made me miss the old Chris Martin topics.

1 minute ago, David said:

Stifle debate? Behave, Paul Warne's position is the only thing that's being discussed on this forum, daily.

Haven't been arsed to come on myself since the Cambridge game as I know it would be the same repetitive "debates".

It is repetitive, though much of it is Warne supporters claiming others are in a minority. Now if we had signed Chris Martin...😀

2 minutes ago, sage said:

It is repetitive, though much of it is Warne supporters claiming others are in a minority. Now if we had signed Chris Martin...😀

I can't talk on behalf of those that say Warne Outers are the minority.

My guess is though they are referring to the same few loud voices on this forum, not that the wider fan base are Warne Inners.

Not sure how anyone could claim either way, you can only go on the circles you're in or sat around at PP.

Just now, David said:

I can't talk on behalf of those that say Warne Outers are the minority.

My guess is though they are referring to the same few loud voices on this forum, not that the wider fan base are Warne Inners.

Not sure how anyone could claim either way, you can only go on the circles you're in or sat around at PP.

Sounds like the only answer is to have some sort of vote 😆

You are right about the same posters. Last week there were around 20 consecutive posts by the same 4 posters. 

6 minutes ago, David said:

I did the post match poll a bit tongue in cheek but also was interested to see whether certain number of people were just so entrenched that no matter the results or performances they would never shift from adopted position of warne is the devil incarnated, jeez I’ve even seen it posted that it’s a disgrace that a bloke with 3 promotions from league one was in charge of derby county in league one trying to get promotion 🤷🏻‍♂️, the hyperbole and level of vitriol aimed at warne by some is beyond rational 

1 minute ago, sage said:

Sounds like the only answer is to have some sort of vote 😆

You are right about the same posters. Last week there were around 20 consecutive posts by the same 4 posters. 

I’ve been fairly regular in posting on the subject but am not a ferocious warne in merchant I just find some of the warne out stuff way over the top with him blamed for everything and credited with nothing 

It's going to take more than one result or performance to push people who want Warne out to reconsider, likewise for people who want Warne to be given time.

Regular polls are pointless, I agree. I'll just keep voting to get rid of him until I see a consistent level of improvement. I genuinely hope he proves me wrong.

Edited by JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta

2 hours ago, David said:

Just think some social self awareness is needed at times, I've made my voice heard, time to let others have their say kinda thing.

Hard when you're super passionate over a particular viewpoint, guilty of it myself.

The daft thing is that the Warne outers will get their way at some point. It’s 99% certain that he will be sacked. At which point they can say ‘told you so’/‘thank God’/I was right’ whatever 

A poll free and supportive period until that moment would probably help the rest of us. And make this forum as interesting as it used to be. Don’t suppose that’s going to happen though. 

1 hour ago, ilkleyram said:

The daft thing is that the Warne outers will get their way at some point. It’s 99% certain that he will be sacked. At which point they can say ‘told you so’/‘thank God’/I was right’ whatever 

A poll free and supportive period until that moment would probably help the rest of us. And make this forum as interesting as it used to be. Don’t suppose that’s going to happen though. 

I do confess to half enjoying the warne in warne out cut and thrust simply because that’s football fans and we are back to being football fans again after what we’ve been through with the club and the real possibility that we , our little corner of derby fans were never going to have that passionate disagree/debate again , yes I could give a view on whether it’s time the latest chelsea manager was sacked but my heart wouldn’t be in it , it’s not the same as telling roy Mac he talks rubbish one minute and being excited / celebrating over a game or result with him the next 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by Archied

33 minutes ago, davenportram said:

We’ll I I enjoyed that tonight

So did I from 35 mins on, although not for a brief spell 2nd half (can't have everything)

As I've always maintained though it doesn't change my overall,.long term view of us under Warne  or my  impression of him as a manager suitable for when we go up.

As long as he shows signs of tactical learning he's good..

Tonight he did some things we "negative, Warne-haters'' have been crying out for him to do but we've done that as an away side and slight underdogs... which suits him.

It's a victory but the 'war' ahead will be decided on  on more than tonight.

Keep it up and everyone (reasonable) will be happy...ish, at least for our short to medium term prospects with him in charge