Derby v Cambridge Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

5 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

We’ve played some decent stuff and had most of the possession, but not created enough clear cut chances.

If we had a good CF we’d probably have taken more advantage of the openings we’ve fashioned.

Agree with the first point (although NML and Barks made a mess of a very good chance in the first couple of minutes).

How are you then moving to your second point?

3 minutes ago, jameso said:

Agree with the first point (although NML and Barks made a mess of a very good chance in the first couple of minutes).

How are you then moving to your second point?

What I mean is a better CF would help us create those opening. Collins doesn’t play in dangerous enough areas for my liking

Not a bad first half that, quite enjoyable. Deserve a couple of goals. Continue playing like this and we will win. 

Also very impressed with Fornah, been immense. Won everything. Solid shout out for Nyambe as well. Not put a foot wrong, and nothing gets past him. Good signing.

Edited by DanS1992

Back for the second half!
From what I’ve read of the matchday thread so far, summary seems to be that it is the better home performance some have called for in that we’re controlling things, passing more and limiting Cambridge, but not creating enough, is that about right?

If that is the case it’s good to see we’ve got some options on the bench like Bird, Sibley, Kane and Washington who can come on and contribute 

1 minute ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Back for the second half!
From what I’ve read of the matchday thread so far, summary seems to be that it is the better home performance some have called for in that we’re controlling things, passing more and limiting Cambridge, but not creating enough, is that about right?

If that is the case it’s good to see we’ve got some options on the bench like Bird, Sibley, Kane and Washington who can come on and contribute 

Pretty much spot on with the first paragraph.

Got my hopes up there briefly re the bench options 😉

Get  Collins off. Too sluggish and wouldn't score today if we played for 500 minutes. Such a shame John Jules is injured because this game is made for him. If we had a bit of pace up front we would be 3-0 up by now. The wing play has been decent, few annoying situations, but the problem is the cement our forwards are stuck in atm. We need legs.

I'd take NML off and put Wilson on, I'd put sibley on for Collins and stick Waggy upfront with Sibs behind him.

Just now, SK47 said:

Get  Collins off. Too sluggish and wouldn't score today if we played for 500 minutes. Such a shame John Jules is injured because this game is made for him. If we had a bit of pace up front we would be 3-0 up by now. The wing play has been decent, few annoying situations, but the problem is the cement our forwards are stuck in atm. We need legs.

I'd take NML off and put Wilson on, I'd put sibley on for Collins and stick Waggy upfront with Sibs behind him.

Waggy or Smith haven't exactly been doing much either.