Derby v Cambridge Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

Cambridge are doing brilliantly at the moment, thanks in no small part to (for my money) the best manager in the league in Mark Bonner, but they’re a seriously underfunded team - a team full of the most hardened of journeymen with the very smallest sprinkling of youth. They’re not a team who is going to beat us with energy or pace, Gassan Ahadme is a player at times threatening but ultimately struggles hugely with consistency. 

These are usually the games that we do well in, the team makeup is similar to ourselves but on a fifth of a budget. I do think Bonner is ultimately a very smart manager, but I predict a scrappy game whereby the quality of the players ends up being the difference.

In terms of team selection, their old guard at the back - Ryan Bennett and Michael Morrison - are likely to struggle with pace so it gives Warne a chance to give a run out for Washington. Shame TJJ isn’t fit as this would be a good opportunity for him too. Smith needs to make sure Thomas doesn’t get much time or opportunity on the ball - he is a player who does have a bit of quality.

I'm a bit surprised there are no comments on Cash's interview. I thought he spoke really well about their support for Josh Vickers.

That's a lot of responsibility on a young player to come out and articulate how difficult it has been for the players.

He is future captain material,  without a doubt.

On 26/09/2023 at 17:28, DiggerB said:

Wildsmith

Nyambe Nelson Cashin Fozzy

Smith.         Fornah

Wilson     Sibley/Waggy.   Barks

Collo

Subs: Loach, Bradley, Elder, Robinson, NML, Washington, Waggy/Sibbo, 

Does Sibbo get the chance, or do we go with experience?

Don’t be silly!

29 minutes ago, angieram said:

I'm a bit surprised there are no comments on Cash's interview. I thought he spoke really well about their support for Josh Vickers.

That's a lot of responsibility on a young player to come out and articulate how difficult it has been for the players.

He is future captain material,  without a doubt.

👏 Still not sure I want to rate him more than I already do, given he'll probably leave us in January 😞

Wildsmith 

Nyambe  Nelson   Cashin   Forsyth

Smith   Fornah

NML   Sibley   Barkuizen 

Waghorn

Loach, Collins, Bird, Washington, Bradley, Wilson, Elder