Derby v Cambridge Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

21 minutes ago, Srg said:

Wildsmith, Wilson, Nelson, Cashin, Forsyth, Bird, Fornah, Sibley, NML, Barkhuizen, Waghorn.

Looks good to me! 👍🐏

Wildsmith

Wilson       Nelson       Cashin      Forsyth

Bird                Fornah

Sibley

Mendez-Laing           Waghorn.           Barkhuizen

16 minutes ago, sage said:

I don't think Bird should start on his comeback, that's a recipe for disaster.  

I agree. I'm expecting him to name this squad:

Wildsmith
Nyambe   Nelson   Cashin   Forsyth
Mendez-Laing   Fornah   Smith   Sibley   
Waghorn   Collins

Subs: Loach, Bradley, Wilson, Elder, Bird, Barkhuizen, Washington

Subbed off: for Mendez-Laing, Fornah, Sibley, Waghorn
Subbed on: Wilson, Bird, Barkhuizen and Washington

Maybe Bradley coming on to defend against a late aerial bombardment as Cambridge chase a late equaliser.

13 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Tickets selling reasonably well, just over 3,000 left for home fans.

Cambridge have sold over 1,100

Why are all these people coming when we are playing such rubbish football and Warne can’t even get out of bed without doing it badly? 😜

Edited by Dean (hick) Saunders

4 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I agree. I'm expecting him to name this squad:

Wildsmith
Nyambe   Nelson   Cashin   Forsyth
Mendez-Laing   Fornah   Smith   Sibley   
Waghorn   Collins

Subs: Loach, Bradley, Wilson, Elder, Bird, Barkhuizen, Washington

Subbed off: for Mendez-Laing, Fornah, Sibley, Waghorn
Subbed on: Wilson, Bird, Barkhuizen and Washington

Maybe Bradley coming on to defend against a late aerial bombardment as Cambridge chase a late equaliser.

I think we may end up with...

Wildsmith

Nyambe     Nelson      Cashin     Fozzy

Fornah        Smith

NML                   Waghorn             Barkuizen

Collins

3 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Why are all these people coming when we are playing such rubbish football and Warne can’t even get out of bed without doing it badly? 😜

I'm going there to support the team. Why would I not, despite thinking we would be better off if we made changes out of my control?

25 minutes ago, sage said:

I don't think Bird should start on his comeback, that's a recipe for disaster.  

I can see where you’re coming from but I’m a bit old school when it comes to players returning from injuries.

If you’re fit to play 90 minutes you’re in the squad, if you’re not fit to play 90 minutes you’re not in the squad.

I’ve never been a big fan of this bring em on for 15 minutes at the end mullarkey. 👍🐏

3 minutes ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

I can see where you’re coming from but I’m a bit old school when it comes to players returning from injuries.

If you’re fit to play 90 minutes you’re in the squad, if you’re not fit to play 90 minutes you’re not in the squad.

I’ve never been a big fan of this bring em on for 15 minutes at the end mullarkey. 👍🐏

Sadly that isn't the case. Football has moved on and players are quicker and more agile, but less robust. The Physiology has changed. As has football. 

5 hours ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

In the old school you only had one sub so he had better be fit!  

45 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

It might have something to do with Derby County supporters being …….. supporters?

Or… lots of people are enjoying their days out and the football experience is good…  Surely the vast majority are not there thinking, “This is horrible, I hate it, but at least I’m being a loyal supporter”.  I think you are most likely wrong IMO.

(I enjoyed last season with PW.. Unfortunately we lost the gold one, but that’s football)

47 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Or… lots of people are enjoying their days out and the football experience is good…  Surely the vast majority are not there thinking, “This is horrible, I hate it, but at least I’m being a loyal supporter”.  I think you are most likely wrong IMO.

(I enjoyed last season with PW.. Unfortunately we lost the gold one, but that’s football)

Did you enjoy last season with PW or with Didzy? 😉