Derby v Cambridge Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

Just now, Big Trav said:

If we draw this, I will be fuming. We cannot score goals. Serious attacking players need to be brought in January if we want to go up

It has though been an improved display & we still have time. Although we have looked less than great on crosses again, we have had some chances. Cambridge have been poor.

If I've said it once I've said it 1000times. Collins is lucky he somehow scores occasionally because he'd be a league 2 bench warmer at best if it wasn't for that. He's the worst target man/hold up player I've ever seen in a derby shirt for over a decade. Truly awful.

First half wasn’t Warne’s fault, but I can’t explain waiting til the 70th minute watching the exact same performance as the first half before making a change.

Then he makes the change, and he puts Sibley wide when the entire problem has been the lack of any option or creativity through the middle making Cambridge’s life so easy. 

Baffling. 

Just now, SK47 said:

If I've said it once I've said it 1000times. Collins is lucky he somehow scores occasionally because he'd be a league 2 bench warmer at best if it wasn't for that. He's the worst target man/hold up player I've ever seen in a derby shirt for over a decade. Truly awful.

Connor Sammon. I rest my case.

2 minutes ago, Srg said:

First half wasn’t Warne’s fault, but I can’t explain waiting til the 70th minute watching the exact same performance as the first half before making a change.

Then he makes the change, and he puts Sibley wide when the entire problem has been the lack of any option or creativity through the middle making Cambridge’s life so easy. 

Baffling. 

Warne seems to have limited tactical nous.

Edited by TomG

3 minutes ago, Srg said:

Baffling. 

We desperately need more creativity through the middle. We didn't have that much last season - and we had McGoldrick then. We have Sibley but I'm not sure he's the answer and Warne seems to think he definitely isn't he answer.

Think we've put all our eggs in the crossing basket, but we aren't that great at crossing and it does make us a bit predictable.