Derby v Cambridge Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

4 minutes ago, LincsRam said:

Waggy or Smith haven't exactly been doing much either.

That's because he's not being played to his strengths. He needs to play the Collins role with someone agile behind him. Smith has been doing alright, he keeps it ticking over. He'll do for today

They know we have absolutely bugger  all through the middle. Just funnelling it wide for us to f*** it up or to turn back round. Playing this slowly and predictably, they’ve got it sussed. Don’t know why Warne needs to see any more, it’s not changed since the first half. 

Just now, SK47 said:

That's because he's not being played to his strengths. He needs to play the Collins role with someone agile behind him. Smith has been doing alright, he keeps it ticking over. He'll do for today

He does sod all except stand there or slows down play when he eventually gets the ball. He actually looked ok when he played right back, he doesnt have an engine for a midfielder.

2 minutes ago, LincsRam said:

He does sod all except stand there or slows down play when he eventually gets the ball. He actually looked ok when he played right back, he doesnt have an engine for a midfielder.

I think you forget Bird and Hourihane have been injured. Who else you gonna play there? The tea lady?

1 minute ago, LincsRam said:

I reckon this is one of the rare times I’d disagree with you. Smith’s a limited midfielder doing a limited job, he does it well enough and is a decent option in the squad. He’s in the side to do the simple things which is why we don’t see him “affecting” the game (in my opinion of course). I would at this stage swap him for Bird though and look to get this game done.

Waghorn and Barkhuizen off for Sibley and Washington. From the brief bit of the match I’ve seen, seems harsh on Barkhuizen, he’s got a bit of footballing guile about him that might help unlock this Cambridge defence.