Derby v Cambridge Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

2 hours ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Or… lots of people are enjoying their days out and the football experience is good…  Surely the vast majority are not there thinking, “This is horrible, I hate it, but at least I’m being a loyal supporter”.  I think you are most likely wrong IMO.

(I enjoyed last season with PW.. Unfortunately we lost the gold one, but that’s football)

Its both. We still enjoy the event, but as a Sarf Stander I am surrounded by people who hate the troach we end up watching, but still give their support.

2 hours ago, DavesaRam said:

Its both. We still enjoy the event, but as a Sarf Stander I am surrounded by people who hate the troach we end up watching, but still give their support.

I would agree. I'm not suggesting the majority are anti Warne, but both home and away there is a swell of dissatisfaction with our play, which must be approaching half of the fans.

Everyone near me in the East Stand are unimpressed and I was surprised at the amount of low level discontent at Carlisle.

10 hours ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Or… lots of people are enjoying their days out and the football experience is good…  Surely the vast majority are not there thinking, “This is horrible, I hate it, but at least I’m being a loyal supporter”.  I think you are most likely wrong IMO.

(I enjoyed last season with PW.. Unfortunately we lost the gold one, but that’s football)

Out of interest, which area of the ground do you sit in and how often do you go?

6 hours ago, sage said:

I would agree. I'm not suggesting the majority are anti Warne, but both home and away there is a swell of dissatisfaction with our play, which must be approaching half of the fans.

Everyone near me in the East Stand are unimpressed and I was surprised at the amount of low level discontent at Carlisle.

Isn’t it great , we are a proper football club again with fans arguing the toss over managers , players , style , performances and everything football again , couple of hours and I will be in the car heading to derby and we are going to batter Cambridge today , I can feel it in my water , today is the day our home form gets back on track

Let’s hope we can get back to the “Champagne” football we played against Lincoln. In that game Fornah showed he is quite capable of screening the defence and bringing the ball out and getting it forward with quality ( similar to John McGovern). Against the likes of Cambridge , I don’t think he needs another DM along side him. Bird should not take his place as he has had his head turned by the mighty Hull city and is likely to go.

On 27/09/2023 at 18:41, angieram said:

I'm a bit surprised there are no comments on Cash's interview. I thought he spoke really well about their support for Josh Vickers.

That's a lot of responsibility on a young player to come out and articulate how difficult it has been for the players.

He is future captain material,  without a doubt.

I’m not surprised. Great interview.
And I agree with everything about your post @angieram

Far too many on here (sheep not rams) wallowing in their own misery, posting miserable posts in their miserable efforts to get some miserable enjoyment when the football team they proclaim to support miserably fails by loosing a game, yes I repeat a game, yes I’ll repeat a game of sport called football that should be enjoyed, as the team we all support tries it’s hardest to win as many games possible to achieve everyone’s goals and hope.

Whilst one of our fellow players is currently suffering and feeling real miserable pain through the loss of life to a special loved one in life.

Whereas a lot of us on here love Derby County Football Club and choose to support it, whatever division it plays in, whatever managers and coaches lead and coach it, whatever financial, whatever recruitment, whatever staff, whatever groundsman, whatever players play for it, and even whatever fans support it.

Up The Rams 🐏 

Edited by Inverurie Ram

4 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Out of interest, which area of the ground do you sit in and how often do you go?

About 15 games last season and 3 so far this year. Like to move around the ground a bit, but East Stand mainly this year.

Find paying as I go more convenient with work and social life these days. Find I enjoy the match experience more this way too.

(Sitting in ES today, looking forward to it COYR)

Edited by Dean (hick) Saunders

They were crap last season, offered practically nothing against us and a 1-0 victory wasn't indicative of our dominance in that game.

Their squad is weaker than last year, our squad is stronger. 

They're doing better than last year, but from what I can tell it's with some players who couldn't get in their team last season.

Home banker.

Edited by Kokosnuss

11 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

We need a strong performance today, not just a result. We really haven't turned up at home yet to a game which has understandably frustrated fans. At some point, we need to put down a marker that we are the ones to beat and nail our colours to the promotion mast. 

Kind of agree. 

We’ve been improving a bit, got 2 good results last week with 2 clean sheets despite differing performances. I feel like, regardless of who the opposition are today, it’s time to really kick on. We’ve got some players back to fitness, others have settled down… let’s go out there and show a bit more. It’s a sneaky big moment for the season for me.