Derby v Cambridge Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

8 minutes ago, Srg said:

Kind of agree. 

We’ve been improving a bit, got 2 good results last week with 2 clean sheets despite differing performances. I feel like, regardless of who the opposition are today, it’s time to really kick on. We’ve got some players back to fitness, others have settled down… let’s go out there and show a bit more. It’s a sneaky big moment for the season for me. 

Definitely agree. Pride Park should be a fortress in this division with teams coming here scared of what they're going to come up against. I think we've lacked a bit of belief when playing at home recently and that needs to change. If we're a bit braver and a bit more aggressive I think the performances should come. The team need to get the fans involved in the game. We need something to shout about and roar on. We have 25,000 supporters every week in the third tier, it's time the team took advantage of that fact. 

57 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

They were crap last season, offered practically nothing against us and a 1-0 victory wasn't indicative of our dominance in that game.

Their squad is weaker than last year, our squad is stronger. 

They're doing better than last year, but from what I can tell it's with some players who couldn't get in their team last season.

Home banker.

They seem to have some potency off the bench.  Their subs get a fair few goals and assists

19 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

They seem to have some potency off the bench.  Their subs get a fair few goals and assists

Let's hope for some astute tactical management to react to their changes then!

Their top scorer this season Okenabirhie (6 goals 2 assists) only made 21 appearances for them last season (2 goals against a L2 side, no assists)

I wonder though if this shows early signs of my suspicion Sam Smith was monopolising all their scoring opportunities and they'd be a better team without him being accurate .

Edited by Kokosnuss

Probably going to miss a chunk of this as my in-laws selfishly planned their golden wedding anniversary for today! Begrudgingly out for lunch then hopefully back in time for the second half. 
Unlike others all I’m really interested in is the result, if that comes on the back of a swashbuckling performance then great, if it’s a ground out 3 points I’ll still be happy. Hope those who are going enjoy their day either way.

On 27/09/2023 at 08:25, Mucker1884 said:

Blimey!  6 whole weeks since I last attended a game!  (Just checked... lousy memory... was Fleetwood at home).

I'm actually buzzing... can't wait!

It'd better be good!  

🐏

Almost feels like the first match of the season for me!

I’ll be turning up with a smile on my face, hope in my heart, air in my lungs, and expectation at blue sky level. 
I’ll be skipping up the stairs to my seat, belting out the words to SBW in perfect synchronicity with those all around (leave it! 🙄), and cheering with gusto from the first whistle to the last.

The past matters not. The past is gone. Onwards we march. 

Today Matthew, I’m gonna be Mr Positivity.  Today, I make myself heard.  

Join me one and all, why don’t yer!  
Make Pride Park proud again. 
#bringbackthebuzz

Happy new season everyone. Here’s to the coming success!

🐏

3 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Almost feels like the first match of the season for me!

I’ll be turning up with a smile on my face, hope in my heart, air in my lungs, and expectation at blue sky level. 
I’ll be skipping up the stairs to my seat, belting out the words to SBW in perfect synchronicity with those all around (leave it! 🙄), and cheering with gusto from the first whistle to the last.

The past matters not. The past is gone. Onwards we march. 

Today Matthew, I’m gonna be Mr Positivity.  Today, I make myself heard.  

Join me one and all, why don’t yer!  
Make Pride Park proud again. 
#bringbackthebuzz

Happy new season everyone. Here’s to the coming success!

🐏

Glad to see the Prozac is working 

38 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Probably going to miss a chunk of this as my in-laws selfishly planned their golden wedding anniversary for today! Begrudgingly out for lunch then hopefully back in time for the second half. 
Unlike others all I’m really interested in is the result, if that comes on the back of a swashbuckling performance then great, if it’s a ground out 3 points I’ll still be happy. Hope those who are going enjoy their day either way.

Can't they change the day they were married to tomorrow? Selfish.

24 minutes ago, Marriot Ram99 said:

Disappointed there's no Sibley,  looking like there's  a lack of creativity. 

I want to suggest an alternative perspective, but...

It is somewhat similar to announcing to Cambridge: "We shall be attacking exclusively through our speedy wingers this afternoon." 

Still, I'm quite often wrong, so we live in hope!