Billy Sharp

Dartmouth Ram

If I see another striker with a blue badge and a bus pass I'm gonna fall over.

We don't need another work horse or slug, we either need mobility and pace or an out and out target man that actually holds up the play, wins headers and someone our 10s can get beyond. So far we have neither, but we have those that are a jack of all trades, master of none.

13 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I wholeheartedly agree, I think there’s a need for another, I just don’t know that it needs to be immediate as a priority now in terms of pursuing a Billy Sharp or Jordan Rhodes type player. Would rather use Waghorn, Washington and Collins with support from those you mentioned (a returning  Sibley and Barkhuizen definitely help) in the next week or two and secure the other players to provide what’s lacking in the squad, then try for a premier league loan or two for that sprinkling of magic to finalise the squad. 

I think we need to work out who’s going to get on the end of those lovely crosses we saw on Saturday. 
It sure as hell isn’t Collins.

He makes life easy for centre halves.

We need a finisher.

1 minute ago, Anag Ram said:

I think we need to work out who’s going to get on the end of those lovely crosses we saw on Saturday. 
It sure as hell isn’t Collins.

He makes life easy for centre halves.

We need a finisher.

I think that can be Collins/Waghorn/Washington for now. Not everyone shares that opinion, but for me I would rather those 3 and a younger more mobile loanee, secured once the loan market opens up a bit more, than Sharp or Rhodes.

Then the wages earmarked for the rumoured older strikers could be used to tempt a couple of the younger remaining free agents to join the club at lwb or cb and in midfield.

Just my thoughts of course, well aware not everyone (or anyone) will agree.

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

How would you react to idiots shouting their mouths off that you are a paedo and taking the piss out of you losing your child? Having gone through the pain of losing my daughter I know how I would 🙄

Given the disgusting behaviour at that time Derby County would be the last team on earth I would play for in Sharp’s place.

There’s a world of difference between forgiving and forgetting.

12 hours ago, Cook1988 said:

No money simply as,that's y we getting old players, spend cash next season in championship (hopefully)

Then the 30k crowds will dwindle. You can’t have a premiership size club operating like Burton Albion for long. People will get fed up with it

13 hours ago, hintonsboots said:

Sorry to hear that mate. Think this thread could do with some moderation.

In my opinion showing how some peoples actions effect others need to be shown sometimes.

I can guarantee that the idiots who chanted the vile comments to Sharpe don’t have kids of their own.

If they do? There’s no hope for the future.

1 hour ago, Abu Derby said:

If he does pull on a Rams shirt, I for one will be rooting for him. Couldn’t care less what he’s said or done. 

That's where I am, not a fan of his, but if he pulls on a Derby shirt, I will back him.

I even cheered when Stuart Pearce scored in a Derby shirt, for all the hate, respect was given where respect was due.

I do think Sharp would score at least 15 goals in this division.