Post Cambridge Warne Out Poll

IslandExile

When should we part with Warne?  

316 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

56 minutes ago, Archied said:

Now before I give my view on today I have to answer that absolute garbage ,,, the one positive is that there’s at least three REAL players that have been brought in under warne ,,, fornah stands head and shoulders above anyone at the club already , he could have been taken off at half time and still been man of the match ,the new right back num 24 not good with names is quality , Nelson is quality too ,

on to my take ,,,, warne is under mounting pressure now , I can’t really name a poor individual player today yet we are not playing as a team whether that be rosenior style or the hard pressing take risks style that warne says he wants us to be , our players are too far apart and don’t seem to do anything collectively at all , I feel it’s as I stated before that the real question is can he adjust from being the underdog who overperforms to being the manager of a club who face teams every week who see themselves as the underdogs against the bigger club in derby county , maybe cracks are showing in his post game interviews which kind of lose me a bit recently, I have no doubt we have the squad to go up and to be fair some were brought in under warne 

Fornah got taken off in last home game...and it wasnt anything to do with MOTM. If Fornah is head and shoulders above Bird then you have started watching today. Nyambe has played 2 games and has a 3 month contract. Nelson has done well in last 4 games. The 2nd part of your post has alot more sense than the 1st part...which didnt include 1 attacking player. 

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

Game by game the fun is being sucked out of the game by our manager.

Thoroughly depressing watch his football.

Summed up nicely in the 80th minute when Korey Smith though a free kick from the centre circle would be best served up by a weak direct kick to the centre of their box.

Absolutely dreadful.

This sums up our ambition quite well. Wherever we get a free kick - including in our own half - we just lob it into the box to little or no effect. The chances of us scoring from these are very slim, yet the management think these represent our best opportunity rather than go to the trouble of passing the ball around and creating actual chances.

Its like we are playing against Man City and its our only hope. Drives me nuts - this season and the last. 

The criticism of Warne from most has been the style of football, Warneball which to many is hoofball. 

There was not even a hint of hoofball today.  We played the sort of football a Liam team would’ve played. Which renders the Warne ball narrative void doesn’t it (I’d argue particularly at home since his arrival it hasn’t been hoofball and people have been seeing what they want to see to fit their Warneball narrative) 

But in trying to play “the right way” today, while our build up play was decent for the most part (could’ve been quicker), it all fell down in the final 3rd. We created 3 excellent chances and should’ve taken at least one to win the game. But while we created numerous promising situations we didn’t create any more than 3 chances, and that isn’t enough.

Balance in midfield is wrong. Not sure about Waghorn as a 10. But I’m hopeful with players getting fit we’ll get that sorted. Fornah is an excellent player at this level especially I think him and Bird could be some partnership. Nyambe is class, cash and nelson starting to look a real partnership, get Elder fit he takes over from Foz and we probably have the best back 4 in the league. 

Still say I’m waiting until after the Port Vale game until either maintaining my current support of Warne or turning into a dissenter. But I will say my 6 year old is trying to get into football at the moment and into Derby County, she’s trying really hard and genuinely showing interest, but with the lack of chances and action particularly at home games right now, Derby county are really making it f****** difficult!! 

7 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

my 6 year old is trying to get into football at the moment and into Derby County, she’s trying really hard and genuinely showing interest, but with the lack of chances and action particularly at home games right now, Derby county are really making it f****** difficult!! 

Her words, or yours?

10 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

The criticism of Warne from most has been the style of football, Warneball which to many is hoofball. 

There was not even a hint of hoofball today.  We played the sort of football a Liam team would’ve played. Which renders the Warne ball narrative void doesn’t it (I’d argue particularly at home since his arrival it hasn’t been hoofball and people have been seeing what they want to see to fit their Warneball narrative) 

But in trying to play “the right way” today, while our build up play was decent for the most part (could’ve been quicker), it all fell down in the final 3rd. We created 3 excellent chances and should’ve taken at least one to win the game. But while we created numerous promising situations we didn’t create any more than 3 chances, and that isn’t enough.

Balance in midfield is wrong. Not sure about Waghorn as a 10. But I’m hopeful with players getting fit we’ll get that sorted. Fornah is an excellent player at this level especially I think him and Bird could be some partnership. Nyambe is class, cash and nelson starting to look a real partnership, get Elder fit he takes over from Foz and we probably have the best back 4 in the league. 

Still say I’m waiting until after the Port Vale game until either maintaining my current support of Warne or turning into a dissenter. But I will say my 6 year old is trying to get into football at the moment and into Derby County, she’s trying really hard and genuinely showing interest, but with the lack of chances and action particularly at home games right now, Derby county are really making it f****** difficult!! 

To me Warneball is wings cross repeat. We're playing good stuff from defence to final third but the final pass or cross let's us down nearly every time. It's also poor tactics playing to defenders strengths putting it in the air constantly. I hope with Bird returning we play some more direct stuff through the middle and run at defenders more.

4 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Fair enough, I genuinely didn't realise.

I suppose if you have enough pace in the team, not having anyone up top doesn't really matter.

For the record… im not a fan of it …we used to pull everyone back under mac too

i mean ur not telling me if johnny Russell and or jamie ward were left on the halfway line theyd have to leave minimum 3 back and its not like either gave us anything defending corners … never understood it myself 

7 hours ago, YouRams said:

To me Warneball is wings cross repeat. We're playing good stuff from defence to final third but the final pass or cross let's us down nearly every time. It's also poor tactics playing to defenders strengths putting it in the air constantly. I hope with Bird returning we play some more direct stuff through the middle and run at defenders more.

I agree We didn’t have anyone running at defenders through the middle yesterday but I do think that’s more down to personnel and hoping once players back and are firing it will improve. Sadly that is a key part to Embleton’s game and what he was brought into do. Sibley can also do it if we can get him in the right areas (although some will say play him in the right position id say he’s also effective wide). 

7 hours ago, YouRams said:

Crosses in the air aren’t going to provide goals. Collins and Waghorn need the ball to land on their heads without challenge to score and that’s pretty unlikely.

We look better when the wide men drag the ball back on the ground but we’ll need more intelligent running and positioning from our forwards.

NML is great at creating opportunities to pass but his delivery is poor. The failure to score when he had Barkhuisen alongside him was criminal.

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

Crosses in the air aren’t going to provide goals. Collins and Waghorn need the ball to land on their heads without challenge to score and that’s pretty unlikely.

We look better when the wide men drag the ball back on the ground but we’ll need more intelligent running and positioning from our forwards.

NML is great at creating opportunities to pass but his delivery is poor. The failure to score when he had Barkhuisen alongside him was criminal.

It'll need more time before Warne figures out their strengths though. 😄

12 hours ago, SSD said:

I'm usually one of the first loaded with missiles at the manager however we was much better today. Kept the ball so much better and I saw more potential than any other performance at home this season.

We was two header sitters away from the 3 points. If we're gonna point fingers, look at our forwards who were completely off it today.

Who thought the strikers were good enough to see us through and failed to invest in a decent one

11 hours ago, IslandExile said:

Given that, at the time of writing, ~44% have voted for the third option added by @Boycie it would seem that Warne still retains substantial support from the fans on this forum.

Surprising but there you have it.

It also illustrates the value of polls - the silent get an equal say.

As less than 180 have cast a vote it also shows how polls are pointless unless a reasonable number of people have taken part.

14 hours ago, davenportram said:

Sorry but we played decent stuff just couldn’t score when we had pressure on. Get grip, put your big boy pants on and realise that we have no divine right to promotion because we’re Derby County - big club who shouldn’t be in League 1.

I’m not disagreeing with what you said about the performance and I agree we have no right for promotion because of who we are… however we do have arguably the largest wage bill in the league and by that metric we need to be near the top of the division. Anything less is an underperformance. 

36 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

As less than 180 have cast a vote it also shows how polls are pointless unless a reasonable number of people have taken part.

True, and as we've seen from comments on Clough Jnr there's still some who would have him here however many years down the line expecting promotion 'next season'. There's no doubt he built up a lot of loyalty at the Club.

Perhaps the poll should be 'If Warne was sacked today how would you feel'? 

12 hours ago, IslandExile said:

Given that, at the time of writing, ~44% have voted for the third option added by @Boycie it would seem that Warne still retains substantial support from the fans on this forum.

Surprising but there you have it.

It also illustrates the value of polls - the silent get an equal say.

Paul warnes barmy army is still sang loudly at the games too. 

I wouldn’t be sad to see him go but clearly a big chunk of our support are still right behind him… 

9 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

True, and as we've seen from comments on Clough Jnr there's still some who would have him here however many years down the line expecting promotion 'next season'. There's no doubt he built up a lot of loyalty at the Club.

Perhaps the poll should be 'If Warne was sacked today how would you feel'? 

my defence of Clough have been that rewriting history to suggest he wasn’t successful during his time here is just a lie. I’ve said I wouldn’t have him back now because the job is a different beast. 

12 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Based on?

Forgot what we have or haven't done in the past.

We are a League One team.

What is the evidence that Warne is not good enough to be manager of a League One team?

Not all league one teams are the same. Managing Rotherham and managing Derby are different propositions, in the same way managing Portsmouth would be different to managing Cheltenham.

Warne has not managed a club as big as Derby. I don't think he is doing a very good job based on what we are seeing on the pitch.

Edited by JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta

12 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Based on?

Forgot what we have or haven't done in the past.

We are a League One team.

What is the evidence that Warne is not good enough to be manager of a League One team?

By applying some form of crude logic Warne must be good enough to manage a league 1 team given his 3 promotions from League 1 and also given he got us to 7th in League 1 last season.

If we are a league 1 team which we are then the logic follows Warne must be good enough to manage us.