Post Cambridge Warne Out Poll

IslandExile

When should we part with Warne?  

316 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, davenportram said:

Sorry but we played decent stuff just couldn’t score when we had pressure on. Get grip, put your big boy pants on and realise that we have no divine right to promotion because we’re Derby County - big club who shouldn’t be in League 1.

We have arguably the best squad in this utterly s*** division and I honestly believe not one of the teams currently above us in the table could live with us if we had the right coach/manager running the show.  

1 minute ago, Jayram said:

We have arguably the best squad in this utterly s*** division and I honestly believe not one of the teams currently above us in the table could live with us if we had the right coach/manager running the show.  

Lets not forget a player that has got us 2 wins and 6 points wasnt wanted by Warne till a testimonial.

I'm usually one of the first loaded with missiles at the manager however we was much better today. Kept the ball so much better and I saw more potential than any other performance at home this season.

We was two header sitters away from the 3 points. If we're gonna point fingers, look at our forwards who were completely off it today.

2 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Game by game the fun is being sucked out of the game by our manager.

Thoroughly depressing watch his football.

Summed up nicely in the 80th minute when Korey Smith though a free kick from the centre circle would be best served up by a weak direct kick to the centre of their box.

Absolutely dreadful.

No quality up top, other than that its not much different to anything else you've watched in the last 5 years

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

No quality up top, other than that its not much different to anything else you've watched in the last 5 years

Which has been dreadful I agree as well.

At least under Rooney and briefly Rosenoir I saw a plan and a type of play. I went to games that season more emphused for sure. Now - absolutely nothing. 

1 hour ago, DazzaRam said:

We have been like this since Wycombe away last season. I was hoping id seen shoots of a recovery last 2 games but i really didnt. For all the people who say we played well...Wildsmith made more saves than Cambridge's keeper. We have won 2 out the last 14 at home. Burton and Fleetwood. Both 1-0. Burton win was a penalty. Its a year in now and Warne's best players are still the ones Rosenoir brought in or had coached before he became manager. The substitutions today were an absolute joke. For a team sitting deep...what does Washington offer? For Sibley to come on and play wide tells u everything. Barkhuizen taken off??? Why??? I know hes been out a while but...Why???...Bored and see nothing but bland nothingless. Does Stevie Mac fancy Part 3??? That Rosenoir is doing ok too. One for the future that lad. 

Now before I give my view on today I have to answer that absolute garbage ,,, the one positive is that there’s at least three REAL players that have been brought in under warne ,,, fornah stands head and shoulders above anyone at the club already , he could have been taken off at half time and still been man of the match ,the new right back num 24 not good with names is quality , Nelson is quality too ,

on to my take ,,,, warne is under mounting pressure now , I can’t really name a poor individual player today yet we are not playing as a team whether that be rosenior style or the hard pressing take risks style that warne says he wants us to be , our players are too far apart and don’t seem to do anything collectively at all , I feel it’s as I stated before that the real question is can he adjust from being the underdog who overperforms to being the manager of a club who face teams every week who see themselves as the underdogs against the bigger club in derby county , maybe cracks are showing in his post game interviews which kind of lose me a bit recently, I have no doubt we have the squad to go up and to be fair some were brought in under warne 

Edited by Archied

15 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Which has been dreadful I agree as well.

At least under Rooney and briefly Rosenoir I saw a plan and a type of play. I went to games that season more emphused for sure. Now - absolutely nothing. 

I'm not sure how today was any different to what I've watched over the last 5 years?

Getting rid of Warne now means paying up his remaining contract.  No one here can possibly expect Clowes to fork out the cash for that, so it comes down to the fans to put their money where their mouths are.  Get a collection started and do it.  No? 

Every week, every dropped point, every poor performance a percentage of our fan base shift to Warne out.

Sometimes I get a feeling when the shift moves to when not if a manager loses too many fans for his position to be tenable.

I'm patient and back managers, but it is getting hard to do.

If we put feelers out to someone like carsley and he said he wants the job I would be all over it.